Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Some people in the Switch thread mentioned that the PS3 port of No More Heroes is pretty bad, is it actually bad or just Nintendo fanboys?
Assume I'd much rather play it on a proper controller rather than dumb waggle.

No More Heroes isn't a game where you waggle the controller, your attacks are all button based it's just whether they're high or low depends on how you aim the controller. It's actually pretty nice if not simplistic. I mean I guess the QTEs were motions but they all work.

The PS3 version I believe ran shittier and had a different graphical style or something but also had stuff that referenced the second game so YMMV.

A Spider Covets posted:

omg he's so fat and small :allears:

Gecco Co., I do not agree with your $299.99 number, but I will give you $5 for this lizard

They can't just give the titanite away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Wamdoodle posted:

There was waggle to recharge the sword though which was very necessary. Not sure how that was done on PS3

Oh. Yeah. Duh.

But at least there's also ways to replenish it with items in the environment so you end up not doing it as much as you'd think.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Cyberconnect making the only HD re-release I know of that is also a sequel, currently.

Comes out in November!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Part of the collection coming out includes the Terminal Disc, which summarizes the first four games. I had fun with them but their gameplay is really basic and involves a ton of grinding out materials to unlock areas, especially in the final one (turns part 4 from a 15 hour game to a 30 hour one), so I don't think you're missing out much if you don't play them.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Raxivace posted:

I only beat Infection myself, but I'm gonna try and finish the other three before the G.U. HD games come out.

Kind of glad I waited to try those later ones now.

tbh I would wait to see if they do anything for those games first because the grind is real.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

idk if I could live with myself if I paid money for a game and played it for 5 minutes

I've been holding out pretty well.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

an actual dog posted:

I've read this about three times and each time I find something new to hate

https://twitter.com/textfiles/status/903663357210841088

there's some great DMs in his feed that he got from some like discord fan squad member? it's amazing

TINGLE ASKED YOU NOT TO STEAL THEM, WHAT A CROOK

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Freshly-Pushed Springle's Rosebud Fetishland

aka

Springle's "Once you pop, you can't stop."

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

precision posted:

frankly i'm amazed that people with a regdate past 2009 or so who aren't re-regs exist

Yeah I'm behind the times on a lot of things.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

lmao, what the gently caress.

Nightmare Creatures is getting rebooted by the people who made the Spooky's House of Jumpscares game.

http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/pax-west-2017-nightmare-creatures-reboot-announced/

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

homeless snail posted:

i'm gonna make the biggest dick mod in the world

Gladio is already in the game.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

For a long period of time I worked pushing carts at Wal-Mart, and one time I saw a bunch of birds gathered around an open tin of cheese dip someone just left in the parking lot.

Birds are good.

Cheese dip would be a good bird name.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I want that "It's a Parody!" seal to be as ubiquitous as "Featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry Series"

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

glam rock hamhock posted:

I just hope it doesn't flop

I would not get your hopes up.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Is there anything in super metroid that hints that crystal flash is a thing that exists?

If you sit at the title screen a demo play thing starts up that shows it being used at one point, as well as a lot of other things that aren't explicitly said.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Clockwise Zabie supremacy

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I swear this controller "derail" comes up maybe every two months.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

It's like you loving knew what I was too lazy to go looking for pictures for.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

To me 3D World is weirdly underrated, I guess because of the Wii U factor? I'd easily consider it one of the best Mario titles ever made, up there with the Galaxies and World, but it's usually just a footnote in any conversation about the franchise. Beating Champion's Road is one of my most cherish gaming accomplishments.

3D World is the best Mario game ever made.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

which D-Pad was worse: N64, Dreamcast, or X360? The first two are rough as gently caress. One's too concave, the other is somehow raised too much to do anything without hurting.

The R-Zone

The tips are pointed and the corners where the cross meets are too, so you have to stab yourself to do anything.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

*your name change went through, mr. Pitchford*

"Yes, now it's time."

At Gearbox we're now proud to announce PLAYEROFRENOWN'S BATTLEBORNS

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I heard the other day that the engine it runs on wasn't built for more than 64 players so once enough people die in a match the game starts to run better.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I'm not sure I want to help Tiesel relax.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Color Splash imo looks like an upgrade of Sticker Star by nature of having better writing and more interesting stuff happening but still looks like it suffers from the same issues as Sticker Star combat-wise and aesthetic-wise where it's just a big ol' world populated with toads and the combat is meh and you don't get the interesting cast variety you got from the first two games.

Sticker Star is absolute trash but Color Splash was one of my favorite games from last year. I don't know what the fascination is with Paper Mario 1 and 2 (I didn't really like either whatsoever, but whatevs) but I can say that even when every character is a toad they're all unique enough that it doesn't matter.

If people are still judging this game based on Sticker Star (and haven't just quit reading this post entirely for the sacrilege of not liking PM1 or TTYD) please at least give it a try. You know, with the caveat being you need a Wii U and probably still $60 because I doubt that it went down in price any.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

In Training posted:

TTYD is amazeballs. If you want another game like that play Paper Jam!! It's actually challenging too, which is nice

I mean I figure the recommendation to play most of the Mario and Luigi games went without saying.

BiS is still one of the best.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

chumbler posted:

I don't like how even in the Paper Mario/Mario rpg series that humanizes and fleshes out many Mario enemies, the shyguys are apparently all still dicks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQFBYSr-cPI

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

...you get new attacks in Color Splash, though?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

How did this guy completely miss out on the Polygon Doom scandal?

He's acting SO surprised about all of this. "What? I posted video of an un-released game being played badly and people are upset? HUUUUH?"

Like if you're a "games journalist" maybe pay attention to things that happen in games journalism??

I haven't read the rest of your insane diatribe but the dude isn't even a game journalist. He's an analyst.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I don't use summons but I think it would be cool if more traditionally hard games could have a mechanic like that.

Imagine summoning proto man in a Mega Man game or something like that.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I'm cautiously optimistic about Samus Returns because I played Mirror of Fate.

Though tbh I hate that one the least of all 3 Lords of Shadow games.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Baby Ridley for Mario Kart 9.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Stexils posted:

can someone recommend me some marxist video games? ive decided to broaden my politcal horizons, the gamer way

Kirby Super Star

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

btw MercurySteam wanted to remake Fusion instead of Metroid 2 until Sakamoto said otherwise

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/09/10/metroid-ii-wasnt-mercurysteams-first-choice-remake-metroid-games/

*This isn't meant to be a slam against either I just thought it was interesting.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

oddium posted:

fusion is my favorite metroid by far

It has a lot of really cool atmospheric stuff going on that I don't think it gets nearly enough credit for.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Macarius Wrench posted:

Instead of arguing over the best metroid game can we please agree as a collective that prime 3 was the worst in the series?

That's not even the worst Metroid game on the Wii.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Mario XCOM should not be as good as it is but it's cool that it is.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

by the transitive property, all games are anime

that's how that works, right?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I've got my steam backlog down to like 20 games and as it turns out I really really like Alien Isolation.

haveblue posted:

Hey it's that dog whistle

Holy poo poo.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Motto posted:

Did lurdiak leave or something

I saw he had a bunny in his house or something via Pet Island when I was looking for cute animal pictures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I know nothing about Destiny and thought you were talking about unlocking graphics options.

Two more runs on this raid and I can unlock 4K, guys!

• Locked thread