Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

AnacondaHL posted:

Browns actually have a decent rush D, but Alex Collins is on fire with his Irish stepdancing smash rushes.

Hogan is a good play.

Hogan out so there's that. Now it's between Tyler Lockett and Powell at Flex, since it doesn't look like Forte will be doing much today. Somehow Lockett's always been flukey with me, in a good way.

Luckily Hunt gave me a nice cushion last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Greg the Leg vs @SEA or Robbie Gould vs TEN?

Greg has been my man all year but there's no way the Niners don't kick five field goals today and beat the Titans anyway.

This decision has been eating away at my soul.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Tiptoes posted:

Greg has been my man all year but there's no way the Niners don't kick five field goals today and beat the Titans anyway.

The Seahawks game is the only one this week projected to have bad enough weather to knock down kickers a tier. Legatron will likely be declining to take 50+ yarders. Go for Gould this week.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Tiptoes posted:

I've actually been debating this exact scenario too. Gould feels like the play but it feels so wrong to bench The Leg and if I lose as a result of that swap I might just die.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Who should I start, Aaron Rodgers @ Panthers or Cam Newton vs Packers?

edit, gently caress it I'm goin Rodgers, welcome back motherfucker :getin:

Tzen fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Dec 17, 2017

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Gobias Ind. posted:

I've actually been debating this exact scenario too. Gould feels like the play but it feels so wrong to bench The Leg and if I lose as a result of that swap I might just die.
Right there with you. This might be the hardest decision I've had to make all year. I've gotten 17 from him in 5 of his last 7 games. But everything is telling me Gould here.

May the football gods have mercy on my soul...

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Tiptoes posted:

Right there with you. This might be the hardest decision I've had to make all year. I've gotten 17 from him in 5 of his last 7 games. But everything is telling me Gould here.

poo poo, I'll do it too. :sweatdrop::hf::sweatdrop:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Tiptoes posted:

Well, my team went off so I didn't end up needing it, but gently caress yeah Robbie Gould!

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Gobias Ind. posted:

Well, my team went off so I didn't end up needing it, but gently caress yeah Robbie Gould!

:same:
ESPN standard scoring, Gould with 24 points lmao kicker scoring is so dumb

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Ok, in my finals, but it's two weeks long. My two big questions are QB, RB2, and Flex

QB:
Smith vs. MIA
Bortles @ SF

Flex & RB2
Gore @ BAL
Javorious Allen vs. IND
Crowell @ CHI
P. Richardson @ DAL

Even though Bort had the better week last week, and plays a slightly worse team, I'm leaning Smith. Assuming Fournette comes back, I think Bortles will throw less, and Smith still had a pretty good week.

Leaning Allen because I think Baltimore will pull away from Indy early, and he'll get a lot of garbage time runs. Gore because Baltimore is not great against the run, and his floor is like 6 points, which is better than most of my other options. Chicago is pretty stingy against the run, so I don't trust Crowell. Debating about Richardson, but he is a gamble. Last options are I'm trying to pick up Martavious Bryant and Perine off waivers. If I get either of those, I think I plug them in over Allen.

Does my logic seem bad here? I've actually made the correct choices for the majority of the season, so I usually trust my gut.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Bird in a Blender posted:

Ok, in my finals, but it's two weeks long. My two big questions are QB, RB2, and Flex

QB:
Smith vs. MIA
Bortles @ SF

Flex & RB2
Gore @ BAL
Javorious Allen vs. IND
Crowell @ CHI
P. Richardson @ DAL

Even though Bort had the better week last week, and plays a slightly worse team, I'm leaning Smith. Assuming Fournette comes back, I think Bortles will throw less, and Smith still had a pretty good week.

Leaning Allen because I think Baltimore will pull away from Indy early, and he'll get a lot of garbage time runs. Gore because Baltimore is not great against the run, and his floor is like 6 points, which is better than most of my other options. Chicago is pretty stingy against the run, so I don't trust Crowell. Debating about Richardson, but he is a gamble. Last options are I'm trying to pick up Martavious Bryant and Perine off wtheaivers. If I get either of those, I think I plug them in over Allen.

Does my logic seem bad here? I've actually made the correct choices for the majority of the season, so I usually trust my gut.

You got the right idea. In a meaningless game I’m also going Smith over Bortles.

My turn, pick my D/ST:

JAX @ SF (proj. 9.9)
MIN @ GB (proj. 12.2)

My projection has me ahead by ten points. We all know - JAX is soundly-dominant. The two slight knocks against them are 1) they travel west to play an afternoon game and 2) Handsome James has made the SF offense a thing. I’m not scared off of rostering JAX and prefer not to act cute with a position that has been “set and forget”; I’m just wondering aloud if MIN playing (away) against Brett Hundley is some kind of obvious choice I need to reconsider.

