Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
revali, revali, whats in the pocketali

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I DONT LIK

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

e breath of the wild

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Do you like Twilight Princess?

i hadnt really played it but i needed something else to play on this wii u so i am doing so now

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

Nintendo games ftw

breath of the wild ftl

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

in zelda games if you're low on health it's more likely for hearts to drop from stuff

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

if you buy before the storm you're anti-union

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

just more proof that botw isn't good :(

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

marry self

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

is there a wabowser somewhere

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

is there an rt somewhere

wart is actually an evil version of sid meier's railroad tycoon. strange but true

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

it was less about that in the long run and more about how the economy and mechanics of upgrading / acquiring Light levels / etc were changed in the first few months, it was kind of insane. But yeah 5 strikes is laughable and I'm willing to bet the 40 or so other "activities" are just tedious busywork collecting spindles and rocks

the thing about raids (or strikes. whatever) is they're actually pretty hard to make if you're gonna put the effort in, and the big MMOs don't add them that often either (ff14 is sort of an exception but all its raids are corridors). but people are conditioned to expect a shitton because all the major mmos out have been here so long that they have a bunch of them.

when wow was new it had, what, one raid? but that was over a decade ago lol

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

the smart pistol was hilarious

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

in the end we really were the super mario brothers

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Good choice

Corn in the bible better get his rear end in here and post one of the videos he recorded of that game so there's more to go off of than just the lovely GIS screenshots

loving fine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv1VLaYUxyQ

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Wasps are just bees doing false flag ops. It's a fact, and I know stuff about bees.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

my favorite part is when Prompto reveals a big huge secret about himself that has zero repurcussions and zero influence on anything to the point where the other 3 characters are even like "who gives a gently caress" and move on after 30 seconds. I genuinely liked a lot of FF15 but holy poo poo they made a mad dash for the finish after chapter 8

Also he only learned it like a day before, so you'd think HE would care more about it than he does

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

so i'm playing mario 3d world and i don't think it's very good. cat mario is overpowered to the point where using him makes most platforming challenges piss easy, and yet you can't just not use cat suit because there's specific poo poo you need it for (raising platforms, etc). it's the same bad design choice from 3d land, where it was all raccoon all the time or you can't do some of the flag challenges. it's bad

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

paper mario color splash sucks :(

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Parakarry is real and strong and my friend

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

vermin posted:

In one of the Mario RPGs does a Koopa or Goomba ever say something like "Back in the war I would've killed you" or "you jumped on my best friend"

Is the Count from Sesame Street a vampire? Does he kill people and drink their blood?

No, but it's also implied that all that stuff happened in some other location. I guess the koopas in whateveristan don't really have a reason to care about Bowser, cause he's not the king there

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

raditts posted:

actually it is very good, but since you said the same about Mario 3D World there's probably just no pleasing you

I like Paper Mario and TTYD

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

that's a funny joke but i don't remember people literally being made of paper in the old games. now it's all they talk about

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

also this may be the worst combat i've ever seen in a jrpg like goddamn

and if you're going to make combat have basically no reward while destroying your resources, maybe just... don't put so much in! it's ok to not have a ton of combat!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

chumbler posted:

Not that they're hard at all, but Paper Mario does seem like the type of series that would benefit from a more or less autoplay mode in battles.

color splash is even worse in that regard because you use up cards to attack, and you often get nothing back when you win. so you use up resources to do something which isn't fun and doesn't even make your character stronger. even the fabled Timed Hits are bad in it because there's only three kinds and they're all mindlessly easy, yet also necessary to win every fight

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

dogsicle posted:

the game is always feeding you a stream of better cards (or resources to buy cards) to replace the ones you use, but that doesn't change the basic mechanics of the combat. it's essentially the same core that botw used to justify durability, just that game obviously has more complexity in how you can use resources in combat.

yeah, and durability is bad in botw too. if the only defense of your game's mechanics is that they don't matter, maybe don't include them?

if the only benefit of fighting enemies is to be able to continue fighting the same enemies, and nothing else changes, what's the point?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i feel like nintendo has forgotten that you have to actually change things up at some point, whether by adding new tools or at letting the player feel more powerful. if the game is exactly the same at the beginning of your game as it will be at the end, why bother?

in BOTW at least later enemies also have tougher patterns and stuff, which means there's a progression in that sense. in a normal rpg you get new skills and spells, and maybe some neat utility stuff you can play around with. in a crappy, basic rpg you at least get to see the numbers go higher and the animations get flashier. but color splash is even more basic an experience, so you don't even get that. do the hammer minigame, over and over, forever.

the dialog and setpieces are cool. maybe they should have made it a straight action adventure like SPM was

e: actually, yeah, why didn't they just do super paper mario again? that's a better fit for the kind of game they seem to want to make

corn in the bible fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Sep 9, 2017

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

splatoon is multiplayer and you get to beat your friends or enemies, your PROGRESS is that you get better and win more cause you're good

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

ganon reveals he can only be killed by the sword you started with and then laughs and laughs and laughs

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Lizard Wizard posted:

For some reason, there is a nail with an acorn on it in my kitchen.

The squirrels have declared war on u

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Dragonatrix posted:

That is clearly WoR and even uses mechanics that aren't even in GH3. :colbert:

Also do people really still actually care about Guitar Hero/Rock Band, like at all? I haven't heard basically anything about 'em at all from like anyone anywhere in almost a decade. Genuinely curious there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIGYlQdKwtk

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

the only good telltale game is law and order legacies

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Unfunny Poster posted:

Should I get TLG? I heard it was "meh" but I really liked Shadow of the Colossus.

its like ico, not like sotc. so i guess the answer is no unless you also really liked ico

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

is it ok to say if someone used a racial slur they should kill themself

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

In Training posted:

I use them all the time because I'm a racist lol

i had no idea pewdiepie was here

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i

what

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

homeless snail posted:

if you don't speak the bad word loudly and clearly into this microphone then 69 people will get run over by a train, what do you do

WHAT RACE ARE THE PEOPLE I NEED TO KNOW

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Motto posted:

I like when Mario jump on the turtle

how come mario never fights humans or toads, fuckin racist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004