Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Man, playing through Bioshock I'm reminded once again what a tremendously disappointing way the twist is executed.

It turns out all the gamey poo poo like fetch quests and other menial tasks you've been doing have been secret coded orders given to you via a key phrase and hypnosis, the key phrase being "would you rather?" The first time I played the game, I did not know of any twist, though I guess I could see it coming because I've played System Shock 2 and Bioshock is bizarrely similar, but when it happened...well, the way it could and should have happened would have been letting the player realize it for him/herself. Imagine, maybe the dude just says, "Would you rather?" and let's it hang, and then it dawns on you, and wowie what a twist! Instead, you literally fall into a room where it's literally written out for you all over the walls with accompanying pictures so you can't not get it, you stupid, stupid gamer and just in case you're a complete moron he goes on to describe it to you in an overly long monologue about how, in case you didn't get it, you've been a pawn, did you get it, you're a puppet, by the way it's a key phrase and you don't have any free will, get it? It's an illusion, get it? DO YOU GET IT ISN'T THIS A NEAT TWIST tell your friends

VVVV What did I say? Oh. Right. Hey, speaking of that, I just saw a movie called "Would You Rather?" and it was a real trainwreck.

credburn fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Sep 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
IN20R-V2J7R-V0C9R

Outlast for Steam. It's free on the Humble Bundle store. Turns out I had it (but not its DLC, which is also free on the store, but this key is just for the game)

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Hey, I want to play couch coop with my girlfriend on something dumb. I hear the console version of Diablo 3 is inferior to the PC, but does the PC version allow same-screen couch coop? Furthermore, since the game isn't on Steam, does anyone know if it's tricky to get it to work with the Steam Link? I've had good experience with most non-Steam games but Blizzard is its own thing...

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

exquisite tea posted:

You can't do splitscreen D3 on PC but there's nothing wrong with the console versions of the game.

Wasn't there some business about the console having wildly generous loot tables? I seem to recall that as a complaint, that in the PC version a rare item felt rare whereas in the console everything drops rares. I don't know, this is all stuff from a long time ago, so...

I have no problem just playing it on the PS4. I just want to play the best version.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

GUI posted:

I tried Satellite Reign for 30 minutes and it's pretty lame, how can the supposed spiritual sequel to Syndicate 1993 have worse death animations and sound design? Guns in that game sounded like death machines and enemies would drop dead in a pool of their own blood. Guns in Satellite Reign sound like pop guns and enemies kind of lifelessly rag doll to the ground, and that's ignoring how they're all bullet sponges.

My girlfriend started a sort of book club for gamers thing a year or two back and that was one of the games we did. We forced ourselves to play as much of it as possible. I want to love that game, but... it was unendurable.

• Locked thread