Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
I am the Knight With No Name

Oscar of Astora

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Raxivace posted:

Yeah people really do get weird about summoning. I suggested on somewhere else once that Dark Souls wasn't actually that hard of a game to get all of the trophies in because of how far just having some decent summons can take you, and as a result I had people telling me that summons don't actually count, the devs actually didn't want you to use them or something etc.

The devs never intended for you to summon, that's why they made it easy to do and continued to make it easier in every sequel

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Jay Rust posted:

Summoning NPCs in 1 sometimes granted their equipment if you beat the boss with them (the Witch lady, Paladin Leroy), and 3 has that AND you can get gestures!

It's not required to summon NPCs in 1 to get their equipment. You have to beat Leeroy as a black phantom to get his equipment, and beat Four Kings to get Beatrice's equipment.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Best thing anime has given us is people tripping over each other to one-up their dislike of anime

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
There's not 80 minutes of things to talk about in Dark Souls 2

• Locked thread