Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Butter Hole posted:

pick 2 .5 PPR
Tyrell Williams (@ NYG)
Will Fuller (vs KC)
Sammy Watkins (vs SEA)
Doug Martin (vs NE)

I'd start what you have bolded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Montgomery is officially listed as doubtful. So, I need to figure out a flex:

Aaron Jones (@DAL)
McKinnon (@CHI)
Fuller (V KC)
Lee (@PIT)
Trent Taylor (@IND), though I'm already starting Garcon.

I'm leaning towards Jones or Fuller, but not sure which.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

pubic works project posted:

Okay I'm seconding guessing things....again.

1PPR. Need an RB.

Buck Allen @ Oakland
Aaron Jones @ Dallas
Jerrick McKinnon @ Chicago

Have Buck in right now, but with Monty out and reports coming out that Jones is starting, I'm leaning putting him in.

I like Jones over buck and McKinnon.

I'm revisiting the same struggle:

Aaron Jones @ dal
Will Fuller v kc

0.5 PPR

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Pick 1WR 1flex (0.5) PPR.

Aaron Jones @min
Ty Montgomery @min
Jerick McKinnon v gbp

Garcon @wsh
Fuller v cle
Marqise Lee v lar

I'm thinking either Fuller Garcon or Fuller + whichever of the gb running backs is starting.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Cousins (v MIN) or Rivers (@ JAC)?

I also need to decide on 1 RB and 1 flex (0.5 PPR):
Howard (v GBP)
McKinnon (@ WSH)
Aaron Jones (@ CHI)
Marqise Lee (v LAC)
Fuller (@LAR)
Davis (v CIN)

I'm thinking the bolded.

quote:

Which wide reciever? I don't want to miss the Jones train like I did last week, right?

Marvin Jones Jr. vs. Cle or

Devin Funchess vs. Miami?
I think I'd do Funchess, honestly.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Scruffy the janitor posted:

I know these choices suck, but any opinions?

Of them, I think CJA.. I'd probably think CJA >= Abdullah > Mack

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Pastor Travis posted:

Does the fact that I'm dealing with .5 PPR affect these thoughts? I guess we're tied up.

Jones is averaging 7.75 targets/game for 4.1 catches. Funchess is averaging 7.2 for 4.2. From a PPR standpoint, historically they've been similar. We didn't see much of a spike last week in Funchess' utilization with KBen gone, but I still think that's coming.

From a PPR standpoint, the two are pretty similar in terms of expected utilization. They're playing teams that are equally good/bad vs the pass. I just feel like the carolina/miami game is more likely to have big scores. Looks like vegas expects the Detriot game to have about half a touchdown more.

For me, it's really just my gut saying Funchess will have a bigger role. Without that, they're pretty much the same.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

ASJ (v CAR) or Hunter Henry (@DAL on Thurs)?

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

With Rishard Matthews out, would it make sense to sit Howard (@PHI) to play Corey Davis (@IND)?

Philly is the top ranked run D, so I'm a bit worried about that matchup, while the colts passing D hasn't been good.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Tiptoes posted:

I vote for benching Julio. He'll have to contend with Marshon Lattimore for most of the game, who is playing very well for a rookie CB and has the speed to match Julio. I don't think it's a big game week for him whereas Fitz and Gordon could see 20+ targets combined.

I'd say the opposite -- NO has had a decent season on defense, but they've been allowing top WRs to put up points against them fairly consistently. I think the WR1 on the last 3 teams they've played -- none of whom are nearly as good as julio -- has put up 14+ points. (funchess 14, watkins + kupp over 14, 3 redskins WRs at 10+...). Before that they did well vs buffalo, tampa with a backup QB, chicago, and a rodgersless GB, but both DET WRs 18+ points.

I feel like their defense is currently overrated because they had a long string of bad offenses.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Tiptoes posted:

I think that it's all tied to Lattimore's presence. He was hurt in the Redskins game and did not play the following games against the Rams and Panthers. He's returning against the Falcons though.

Edit: Actually I misread something and Lattimore may not play this week or is at least much more of a GTD than I thought.

Impossible to test, but I don't really buy it. They did play a string of struggling offenses in a row -- first full game without rodgers; bears (though they allowed 92 yards to tre McBridge who is now a FA); TB without winston; buffalo. These are all offenses that have done poorly against multiple defenses, good and bad.

Lattimore played against Detroit when Tate and put up 18.6 and 19.1 points. He played against the Fin's struggle offense when parker put up 10 and landry put up 7 (Cutler, who has obviously not been good went 20/28). He played against the Vikings when Thielen and Diggs each put up 20+. He played against the pats when hogan had 16 and dorsett had 9, and gronk had 100+ yards and a TD.

You could say those were the first 4 games of the season so he was adjusting to the league, but it seems just as likely that the high performance of the defense is more tied to the poor offense teams they were playing. Particularly when you notice that we aren't talking about 1 player who is performing well in these games, we are talking about multitudes.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

Bal @ Pit
Bills vs IND or
Jets @Den.

I think Bills vs IND might not be too bad, but not sure if it's better than the Ravens DST.

I actually think I'd stream vs DEN.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

pubic works project posted:

Lmao. My man.

That's what I was debating: Williams or Howard. Browns give up like 4.7 YPC and I think Williams is going to get the bulk share.

This actually solved my other problem and I'm flexing Josh Gordon over Howard in my other league.

On the other hand...

Cleveland actually has a decent run D and only allow 3.3 YPC, actually the best defense YPC in the league. The Bengals are allowing 4 YPC and allow the 5th most points to RBs..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Kizer or Stanton?

Foles is likely to play regardless of playoff status; they need him to get game reps.

• Locked thread