Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Phantasium posted:

Oh. Yeah. Duh.

But at least there's also ways to replenish it with items in the environment so you end up not doing it as much as you'd think.

The DS3 had motion sensors* so waggle would still be an option (don't know for sure if it was, played the wii version).

*Excuse me, ~sixaxis~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

DLC Inc posted:

I spoiled myself on the number of strikes/missions that will be available at launch, so my response to you is "wait an entire year" because ho boy only diehard stockholm syndrome fans will be satisfied with those numbers

D2 will have more categories of activity than D1 and the number floating around for total unique activities in the game is way higher than that leak.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

LawfulWaffle posted:

I require more deets. I have enough Amazon points to buy it for nearly nothing but if it's like D1's launch then waiting for the expansion would be the way to go. I'm hoping that Bungie learned for their mistakes, but I know that's a little naive.

The actual numbers:

Campaign missions: 17

Strikes: 5, plus 1 PS4-exclusive

Total activities: "over 80"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Dawn is breaking.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I didn't play Nioh so until I looked that up on youtube with sound I never realized it was the man saying that and not the cat itself

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FirstAidKite posted:

I don't mind the springle thing because, near as I can tell, that is a rejection letter for a partner position which is just a special kind of account thing and isn't an occupation or paid position or anything along those lines.

Though messing it up as "without further adieu" instead of "ado" is :laffo:

It's regarding a business relationship and should be written by an adult for an adult.

Phantasium posted:

TINGLE ASKED YOU NOT TO STEAL THEM, WHAT A CROOK

I hope someone reports it to Nintendo as a copyright violation.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
:getin:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

almost every example listed in that thread sucks, it's basically just gamedevs half-understanding that comebacks aren't fun or interesting if they're freebies but not actually getting the whole way there

They work fine if the player isn't aware of them which is the whole point.

It's in the thread, but I was going to mention the Silent Hill 2 endings. They aren't based on specific decisions you make, but patterns in your playing that the game takes as indications of the main character's mindset. Neglect healing and spend too much time examining the knife in your inventory? At the end he commits suicide. Imprint on the wife surrogate character and spend excess time with her? They end up together.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Buy a PSVR and play RE7 and Until Dawn: Rush of Blood.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
*gif of Ralph Wiggum crying and pressing NO, except button is labeled KILL*

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

oddium posted:

they call it launch day because it's the day i launch destiny into the rubbish bin where it belongs

Well yeah you won't need it once destiny 2 is out

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Whoever said they wanted new horror games and hadn't played RE7 yet, they just announced a GOTY edition in December.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-09-05-resident-evil-7-gold-edition-announced

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ostentatious posted:

critics are raving about knack 2

it is "...kinda fun" by polygon

it is "pretty decent" by kotaku

it is "okay" by gamespot

get urs today

"But at other moments, Knack 2 invokes memories of a heroic past that simply does not exist. This is a trivial example, and it may have grown more vivid in my mind, but some way into this adventure Stealth Knack is reintroduced. Stealth Knack can absorb crystals and slip through laser grids, feats which, given the nature of video games in 2017, are really no big deal. But in-game it struck me that Stealth Knack was welcomed back with just a touch too much fanfare. Squint and you could perhaps be forgiven for thinking that he was the stuff of ballads, of warmly-invoked memes and spin-off cereal brands. Stealth Knack, you might even decide, if you really let yourself go, is all that's been missing from our lives for the last few years - years which can now be safely forgotten because Stealth Knack has finally returned to us."

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I do appreciate Eurogamer using "return of the knack" as their snarky subhead though

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

vermin posted:

Can anybody sum up Destiny's story for me?

A bunch of zombies ran around shooting aliens and taking their stuff.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That's one final fantasied space marine

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
What are birds? We just don't know.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You can fake amiibos with NFC hacking tools but that's an awfully long way to go just to cheat at a single player game.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
> Y

DON'T GIVE ME THAT poo poo YOU KNEW LA NOIRE WAS BACK ALL ALONG rear end in a top hat

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Unfunny Poster posted:

Given the "Adpocalypse" happened sort of because of PewDiePie (I don't know if it did or didn't but some folks are claiming it did)

The adpocalypse happened because Disney sponsored Pewdiepie, Youtube was proud of having a popular star/mascot on their platform, then someone pointed out to both of them that he's actually a huge shitbird. Disney cut their ties to him and Youtube went one step further by implementing new tools in their ad services to allow ad buyers to exert more control over what sort of videos their ads get played in front of. This resulted in a lot of advertisers opting out of the edgier classifications favored by huge shitbirds and thus the revenue for those videos plummeting. It's sheer coincidence that a lot of gaming-oriented personalities are huge shitbirds.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Saint Freak posted:

My favorite Metroid is Guacamelee with a skin that turns the character into Samus.

Same except Bayonetta

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

I didn't say they did it competently.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm going to set off a bomb somewhere in new york if you don't go down to the nintendo world store and stand around wearing a sandwich board reading "I HATE GAMERS"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Now I ain't saying she's a gold farmer
But she ain't messing with no broke gamer

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Grapplejack posted:

Is video games the worst hobby?

It's a great hobby but an awful lifestyle

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Hey it's that dog whistle

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Those 3 included are a great bundle, how much more does that cost than a bare console?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They should port it to switch and release some okamiibos

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Taintrunner posted:

Imagine 100 Solidius Snakes in the back of an Arsenal Gear

...time works the same way?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Taintrunner posted:

It looks so bad and cements the fact that VR is the future in this stupid slapfight.

VR for entertainment, AR for everything else.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Taintrunner posted:

Hold on let me spin around in a circle holding my phone up to my face so I can check baseball stats I am an extremely normal person

Hold on let me shut off my vision and hearing anywhere that isn't inside my own house I'm sure this is perfectly sensible and safe

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Do you have to buy the PC a second seat

Where does the stadium make you put the sensors

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The guardian system isn't picking up the people in the seats on either side of me, and it tells me the walls are 400 feet away which is too much, help

(maybe you should google the MLB AR app)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Taintrunner posted:

It's fuckin' cool as hell and the sense of presence and free expression, especially in multiplayer experiences being able to do tactical hand gestures in something like Onward where you're quietly telling your buddy to go high while you go low to take out a pair of enemies, can't be beat by holding your phone in front of your head and seeing 3d models pasted on top of a physical environment.

Tell that to the millions upon millions of people playing Pokemon Go.

I don't think anyone disagrees that properly executed VR is really cool but claiming that AR is pointless and doomed is just objectively wrong. And again there's more to do with this kind of tech than just games.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

HoboNews posted:

whats everyone's favorite game where the gameplay is more than 50% boats?

assassin's creed 4 (if you're playing it right)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
A couple of NPCs in the Borderlands games are queer and you only find out if you catch the offhand reference to a same-sex partner while talking about something else.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The game with the best romance options remains Saints Row 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
What game is that

• Locked thread