Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up
September is for lovers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Did this rabbidt agree to be foreverially tied up?

e: I just realized he has a chocolate egg as a ball-gag :wtf:

vermin fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Sep 1, 2017

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

I keep reading the thread title as Septembryo

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

quote:

I hope I get to see your beautiful face again. My magic is powered by your love.

Springle, that is inappropriate language.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Greetings and salutations!
:yosbutt:
I'm Mister Grimthor, the investment goblin. We whispered your request into the ear of Qualifico the Wise Dragon
who oversees the Bottomless Cavern of Credit. He flew down, down, down, deep into the pit and returned with an answer!

Your Best Buy credit card limit increase was denied!

Well gosh darn that mean ol' dragon! But rules are rules! They say if you make your payments on time and get your balance
below 30% of the total limit a good credit witch will grant you a wish!

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Havin' fun with Nuclear Throne

Thanks for the rec, chat thread :thumbsup:

I choose to believe FTL takes place in the same universe

vermin fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Sep 2, 2017

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Sounds like fantasy SOMA with mythological symbolism, mental health themes replacing human identity themes, and the wonky stealth replaced with wonky combat.

:corsair: back in my day game puzzles were so hard you had to spend days with a notebook figuring it out, and that's how we liked it

vermin fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Sep 3, 2017

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhWul0562YY

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Palpek posted:

I decided to give Starcraft 2's singleplayer campaign a go as I bought the game ages ago, never launched it and recently I had a bit of a craving for an RTS game. drat, I heard it was bad story-wise but I though it's like Starcraft 1 bad as in "unremarkable". No, this is extremely bad even for Blizzard, the dialogues are physically painful to listen to, it's horrific, at this point I'm just skipping everything and only focusing on gameplay but even then there's some story from time to time and it's actually getting worse :stonk:.

I know your pain, brother

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Best pants for gaming?

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Any Nuclear Throne tips? I can't get past the scrapyard.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Has anybody heard of this?

Apparently it's like some kind of hyper-realistic pirate simulation. Like Red Orchestra 2 but with pirates.

vermin fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Sep 5, 2017

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Raxivace posted:

Man waking up with a bad headache loving sucks.

I read this as an article headline. What did the author have against the man with the headache?

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

To answer my own question from pages ago re:Nuclear Throne tips

-Take it slow, you'll be tempted to run in guns blazing a lot but suppress the urge
-Keep a weapon that uses bullets since they have the highest amount of ammo you can carry
-Pick mutations wisely, but look out for the ones that restore health or ammo through kills or reduces enemy health
-Be Crystal
-Pick 'em off from the side as much as you can without running into open terrain
-If you spawn out in the open, run for cover
-The enemy's less interested in following you than they are wandering about and firing in your general direction
-The more common troops take their sweet time aiming at you

I've only made it to Big Dog so far

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Can anybody sum up Destiny's story for me?

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJPLnuYNA6A

vermin fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Sep 6, 2017

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

What's the prevailing opinion on birds?

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

psychoJ posted:

this dumbass bee just killed itself

It could be a wasp that's being ironic

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Grapplejack posted:

"So, do you gently caress young boys Valdez" is maybe the greatest line in video games history.

He tosses it off so casually and Valdez loses his poo poo.

"Listen man, I just kiss corpses sometimes. It's not weird or anything."

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

All these controllers would've come in handy when I was trying to make a sick Star Trek ship design joke in a different thread

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Regy Rusty posted:

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

That's why I chose not to become a game reviewer/critic, because I know deep down I have terrible opinions and bad taste

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

StoryTime posted:

Football Manager is legit good game if you're into that kind of thing. Warframe was kinda fun when I tried it, but I'm more into arena style multiplayer shooters. Paladins is my current go to.

Would playing Football Manager 2017 help me understand how football works? It'd probably be one of the few games my dad could pick up and kick my rear end at.

I just want to be normal and like sports like the regular kids :(

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Lizard Wizard posted:

Actually, I recently learned that he just shares a name with someone who got convicted.

There's that one guy Geoffrey Dahmer who couldn't get hired in the 90's and didn't know why. His neighbor Theo Bundy couldn't explain it either.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

In one of the Mario RPGs does a Koopa or Goomba ever say something like "Back in the war I would've killed you" or "you jumped on my best friend"

Is the Count from Sesame Street a vampire? Does he kill people and drink their blood?

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

I read Shy Guy's part in the voice of a somber Japanese man :qq:

Help Im Alive posted:

I think there's a hammer bro in the Thousand Year Door wrestling chapter who talks about his grandfather fighting in 8-1 or something

corn in the bible posted:

No, but it's also implied that all that stuff happened in some other location. I guess the koopas in whateveristan don't really have a reason to care about Bowser, cause he's not the king there

homeless snail posted:

when I was a kid I really liked the idea of monstro town in mario rpg, you go in a house and its just a thwomp and a piranha plant drinking coffee

Awesome, thanks

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Sakurazuka posted:

Please no one die to hurricanes or fires even if I've called you an idiot in the past.

Don't worry I'm sure we've got this...

...oh there's another one :ohdear:

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Endorph posted:

dont you have a rally in charlottesville to be getting to

:yikes:

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

I'm gonna walk away from the screen for a few pages and save a lot of time and energy.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

400+ posts?! I ain't readin' that poo poo.

Something big must've happened. Or something pointless and stupid must've happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

codenameFANGIO posted:

Do not read the 400 posts. Talk about a video game you are playing, instead.

I'm trying to get the hang of Domina, but I run out of money and/or gladiators. It doesn't help that there's a time limit so I feel like I have to start over instead of pointlessly grinding towards a cliff.

• Locked thread