My opponent has his pick between:

CAR vs TB (proj. 10.5)
LAC @ NYJ (proj. 11.2)

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

JAX is the safe pick, but I am starting MIN since my next best option is CHI. If you're ahead by ten, I'd say don't risk it and keep JAX as your starter.

Ok so Rodgers and Wentz died on me, so I'm torn between,

Foles vs. Oak
Keenum @GB
Bortles @ SF

10 team standard

Guts telling me to go Bortles because I feel like Foles will get benched if the Vikings win Saturday and Keenum got benched towards the end last week against Houston. Yell at me please.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Dec 20, 2017

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

My first year ever playing fantasy football and I’m in the championship game

Got a couple choices to make, 0 PPR:

WR
Thomas @ Was
Bryant @ Hou
Westbrook @ SF (Flex)

Kupp @ Ten
Hilton @ Bal
Cole @ SF

TE
Olsen v TB
Engram @ Ari

Basically wondering if Olsen stays legit and if my mix of WRs will amount to anything (I could also just flex Engram). I don’t have any bench RBs worth anything.

I’m starting Newton so I’m a little worried about throwing a TE with one good game in there if they blow it but the other team is a murderer’s row averaging 140 points a week to my 123 so I feel like I’ve got to gamble.

Liquid Banjo
Dec 23, 2009

full of mama's homemade pemmican

Handsome Ralph posted:

Ok so Rodgers and Wentz died on me, so I'm torn between,

Foles vs. Oak
Keenum @GB
Bortles @ SF

10 team standard

Guts telling me to go Bortles because I feel like Foles will get benched if the Vikings win Saturday and Keenum got benched towards the end last week against Houston. Yell at me please.

This is my exact problem too.

Someone in the other thread suggested that Foles wouldn't sit because he needs more playing time. Is that a general consensus?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Liquid Banjo posted:

This is my exact problem too.

Someone in the other thread suggested that Foles wouldn't sit because he needs more playing time. Is that a general consensus?

I dropped Foles and went ahead and picked up Bortles. If you're stuck with Foles, I think you'll be fine, but personally, I hate depending on a QB playing the last game of the week to bring me home.

I think if Fournette plays, I'll start Keenum but if not, Bortles will get the start.

Liquid Banjo
Dec 23, 2009

full of mama's homemade pemmican

Handsome Ralph posted:

I dropped Foles and went ahead and picked up Bortles. If you're stuck with Foles, I think you'll be fine, but personally, I hate depending on a QB playing the last game of the week to bring me home.

I think if Fournette plays, I'll start Keenum but if not, Bortles will get the start.

Good idea. I didn't even consider that Fournette could be held out again since they're playing solid pass offense.

Refused
Sep 6, 2005

Suave Fedora posted:

You got the right idea. In a meaningless game I’m also going Smith over Bortles.

My turn, pick my D/ST:

JAX @ SF (proj. 9.9)
MIN @ GB (proj. 12.2)

My projection has me ahead by ten points. We all know - JAX is soundly-dominant. The two slight knocks against them are 1) they travel west to play an afternoon game and 2) Handsome James has made the SF offense a thing. I’m not scared off of rostering JAX and prefer not to act cute with a position that has been “set and forget”; I’m just wondering aloud if MIN playing (away) against Brett Hundley is some kind of obvious choice I need to reconsider.

My opponent has his pick between:

CAR vs TB (proj. 10.5)
LAC @ NYJ (proj. 11.2)

If Davante Adams also ends up sitting out this week I’d consider going with Minnesota. He seems to be by far Hundley’s favorite pass target.

My question: I need to sit one of these guys, who should it be? 1 PPR league, week 1 of a 2 week finals.

J Jones @NO
T Hill vs Mia
R Woods @Ten
K Drake @KC

Am I crazy to even consider benching Julio? He’s just been so lackluster this year and the other matchups seem favorable.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
The answer to every question is BORTLES

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Who do I start?

Stafford @ Cin
Prescott vs Sea
Smith vs Mia
Foles vs Oak
Bortles @ San Fran
Goff @ Tenn

Why yes I am rostering 6 QB's. :downs:

And while I'm at it, what about my other league?

Keenum @ GB
Goff @ Ten
Rivers @ NYJ
Bortles @ SF

RCarr fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Dec 20, 2017

Kinfolk Jones
Oct 31, 2010

Faaaaaaaaast
ESPN 0.5 PPR, need to decide on a WR2 for week 1 of the finals.

