Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

quote:

Is This an Auto-Runner?

To describe Super Meat Boy Forever as an auto-runner would be a disservice. It’s like saying that Zelda: Breath of the Wild is a game about a swordsman. Meat Boy / Bandage Girl do always run, but there is so much more to the game than running. They can attack enemies, they can dash through the air, there are tons of levels, there are bosses, there are secrets, and there is a surprising amount of difficulty that doesn’t feel unfair. It’s everything you would expect a Super Meat Boy sequel to be. Super Meat Boy Forever is a Super Meat Boy game that you can play anywhere on pretty much any device that’s powerful enough to run it!

What is Dynamically Constructed? Why Not Say Procedurally Generated?

“Procedurally generated” is an overused term that applies to a wide range of things. While the levels are randomly generated, they aren’t truly random and their creation is heavily based on criteria we’ve designed and tested. Each level consists of hundreds of carefully designed “chunks” that are placed together to create a level. Chunks are selected randomly from pools that are categorized by difficulty by us. Each time you beat a level, an increased difficulty criteria is used to generate the harder version of that level. Also, levels need to have a certain cadence to them so they don’t feel like just random stuff thrown at you. We’ve worked on a system that allows us to give a criteria of difficulty and pacing that makes the levels randomly, but still within the confines of what we want the levels to be presented as. Oh and also, it sounds way cooler than “procedurally generated”.

Just call it a Procedurally Generated Auton-Runner, you pompous dolts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Sakurazuka posted:

Some people in the Switch thread mentioned that the PS3 port of No More Heroes is pretty bad, is it actually bad or just Nintendo fanboys?
Assume I'd much rather play it on a proper controller rather than dumb waggle.

Framerate tanks frequently, looooooong load times at points, the graphical style they went with for the NMH1 assets look terrible especially compared to all the improvements in NMH2, the only things they added were an Easy mode, a model viewer and a boss rush that includes a couple NMH2 bosses. It's not a good port, either of the times they released it on the PS3.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Lizard Wizard posted:

Trip to shelter was short but productive. Identified a few viable kitties and will probably be getting one next week. :toot:

Nothing has ever made less sense to me.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Oh, that makes sense wrt Sakurai. Follow up question though is Kid Icarus:Uprising 2 when?

We are not worthy of it

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

corn in the bible posted:

paper mario color splash sucks :(

Looper posted:

Starting to think the problem here is you

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Unfunny Poster posted:

All anime is haram.

There certainly is a lot of them, but I wouldn't say ALL anime are harem anime.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Don't play the rest of them because 2 is the zenith of the series.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Ghost Trick

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I like to believe that there's a heated divide in the Twister group that never goes away, the use of non-balloon props with the balloons vs those staunchly opposed to any non-balloon prop. Many a heated debate, testing friendships and comraderies leading to temporary, reluctant truces between sides of the forums.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

In Training posted:

I didn't really have any expectations for this game going in but even still. The fan made remake of 2 is a better Metroid game than this so far.

Shockingly, you haven't backed down from something you convinced yourself was true back in June. Confirmation bias sure is a funny thing.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

MHA is generic shounen for people who want to pretend it's above shounen.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I like MHA but is shounen to a T and the "American comics" aspect is skin-deep.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Andrast posted:

MHA is a good shounen for people who like a good shounen

This is also true. A lot of people just like to put it on a pedestal it doesn't inhabit just to pretend they don't like shounen

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

tap my mountain posted:

MHA is good shonen cause the side characters get to actually do things and also the conflicts with the would be emo shits are handled in a mature way instead of the standard rival cliches

I mean there's like 6 characters in the classroom that might as well not exist

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

a.lo posted:

I will not play it.

Rejoice anyway

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Nintendo published Devil's Third

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Viewtiful Jew posted:

The Witness is available on iOS now.

I wanted to see if he's still using the same exact description he used for Braid ten years ago and...

:thunk:

Mmmm...

Man that's almost false advertising

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Grapplejack posted:

I'd argue that there really isn't a point to playing them past the first one, because they all have the same plot.

At least the first game had actual cases to solve and not the random bullshit the second game had.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Grouchio posted:

....So what you guys are saying is that i've made a terrible mistake getting DRV3?

If it's anything like 2, yes.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Samus Returns is GotM

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

FirstAidKite posted:

I don't know much about the series aside from their setups and some context-less spoilers. Is there anything you can tell me to explain why the second game is so bad? Feel free to spoil me, I'm likely never gonna play them.

The cases in the second game are really bad (other than a certain one which is admittedly amazing and better than anything in 1) and involve logic and motives that the player has no ability to reason ahead of time. Case 2 has one character give us her alibi as to why she couldn't be the killer, as she was swimming in the ocean at the time. This goes into a segue about something odd she noticed about the island while she was swimming and was meant as a hint to the mystery of the island that they're on and whatnot. It turns out that she was the culprit though and she never went swimming...which somehow doesn't undo the mystery she said she discovered while swimming. It's just bad writing and this is not the only example.

EDIT:

Hmm, maybe DR3 will be good after all.

Ometeotl fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Sep 25, 2017

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

al-azad posted:

I don't remember them talking about the island but all the characters hung out at the beach before the case, and even the main character makes an observation about the island in the chapter before so there's nothing farfetched about people seeing weird stuff.

Go back and read the part of Case 2 where the culprit shows up to the diner in her swimsuit with the rest of them. It only makes sense if she isn't the culprit, but she is.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I for one, find it terrifying.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Double post because:

https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/913284831626264577

Paying for online services sure is a good thing