Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
our game is different. rather than randomly generated levels, it uses unique mechanics where it constructs levels out of randomly selected chunks, like 20xx but nothing like 20xx becuase it's new and revolutionary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i have hope metroid will be better than lords of shadow

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka posted:

That's the Japanese release date don't get people's hopes up.

i can't wait to dodge spoilers from people who played the game in japanese for several years while i wait to play csii and crossbell

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
bioshock 1 is ok but it's pretty much impossible for me to replay it because the combat feels so bad

none of the guns have any impact at all and it doesn't even have system shock 2's justification of being more of an rpg because the way it's presented is just as a regular fps

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
no more heroes 1 ps3 looks kind of ugly and doesn't seem to fix any of the issues of the wii version but i've also never heard of any major issues with it

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

boy are my arms tired posted:

i played sonic mania last night

it was extremely good and the stages / bosses are choice

also lol cuphead is coming out this month, until it doesn't and gets delayed again

i'm sad that game's development seems to have been pretty majorly hosed up by ms making them put in what will probably be really crappy levels instead of just making an oddly stylized boss rush game

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Help Im Alive posted:

They're bringing Dead Rising 4 to PS4 am I right in remembering it was bad

i've seen less positivity on it than i saw for dr3

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka posted:

Also the real ending is DLC.

can we get a rerelease of asura's wrath instead

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Help Im Alive posted:

Maybe I'll just buy Dead Rising 1 the next time I see it on sale (I only played 2)

e: oh it's on sale now

yeah dr1 is good

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

glam rock hamhock posted:

I'm sort of interested in DR4 but that's because a ton the things that made DR unique didn't really appeal to me

i mean by far the best part of dead rising was the psychopaths and they've just entirely gotten rid of those so i don't know why you'd bother at this point even if you didn't like the time limit, dead rising's core combat isn't good enough to carry an entire game without anything backing it up

like with dr4 i can't even hate it for changing that stuff as much as i just can't imagine how loving boring the game must be without it

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Sep 1, 2017

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
today i'm going to finish the second-to-last chapter in trails of cold steel and eat pizza

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TftUoKFNKcg

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
tfw you join sa in 2013 cause retsupurae made you laugh

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
:regd13:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Real hurthling! posted:

IT, how was the ys8 music? The track in the demo felt subpar

people who've played the full game have said good stuff about the music

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtkBqD5_u3U

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiS4zI0fzrA&t=189s

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
have you played silent hill 2

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
transformers isn't really worth replaying tbh. it's a decent enough action game and the highlights towards the end are pretty cool but even with how short it was, i just couldn't replay it. the mechanics are too cluttered and weird and it messes up a lot of what makes the core gameplay satisfying, and a lot of bosses in the first half are just suckier versions of bosses from the later half

now that bayonetta's on steam i'd only even really recommend people to pick up transformers if they find it on sale for like five bucks

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka posted:

I'd be amazed if anyone didn't get In Water first time through

i got Leave

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

For like ten minutes on the PC version before I gave up because the controls were so bad.

silent hill 2 is rarely ever even remotely hard outside of the puzzles because that is just entirely not the point of the game

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka posted:

Did you use a guide?

only when i got stuck on puzzles

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it definitely looks like a game where the levels were a complete afterthought and it would be much better without them

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

homeless snail posted:

I feel bad for the cuphead guys, cause they ended up delaying their game by two years, remortgaged their houses, and totally compromised the design of their game because dummies had a negative reaction when they revealed it was a boss rush thing

if they had just released it 2 years ago it would have been good + they wouldn't have ruined their lives

yeah it's rear end

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

homeless snail posted:

there was also the story about the phantom dust sequel where it started out as a super low budget multiplayer only game and some MS dude got on a podcast and talked a lot of poo poo about how it was gonna have a 40 hour JRPG story mode and unilaterally changed the scope of the project without increasing the budget

it feels like it was just yesterday that scalebound was announced, showed a really weird gameplay demo that was an unplayable mash of five different games and then got canned, nearly killing platinum if nier hadn't been insanely popular

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

DLC Inc posted:

the sidescroller levels in Cuphead look beyond tedious and brainless and they're going to drag this game way down. That first levels were literally just "copy+paste these enemies into a stage everywhere" with nothing else going on

tbh the bosses don't actually look a lot better. they don't look as tedious but actually watching them being fought it looks like all of the time spent on the sidescroller levels could and should have been spent on spicing up their attack patterns to make them a bit less repetitive cause there are times where they're fighting a single phase of a boss for like 20 seconds and it's just sort of doing the exact same attack pattern over and over again.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bq9a0h66ek

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Fargin Icehole posted:

Not sure why people are griping about enemies being thrown at your in cuphead. That always happens in contra games

contra has level design

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i wish i'd bought dead cells instead of 20xx to begin with cause this game kicks way more rear end. turns out a roguelite works infinitely better when it's not relying on the structure of a game that needs, uh, level design

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Zaphod42 posted:

what is this from?

https://files.catbox.moe/2dd7f6.mp4

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
tit meier's pirates

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Zaphod42 posted:

Thing is there's very few dragonball games, there's a poo poo ton of dragonball z games and Launch had virtually no role in DBZ whatsoever.

that did not stop them from putting arale and android 8 in one of the games

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
sol is a fan of Queen

quote:

Sol has created and wielded several blades(one of which looks almost identical to his Fireseal Sword save for the hilt) aside from the Fireseal Sword, including an axe and scythe. He also created a portable phonograph so that he can listen to Queen albums.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm glad i got impatient and bought dead cells because this game is loving sick

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

homeless snail posted:

this is the one starring jason alexander, right