Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot
no tracking code or anything. WTF? this is one of the better engineering universities in my country but they couldn't spring for courier post?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009
Did the mailman also fold it in half so he could shove it through the mail slot?

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
:Completely and utterly shocked:

Send it back with an angry letter saying you don't want their loving degree and they can shove it up their pompous asses. Maybe you should have went to the graduation ceremony?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

If your diploma was worth something, they'd have sent it certified. Sorry about your garbage worthless degree op.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
when you pay $200 for your degree you kinda expect theyll sent it certified

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

All IT workers reading this thread got confused until they realized it was snail mail

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
welcome to the forums

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
lol if you think your piece of paper means anything.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Killswitch posted:

Did the mailman also fold it in half so he could shove it through the mail slot?

He only does that for your mom's slot.

Please buy your mom a bigger mail box so her important mail doesn't keep getting bent. It bothers her.

She told me so after I banged her. Also I'm your dad.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Over There posted:

lol if you think your piece of paper means anything.
take it easy jaimie mantzel

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

gary oldmans diary posted:

take it easy jaimie mantzel

I'm just saying don't take a piece of paper so seriously. His education is still official without it. :eng101:

Unless he's like a doctor or something then yeah make sure you have that.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Who cares. I never even took my Masters degree diploma out of the package. It was however sent certified.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

All IT workers reading this thread got confused until they realized it was snail mail

What's a diploma?

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

you're not supposed to get a diploma from jr high op. you'll have to wait until you finish high school and grow hairs on your weiner and balls

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shove it in your rectum for a safe, legal high

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

Trauma Dog 3000 posted:

no tracking code or anything. WTF? this is one of the better engineering universities in my country but they couldn't spring for courier post?!?

Why would there be? The diploma has no actual weight for proving you graduated it is just something for yourself to hang on your wall. To actually prove you graduated one would do a verification with the NSC or by ordering an official transcript.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Neutrino posted:

Send it back with an angry letter saying you don't want their loving degree and they can shove it up their pompous asses. Maybe you should have went to the graduation ceremony?

It's "gone", should have gone

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Regardless of it being 'worth anything,' the OP put hard work into his education and cares about the symbol he purchased to represent that effort. Op's university did him a wrong. Good for you Op, congrats on your graduation. I'm sure you'll do great things.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
To really make it pop you should tell us what they charged you for graduating when all was said and done.

:discourse:

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Neutrino posted:

I don't think you understand how modern college works. They give you a placeholder piece of paper in a diploma cover that says "your diploma will be mailed to you in 2-3 weeks" in lieu of your actual certificate.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I got my diploma from the dean at graduation

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Labes for days posted:

I don't think you understand how modern college works. They give you a placeholder piece of paper in a diploma cover that says "your diploma will be mailed to you in 2-3 weeks" in lieu of your actual certificate.

To chime in, this is something administration does in the event you decide to something like walk up to the stage, drop trou and take a gigantic poo poo in front of the dean and faculty, then slip and fall pratfall-style in your own feces followed by a triumphant rise to your feet smeared in your own poo poo proclaiming "Now I'm ready for the real world!" to thunderous applause.

We are talking about a graduate degree here, right?

Tenacious J
Nov 20, 2002

A diploma eh? So that's two years? That's like only worth HALF of my history degree of course they mailed it to you, haha

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

ElectricSheep posted:

To chime in, this is something administration does in the event you decide to something like walk up to the stage, drop trou and take a gigantic poo poo in front of the dean and faculty, then slip and fall pratfall-style in your own feces followed by a triumphant rise to your feet smeared in your own poo poo proclaiming "Now I'm ready for the real world!" to thunderous applause.

It is actually because most universities allow people to walk at commencement who haven't technically been conferred a degree yet. Can't exactly give out a diploma for something you haven't technically earned yet. There is also the logistics of actually preparing all of that poo poo and when you have a thousand or more people walking gently caress that.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

ElectricSheep posted:

That's how it went at my Master's ceremony and I'm pretty sure it was like that at my undergrad one too. Though I don't think undergrad came in a cover, it was just rolled up and tied.

Dog Jones
Nov 4, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
What kind of loving diseased mind is driven to waste people's time with inane bullshit like this ? You think I give a gently caress of the type of mail you are recieiving OP ? 100% guaranteed this poster's mail order Liberty university degreee will just be a notecard that says "gently caress you dog poo poo poster"

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

Dog Jones posted:

What kind of loving diseased mind is driven to waste people's time with inane bullshit like this ? You think I give a gently caress of the type of mail you are recieiving OP ? 100% guaranteed this poster's mail order Liberty university degreee will just be a notecard that says "gently caress you dog poo poo poster"

Whoa!

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Raldikuk posted:

It is actually because most universities allow people to walk at commencement who haven't technically been conferred a degree yet. Can't exactly give out a diploma for something you haven't technically earned yet. There is also the logistics of actually preparing all of that poo poo and when you have a thousand or more people walking gently caress that.

Yeah, this is how it worked for my bachelors. We got a rolled up piece of paper saying the diploma would be sent on the mail. It came certified tho

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Trauma Dog 3000 posted:

who cares? you did it right? Got a degree? anyone who wants to know could ask your university.
besides no one wants to see it on your wall

ArchNemesis
Jun 27, 2007
College Slice
I get my toilet paper by mail order too, op

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ArchNemesis posted:

I get my toilet paper by mail order too, op

I get mine at the supermarket

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

I buy my tp where I work. I am pathetic.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neutrino posted:

i doubt he went to somewhere with a graduation ceremony

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

ElectricSheep posted:

i got my master's from a public uni so refusing to send my diploma for exercising my 1st amendment rights would make more than my cushy stem job :smug:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Dog Jones posted:

EXCUUUUSE ME, some of us find the postal service fascinating !

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Trauma Dog 3000 posted:

What kind of degree is it OP, is it a photoshop course or something

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

I got my ged laminated FYI. Was a proud day for me when I ordered a fake ged

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i agree, they should have taken more care. what if someone had stolen the package? they could run around pretending they had a degree in sucking cock.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
It's not a big deal op they have an electronic database of proctologists - the paper is just for show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

maskenfreiheit posted:

It's not a big deal op they have an electronic database of proctologists - the paper is just for show

that's not much of a burn:

• Locked thread