Allen @ NYJ
J. Jones @ NO

I'm leaning Allen if healthy. Current Lineup:

RB1: Gurley @ TEN
RB2: Gordon @NYJ
WR1: Hopkins v PIT
WR2: Allen @ NYJ
FLEX: Hunt v MIA

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
In the Championship Game, pick 2 of 3

J. Jones @ NO
N. Agholor v OAK
L. Miller v PIT

NFL.com standard scoring (0 ppr)

I've stuck with Julio all season as my WR1 but he's been constantly middling apart from his big game in week 12 vTB, the rest of the season I've been alternating between Agholor and Tyreek Hill who have obviously been great on my bench and trash when I play them. If I ride a 3 receiver loadout I'm benching Miller who's been solid as a Flex all season

Other RBs are Hunt and Gurley so I'm locked in there and thanks to Wentz going down I'm riding the Bortles train for my first ring :regd08:

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Koopa Kid posted:

TE
Olsen v TB
Engram @ Ari

Basically wondering if Olsen stays legit and if my mix of WRs will amount to anything (I could also just flex Engram).

I’m starting Newton so I’m a little worried about throwing a TE with one good game in there if they blow it but the other team is a murderer’s row averaging 140 points a week to my 123 so I feel like I’ve got to gamble.

I have an identical TE question and a similar larger problem so it would be interesting to hear thoughts on it because I haven’t kept up to date on Olsen’s issues this year but picked him up after the GB game.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Pick two WR: (1 PPR)

Golden Tate @Cin
Marquise Goodwin vs. Jax
Josh Gordon @Chi
Keelan Cole @SF

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Gordon and Cole.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

MacheteZombie posted:

Gordon and Cole.

Seconded.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

MacheteZombie posted:

Gordon and Cole.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Need a WR2. 1 PPR. Already starting Landry.

Evans @ Car
Sanders @ Wsh (lol)
Diggs @ GB
Gordon @ Chi
Cole @ SF

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

pubic works project posted:

Need a WR2. 1 PPR. Already starting Landry.

Evans @ Car
Sanders @ Wsh (lol)
Diggs @ GB
Gordon @ Chi
Cole @ SF

I still like Gordon and Cole, but I can't fault ya if you put in Evans over one of them.

E: lol u asked for one and I gave u two! Gordon.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

MacheteZombie posted:

I still like Gordon and Cole, but I can't fault ya if you put in Evans over one of them.

Yeah I might end up flipping a coin between Evans and Gordon.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

pubic works project posted:

Yeah I might end up flipping a coin between Evans and Gordon.

I think both those guys are in for heavy target counts this week. Leaning Gordon on match-up.

Sorry for giving you two when you asked for one btw.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RCarr posted:

Who do I start?

Stafford @ Cin
Prescott vs Sea
Smith vs Mia
Foles vs Oak
Bortles @ San Fran
Goff @ Tenn

Why yes I am rostering 6 QB's. :downs:

And while I'm at it, what about my other league?

Keenum @ GB
Goff @ Ten
Rivers @ NYJ
Bortles @ SF

Anyone?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

RCarr posted:

Anyone?

Poque posted:

The answer to every question is BORTLES

but maybe Rivers vs the Jets

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I'm starting Carolina's defense this week if these are my other options, right?

I'm kind of tempted to give the Giants a shot.

Poque posted:

but maybe Rivers vs the Jets

R-r-r-rivers vs the Jets! (Jets, jets)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Inspector_666 posted:

R-r-r-rivers vs the Jets! (Jets, jets)

Why are you doing this to me

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Poque posted:

Why are you doing this to me

Oh holy poo poo I didn't even realize that was your post.

I guess I'm just your Jacob Marley.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Should have posted this here rather than the other thread, anyways...

I'm on the left, any changes worth making or nah? Debating swapping out Gordon for Cole but still not entirely sure. I'm also anxious about Tyreek this week. Miami for whatever loving reason has been shutting down WR's lately.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Handsome Ralph posted:

Should have posted this here rather than the other thread, anyways...

I'm on the left, any changes worth making or nah? Debating swapping out Gordon for Cole but still not entirely sure. I'm also anxious about Tyreek this week. Miami for whatever loving reason has been shutting down WR's lately.

I'd stick with what you've got.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Guys help me pick a QB for the 'ship:

Keenum @ GB

Dak vs SEA
Stafford @CIN

I currently have Keenum--I think everyone has been too low on him for the past like 5 weeks and I'm finally gonna go against the experts and start him against a soft GB secondary.

Is this the week where the experts are finally better than my gut?

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists
Gore @ Baltimore
Lynch @ Philly
Riddick @ Cinci

Gotta start 2 of these 3, leaning towards sitting Lynch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Bjay9 posted:

Gore @ Baltimore
Lynch @ Philly
Riddick @ Cinci

Gotta start 2 of these 3, leaning towards sitting Lynch

I would not overthink it and just start Lynch.

Anyone got thoughts on mine?

Butter Hole posted:

Guys help me pick a QB for the 'ship:

Keenum @ GB

Dak vs SEA
Stafford @CIN

I currently have Keenum--I think everyone has been too low on him for the past like 5 weeks and I'm finally gonna go against the experts and start him against a soft GB secondary.

Is this the week where the experts are finally better than my gut?

• Locked thread