Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Ty1990 posted:

I'm in tough spot for a defense this week...what's the best option?

Cleveland D @ IND
Indy D vs Cleveland
GB D vs Cincy
San Fran D vs LA

IND very slightly ahead, SF is the worst, but the other two are all solid plays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

PPR, 6 team league, up against the clear best team with me in 2nd

QB:
Matthew Stafford vs ATL
Drew Brees @ CAR

related question, WR2:
Jordy Nelson vs CIN
Golden Tate vs ATL

related related question, FLEX:
the other WR above
Christan McCaffrey vs NO

Story: I can see Brees getting shut down by C the Panthers D, while Stafford gets into a shootout with the Falcons, whose defense apparently gets tired after 2.75 quarters. All the experts are split 50/50 ish too.

Tate would be heavily involved in that game plan. And after watching the most head-scratching injury live, I'm not too high on just setting Jordy against a good (??) Bengals secondary.

And finally, the Saints pass defense is dumpster fire, including passes out of the backfield, and if there's a week to breakout Kareem Hunt-style, it's this week for McCaffrey.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

shyduck posted:

Pick a QB:

Cam Newton vs. NO
Matt Ryan @ DET

I'm leaning towards Ryan but the Saints D seems awfully soft

For this week only, Cam. While it's possible Falcons-Lions becomes a defenseless shootout in a dome, the Saints pass coverage is a marshmellow pit against all receivers, including out of the backfield, AND their main CBs are all Out/Doubtful.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Alfalfa posted:

Which one of these shall lead my team to the promised land this week?

6paTD

Taylor vs Atl
Siemian vs Oak
Goff vs Dal
Bortles vs NYJ

Goff has a good projection this week, way better than the other 3, but the downside is you have to play Goff.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Varg posted:

Watson

Howard if nothing is wrong with his shoulder again, which I didn't believe him last week when he said it was fine and benched him :(

Do I hold on to the Steelers defense @ Ravens or swap them for Bengals @ Browns ?

Pitt is a decent choice this week, but Cinci is projected as gathering the most INTs and 2nd most SACKs out of all games this week based on their matchup with Cleveland's O-line. Yea, go for it.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Actually Carr's sack rate isn't the issue (matching up OAK's Oline vs DEN's Dline shows only 2.17 sacks, compared to say the Chargers projecting league high 3.67 sacks vs the Eagles' Oline), it's sheer yardage. Cousins is middle of the pack (proj 247 paYRD @KC), Carr is very poor (proj 198 paYRD vs DEN).

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Good points all around. Would you guys drop Carr at this point in a 1QB league? Currently I'm holding him and Cousins. The waiver wire is pretty picked over.

Cousins has a bye week 5, may as well hold until that's over.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Scruffy the janitor posted:

0ppr flex:
C Carson vs Ind
D Parker vs NO

Carson seems set for a big workload, but the colts run D has apparently actually been decent. Parker got all of his points last week in like a minute. I'm torn

Even in 0PPR, Parker, not close. Weather is looking good, the game is gonna be a shootout, Parker has WR10+ potential this week.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Scruffy the janitor posted:

Any tiebreaker thoughts? I'm actually kind of leaning towards Parker. I have a feeling I'm gonna need a homerun facing the person with Rodgers and KHunt

Note: I have to take back some of my words, since I was looking at Miami instead of London. The weather looks bad, and everything about that game is a big fat who-knows-shrug.

So it's a lot closer, Carson is the safe play (given the Colt's run D as you mentioned, they've given up very few 2nd level and open field runs), but you'll probably have to start Parker and be unhappy about it.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Jota posted:

0.5 PPR - Pick Two

Stefon Diggs vs Det
Golden Tate vs Min
TY Hilton vs Sea
Chris Hogan vs Car

I have these exact 4 WRs, but in PPR. I ranked them Diggs, Tate, Hogan, Hilton this week.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Pick 1 DST:

Vikings (@CHI, MNF)
Ravens (@OAK)

I don't even know the names of the opposing QBs, any info appreciated.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Farchanter posted:

With Devonta Freeman out, I need an RB in a 0ppr league.

Ameer Abdullah vs. Carolina
LeGarrette Blount vs. Arizona

Thanks!

Abdullah and be sad about it

Vargo posted:

Hello friends, this is my first sit/start post this year and I went from a league championship to.... 0-4.
Hoping to get my first win this week, needing a thought on RB2. 0 PPR.

Christian McCaffery @DET
Andre Ellington @ PHI
Alex Collins @ OAK

McCaffrey and be sad about it. He has mich less value without PPR, but unless you have a read on Collins he's the only play.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Cotton Candidasis posted:

Similar question to Crunkjuice's:

Watson vs Cleveland
Brees vs Detroit

6 PaTD

I'm currently starting Watson because my opponent has Alex Smith, Bell, Freeman, Fournette, Gronk, Tyreek, and DT. It seems like I could use his potential 40 point upside to have a chance, especially paired with Hopkins.

Counter argument: Drew Brees.

