Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
I hope Destiny 2 is (or at least becomes) better than the first one. I jumped into 1 when the Rise of Iron expansion dropped and it still felt absolutely devoid of any content, the gunplay was naff too.
Apparently Shaders are one-time consumables now and that really blows because those were my fav part of 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

Really Pants posted:

this sort of unpleasantness could be avoided, if we could all just agree to not pay attention to games journalism

This cursed hobby became a lot easier for me when I trimmed my news subs to accounts that clinically compose lists of game announcements. The only stuff that matters to me is "when can i play this game?" and "what can i look forward to?". It's very pure.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Summoning makes Dark Souls absolutely trivial, to the point where I don't understand why you'd ever do it if you actually enjoy the gameplay of the series. I don't think the dev's opinions have anything to do with it.

I know what you mean. When my pal told me he blasted through each of the Dark Souls games for the first time, I was really excited to hear what he thought of the whole experience. Turns out he "stood in the back while my summons blasted the bosses with overpowered magic because I couldn't be bothered to fight". It's hard not to be a little bit disappointed after hearing that, especially since I love those games and how the combat feels.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Holy poo poo Vermintide is so good. I jumped into it with some pals because we've exhausted Left 4 Dead 2, and I think it's better in some ways. The characters all hate each other, and give supporting comments with a hint of shade during intense fights :allears:

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
That sucks on a fat load, man. I'm sure you'll get your money back if you hassle them enough, just keep your transaction history handy.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
I only played Ys Origin but the story was good

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Good to hear that Love at First Sight is worth a genuine look. I was always put off by the games that artist produces because he does some really hosed up stuff and I have a hard time imagining myself engaging in a romance VN without thinking back to his body horror art.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

FirstAidKite posted:

Do what now?

Love at First Sight is the first game they've made, it seems like it was made in 2012. What else have they done?

Idk their entire portfolio but the artist worked on one called Teaching Feeling and that one makes me uncomfortable to say the least. It's a smut game though so I can only blame myself for looking at it.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
I'm so thankful for the modern FFIX port and its fast-forward feature. I've replayed this wonderful game so many times but never bothered to do a bunch of the optional stuff because it's normally a timesink I'm not willing to invest in one go, but I was able to "100%" the game in no time (or 15 hours to be exact). It's my fav FF game and being able to strike All BLU MAG, 101 frogs and Excalibur II off my bucketlist is massively feelgood.
Fastforwarding affects only gameplay, so ingame timers during minigames and such remain in normal speed. This would probably have topped out at 30 hours otherwise. Blessed.

FauxLeather fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Sep 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
I got the impression from what little I saw of Cuphead pre-release that it was just a mediocre platformer game that uses cruel difficulty as a crutch.
I'm glad I was dead wrong because I just finished it and it was good as hell in every aspect.

• Locked thread