Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I dont have any marijuana left and the birds away all weekend so I'm going to gaze longingly at a pile of games then get drunk on red wine, full on meat feast pizza and rowdy on rocket league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
BioShock was s good game, not an excellent one and not one that lived up to its potential but the savage goon backlash over it is 100% :allears:

Although to be fair most of the criticism was for infinite which was convoluted, pretentious and had special magic powers which I've almost totally forgotten about.

Macarius Wrench fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Sep 1, 2017

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Counterpoint - i dont think ive used a better videogame crossbow than the BioShock one.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I dropped out of playing DA:I about six or seven hours in to start Witcher 3. I feel like I made a good decision, and I still haven't done Hearts of Stone or Blood and Wine yet

:same:

except it was 6 or 7 minutes

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I only own 2 games still in their shrink-wrap, Alpha Protocol on the 360 which will probably remain untouched because I don't currently have a working 360 and some disney tie-in game on ps2 that my dad bought just before he died :(

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I'm gonna end up buying destiny just because I haven't been caught up in launch day hope for a VIDEOGAMES since last year.

Also I love how my phone auto corrects VIDEOGAMES to all caps.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

This seems like a relatively obscure Knack reference but I approve

Bet you don't even buy knack 2.

Faker.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Nier A was great despite the massive goon hype, Horizon was great, I'm 12 chapters into Yakuza Zero and its such a rarity being a game with a sense of humour. Loving it so far.

Persona 5 is a special game but I might not finish it this year. PubG is a fantastic game concept but I have to force myself to play it most of the time. Crash Bandicoot is almost too much of what I wanted and feels so familiar that I kinda petered out on it.

Destiny 2 will be fun, monster hunter is gonna give me the feels. Oh and of course we still have rocket league.

VIDEOGAMES doing good yo.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

chumbler posted:

Isn't MHW next year?

Aw gently caress :(

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I dont like calling games garbage because it's aggressive and not very critical but life is strange is complete garbage, it's the video game equivalent of pretty little liars.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Where we're going we don't need roads.......cuz we're too busy smashing the ball into the goals yaaaaaaaaaaas

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I thought goons were sensible, turns out they love memes more than reddit.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Can you really be called a game developer from making one mediocre walking simulator?

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Destiny 2 is a cool game yo can't wait to shoot some aliens tonight.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Instead of arguing over the best metroid game can we please agree as a collective that prime 3 was the worst in the series?

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Metroid Prime Hunters was pretty bad

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Sakurazuka posted:

Well gently caress I just got scammed because someone got into my MS account despite having 2FA on and bought £85 worth of Madden poo poo because I was dumb enough to still have my PayPal attached.

thats pretty poo poo, is there any recourse for getting it back?

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I saw Chumbawumba at a rural music festival in southern Scotland named Knochengorroch around 2008-2009. They refused to play tub thumping apart from 5 seconds of the chorus in the middle of another song. Fair enough since they as re probably sick of that song but they didn't even play Amnesia either.

gently caress Chumbawumba.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Samuringa posted:

It's here!

...now it's time to update everything

Enjoy all the fun you will soon be having :gizz:

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Okami made you sit through 15 minutes of unskippable cut scene before doing anything else and that is a massive no no.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

FirstAidKite posted:

What are rpgs with good depictions of gay characters? Good in this case being defined as "not gay panic oh-no-what-if-I'm-gay" poo poo and also the gayness not being the source of antagonism with a character.

Final Fantasy 7

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Edmond Dantes posted:

Do you guys ever go "Man, I really want to play some videogames!" go to your pc/console, sit down, look at your backlog, see games you really want to play but then just... don't? And then end up booting up something you've played zillions of hours of?

I'm not sure how to explain it, it's like if properly playing a game was too 'involved', and I end up playing stuff which is more... brainless? Like I can just shut my brain and go through the motions of playing a game.

How do you get out of that rut?

Uninstall rocket league for a bit

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Got back from work, went for a run, did the housework, cooked dinner and now I've sat down to a 7gig patch just to play some golf

pro tip, pop your disc in before your mundane chores

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I bought everybodys golf on Friday but apart from a solid half hours entertainment on the character creator it was jostled to the side by Diablo and destiny for most of the weekend

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Dark Souls games are great but I don't really like playing them blind or even attempting bosses without summons.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I'm certainly not buying ZoE for the 3rd time but I hope it's an enjoyable experience without it being the gaiden to a metal gear solid demo.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

al-azad posted:

I bought ZoE for the MGS2 demo but it's the best non-simulation mech game. It's like playing an anime.

Also loved the screaming when you punch a mech into a skyscraper. And the damage stayed for future battles.

Also what happened to Metal Gear Fortnite?

What's the best sim mech game? Presume it's one of the armored core games which I've never played. Asking for a friend.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Just delete it within 24 hours brah!

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Videogames you change your avatar so much that I'm convinced you are a flood like hive mind

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Phantasium posted:

You ever literally thrown a game in the trash?

The only piece of physical media I've ever thrown out is a dvd copy of the movie house of 1000 corpses because that film is loving gash.

And also a dvd of vampire hunter d although not technically thrown out crops up my wonky fridge.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I stopped smoking weed recently and I was anticipating having trouble sleeping but if anything the quality of sleep has went up and I feel great :shrug:

Then again I have also started running twice a week and drinking only water during the week so :yeah:

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Man I am so glad you said that because I have had some hosed up dreams the past few nights.

One I was on a train in Africa and when we got onto the platform to transfer to our next train a pride of lions was unleashed which started maulling passengers. I escaped and enquired about my lost luggage and was led on a 15 minute goose chase around the station before being left alone in a bathroom.

Then last night I dreamt some terrorists broke into my folks house, shot my dad dead, spared my mum and then set off a bomb in my old bedroom.

Post weed dreams are hosed up.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
All this weed talk is making me want to smoke weed and I just got a text from a friend saying he's got some soapbar and I just can't be assed.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I bought a vaporizer but it made smoking weed less enjoyable :shrug:

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I don't think I've ever felt alcohol was an improvement to the videogaming experience

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I bought Prey.

Guess I'll never start Dishonored 2

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Weed delivery guy?

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I've finished Yakuza Zero, should i continue with persona 5? finally start dishonored 2? get my light level up in destiny? finally touch that copy of No Mans Sky I got for free?

Nah I'll just re-buy Final Fantasy 9

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

DLC Inc posted:

losing the Platinum guys (Mikami, Kamiya) definitely was a factor

play dishonored 2 as it's the fastest of all those, and sell NMS for Dishonored Death of the Outsider

I'm an idiot and I refuse to sell video-games even if it's likely I'll never play them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Why are ff7 and 9 now on ps4 but not :colbert:

• Locked thread