Brees is the safe play, but looks like you need a homerun. Go for the Watson/Hopkins stack vs CLE.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Butter Hole posted:

Any thoughts on these?

@Tommygun - Mcguire, Brown, Brate in my opinion

Tate is the PPR guy, but his TD potential is always limited, and especially against a surprisingly moderate pass defence vs the slot in NO. I would def roll the dice with JJ Nelson vs TB.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Liquid Banjo posted:

Standard, 0ppr:

Pick 2-
Hilton @ TEN
Diggs vs. GB
Cooper vs. LAC
Fuller vs. CLE
R. Matthews vs. IND

Pick 1-
Bell @ KC
Ingram vs. DET
Martin @ ARI
Stewart vs. PHI
McKinnon vs. GB

Leaning Diggs/Fuller and Ingram. Thoughts?

Diggs is way too risky given injury and QB situation. Hilton has a creampuff matchup as does Fuller 5. Hilton Fuller easy.

You're a crazy person for even considering not playing Bell, it's Bell.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

It's even in his name, the Bell stands for bell cow, you ride that every week period.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Liquid Banjo posted:

Oops, I hosed that up. Should have read "Pick 3" and "Pick 2".

So pick 1 of

Diggs vs. GB
Cooper vs. LAC
R. Matthews vs. IND

and pick 1

Ingram vs. DET
Martin @ ARI
Stewart vs. PHI
McKinnon vs. GB

lol this makes more sense.

Diggs but watch out for missed practices, and slot Matthews if needed.

Doug Martin and be sad about it. In PPR I would have just run McKinnon, even though Muscle Hamster is still probably the better coinflip.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Q_res posted:

Okay, so I need a WR2 and I currently have

Rishard Matthews vs IND

My other options are:

Terrelle Pryor vs SF (Cousins is my QB)
Will Fuller vs CLE

I also have JJ Nelson, but I don't think he's a serious consideration over the others.

All 3 are close, but I think Pryor has the edge over the others. Fuller may have injury risk, and is the WR2 against Cleveland, who inexplicably are the best in the league at yards allowed to WR2s (possibly because of how wide open WR1s are). And Indy can cover WR1s now that Vontae Davis is back.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm pretty high on Buck Allen right now after reading that the bears give up a lot points to rbs. West is most definitely out. Tho ASJ and Will Fuller are interesting options. Still, leaning Buck for ya.

I'm high on Buck too, but I think if Fuller is remotely healthy you gotta take him vs CLE, even in halfPPR.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

the_american_dream posted:

I shouldn't be overthinking this but I realy want to start Fuller against Cle this week. Not sure if i should over Hogan or Crabtree

Hogan is unbenchable, but Crabtree could be swapped given uncertainty in the QB situation.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Brownhat posted:

Crabtree is actually more valuable with Carr sidelined. He's is Manuel's favorite target by a noticeable margin. That said, Hogan is pretty much unbenchable right now.

Well that's the thing, Carr practiced and is reportedly going to play banged up. Feels like a similar thing to what happened to Minnesota last week. If we knew for sure they'd play the "your job is to toss it to Crabtree for 60 minutes" guy then he'd be unbenchable too.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

DariusLikewise posted:

Pick 2 WRs and a Flex, 0.5 PPR

Keenan Allen @ OAK
T.Y. Hilton @ TEN
Jerick McKinnon vs. GB
Golden Tate @ NO
Alvin Kamara vs. DET
Aaron Jones @ MIN
Ty Montgomery @ MIN(Pretty sure he's not going to play)

Hilton Allen Tate no contest

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

railroad terror posted:

non-PPR Choose 2:

Davante Adams vs NO
Martavis Bryant vs CIN
Jermaine Kearse @ MIA

Leaning toward Adams and Bryant, but Miami's D kinda sucks and the Jets offense isn't horrible?

Unless you have some insider info on the Steelers wanting to showcase Bryant prior to the trade deadline, and somehow doing it against the tough Cincy secondary, Bryant is not startable leaving you with no decision here.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

TY's important splits are home/away: he produces much more at home, and atleast has that going for him even though it's against JAX.

Snead has shown little signs of producing anything post suspension+injury and should be benched until one good game.

I think you have to run with Allen and Hilton and be sad about it.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Kloaked00 posted:

Shoot, can’t believe I got their games mixed up.

Thanks for the answers!

Just for max confusion, I'll throw in my vote for Henry+Gore.

Dallas gives up TDs to WRs, but limits yardage. Garcon is not the top or 2nd red zone target guy for SF. I don't see a game script working well for Garcon here in nonPPR, especially if they try to boost Carlos Hyde's stats for the impending trade.

Indy is projected as getting crushed by Jax's secondary and giving up good success to RBs, so I actually think Gore is the easiest start here.

Henry feels like the safer play even against Cleveland's run d and a questionable Mariota projection. Play Garcon if the other team is much stronger than yours.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Alfalfa posted:

Hmm

D/St

Denver vs Chargers
Carolina vs Chicago

Denver's projection is bad this week, and with Kuechly out I can't recommend the Panthers, any waiver options?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

PPR, ESPN, choose 1 FLEX:

Chris Ivory @ IND
Carlos Hyde vs DAL
Christian McCaffrey @ CHI

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Octoduck posted:

With Fournette out: Chris Ivory or Buck Allen?

Gut is to go with Ivory at this point.

I've got Buck on my bench in my above Sit/Start scenario. He's not in the same tier, even assuming you're in PPR.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Keenan Allen should be a DSYS lock this week @NE.

Diggs plays terrible when on the injury report, and playing him after international travel on a questionable field is a huge risk.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Ouhei posted:

Brees (vs. CHI) or Watson (vs. SEA)?

I drafted Brees but picked up Watson to cover his bye and dude's been ballin out while Brees has been kinda meh?

It's Watson @SEA, btw.

I'm personally benching Brees to run Rivers @NE. That said, both of your QB matchups look bad, but I'd run Brees over Watson. The difference is like 30 extra pass yards and playing at home, so no big deal either way.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Tate's not out (yet), it's Golladay that is out.

On the other hand, bad weather warning for central East Coast games (SF @ PHI, ATL @ NYJ, DAL @ WAS) so lower expectations accordingly.

As such:

VietCampo posted:

.5 PPR need a flex.

Wendall Smallwood vs. SF
Marlon Mack @CIN
Willie Snead vs. CHI

Mack, and be sad about it.

Pain of Mind posted:

Garcon @ PHI - better matchup, gets a decent amount of targets, but has 0 TD and only >100 yards once, and who knows if Bethard can get him the ball proficiently
Marvin Jones vs PIT - Tate is out so should have a lot of targets, but PIT has been good against WRs

Jones, and pray that PIT gets greedy for sacks and gets you a 4/50/0 out of him.

Pain of Mind posted:

Also
Ryan @ NYJ
Rivers @ NE

from the weather warning above, Rivers slam dunk.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Pain of Mind posted:

Is the weather supposed to be that bad? It says it will likely rain, but it still should be warm?

I mean, it is a named tropical storm. It depends on how it reacts after the initial Sunday rainfall, which is where projections are diverging. I've seen Buffalo's forecast range from 30% precip down to 6% and now back up to 40%, but yes it'll be warm.

Certainly the 3 central East Coast games I mentioned should be considered risky plays. Like I'm dropping Jake Elliot vs SF to stream Kaimi Fairbairn @ SEA because of all this. And thank goodness Stefon Diggs has a chance at some points otherwise I'd be forced to run Garcon @ PHI. Conversely, I'm now hyper expecting (and needing) Carlos Hyde to carry me this weekend with like 20 points.

If you're a true gambling addict you'll be awake before the London game kicks off anyways, so if you really have a coin-toss decision you'll have time to go with a weather-based plan B.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Zero_Grade posted:

Normal scoring, need a 3rd WR. Which side of this matchup do I take?

JuJu Smith-Schuster (PIT @DET)
Golden Tate (DET vs. PIT)

I could also start Joe Mixon over Frank Gore, but the post above this seems to suggest that's a bad option.

Bad either way, just run Tate and be happy if you get 7 points (PPR). If 0PPR go for JuJu.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Brownhat posted:

Who would you start this week? 1PPR

Fitzgerald vs. KC
Tate at GB

Uhh...Drew Stanton is the Arizona Quarterback. Tate is the safer better play.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Spoeank posted:

counterpoint

Here is the week 1 49ers defensive depth chart. Red means they're gone, on IR or already declared out. Aaron Lynch & Reuben Foster are questionable.

I mean even with all that, GB's corners has been just as bad. Stafford has been proven to be PPR-friendly.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

By this point Fuller vs an atrocious Indy secondary is all aboard unbenchable until this train crashes into a fiery metal pile of wreckage, choo chooo

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

RisqueBarber posted:

.5 PPR filtered to the top 10 most accurate experts for the year but yeah live your life

Erm you should filter by WR accuracy, not overall, and Fuller pulls ahead in addition to having a miniscule standard deviation. There are still a few seats open, choo chooo

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

VaultAggie posted:

PPR 1

Pick one for each.

Matt Forte vs Buf
Theo Riddick @ GB

Pierre Garcon vs Ari
Robby Anderson vs Buf

Do I want to put all my eggs into the Jets basket?

Nah, Riddick and Anderson, but Forte isn't terrible. Garcon has an injured neck and/or gets the Patrick Peterson death sentence, fade him hard this week.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

trdn89 posted:

Jameis at New Orleans or Dalton at Buffalo? (6pt TD) Right now I’ve got Jameis starting but after last week my confidence level is zero.

Dalton is @JAX this week, making the answer to this question trivial. Anyone is better than the QB going against JAX.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

okok fine, anyone that you'd actually roster over a ham sandwich is a better play over the QB vs JAX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Even in 0PPR Tate gets the nod over MJJr, and Jones over Matthews. I mean it's not the worst thing to have a WR1+WR2 stack, and Golladay will likely not play so they will get all the targets anyways.

You could drop Watkins for Shepard, but it doesn't matter too much.

• Locked thread