Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Veritek83 posted:

0 PPR ESPN scoring, need to flex 1 of:

Jeremy Maclin (BAL @ CIN)
Kareem Hunt (KCC @ NE)
James White (NE vs. KCC)
Rex Burkhead (NE vs. KCC)

I realize now, a week after my draft, that I've screwed myself by taking two NE RBs.

Unless something comes out before the first game, I would have Hunt significantly ranked higher than those people. I figure for the first week you are essentially just playing your draft order, and now I would have Hunt in 3rd round or so while those other guys are 8+.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Standard scoring:

Fitzgerald @ DET
Hopkins vs JAC

Flip a coin?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Zero_Grade posted:

Need a 2nd opinion at a few selections. Who do I pick as my 2nd QB? I guess Stafford is the pick, but I'm not excited about it.

code:
Matt Stafford	Det vs Ari
Sam Bradford	Min vs NO
Andy Dalton	Cin vs Bal
Don't love any of my RB options this week, but I'm starting Fournett and Gordon.

Pick a WR3 and a Flex out of:

pre:
Frank Gore	Ind @  LAR
JStew 		Car @  SF
Terrence West	Bal @  Cin
Golden Tate	Det vs Ari
Martavis Bryant	Pit @  Cle
Stefon Diggs	Min vs NO

I guess you have to go Stafford, but I would not be super comfortable with it. It looks like a pure coinflip between Gore and West, I would go with Gore because he will never be fresher than he is this week, and they have no QB. Also close between Bryant and Diggs. I think Bryant is more a homerun/strikeout pick, while Diggs is probably safer and should be a pass heavy game vs NO. I would lean Diggs I guess.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Is Mixon worth playing this week, or should I wait to see what his workload is? Other options would be Hopkins or Gore. I need 2 out of those 3 if he is worth playing, currently have him out.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

pubic works project posted:

Uhhhhh you should not be benching Hopkins

No QB and has been injured all preseason after a poor 2016? I put him in at flex over Mixon, but I don't think he is back to DSYS yet.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Gore vs ARI
Rawls vs SF

I don't think Indy will do much vs ARI, but at least Gore will get 15 touches or so. Rawls is a better play if he is starting, but could be committeeish and I really don't like playing people when they get back from an injury since he might only be in for 20% of the snaps. I am leaning Rawls for his higher ceiling, but his floor is a lot lower also.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

89 posted:

Winston @ Minnesota
Alex Smith @ LAChargers

? I know Minnesota is Bradfordless, but I don't like that defense at home.

I have this exact setup in one league and I am rolling with Smith. I don't think Winston will need much of a passing game to beat a Bradfordless Vikings.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

I would do what you have selected.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Fentry posted:

Last minute tinkering, need a flex .5 ppr:

Javorious Allen vs CHI
James White @ NYJ
Amari Cooper vs LAC

Would go with Allen there.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
Pick 2 RB, standard scoring:
D Murrey @ CLE
D Henry @ CLE
Gore vs JAX
Allen @ MIN

My garbage heap of a team still needs to start 2 RB from this pile. I feel like if Murrey is playing he will play, and not be a decoy, which makes it hard to decide between him and Henry. Gore is not really getting that many touches, so his ceiling is kind of low, no idea what Allen will do week to week. I am leaning Allen and one of the TEN RB but not sure which, maybe just both TEN RB.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Suave Fedora posted:

Are you projected even or above your opponent?

Both Murray and Henry

I am projecting about 20 below, not sure if I need to gamble more and hope I choose the correct TEN RB and Allen?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Suave Fedora posted:

I realize I double-quoted you. I’d still go both of them. The more correct is Henry of the two but Fantasypros seems to believe Murray will still be productive. But as long as you have at least Henry + Murray/Allen you may be OK.

I went with both TEN RB, thanks for the responses.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

VietCampo posted:

.5 PPR need a flex.

Wendall Smallwood vs. SF
Marlon Mack @CIN
Willie Snead vs. CHI

Currently have Smallwood slotted in hoping he gets a handful of catches and possibly a td against that crap SF defense that loves giving up yards to receiving backs.

I would lean Smallwood as well.

Garcon @ PHI - better matchup, gets a decent amount of targets, but has 0 TD and only >100 yards once, and who knows if Bethard can get him the ball proficiently
Marvin Jones vs PIT - Tate is out so should have a lot of targets, but PIT has been good against WRs

Also
Ryan @ NYJ
Rivers @ NE

Both are favorable matchups, Ryan has been disappointing but I feel he has a higher floor than Rivers. I feel like whoever I choose I am overthinking it and choosing wrong.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

AnacondaHL posted:

Tate's not out (yet), it's Golladay that is out.

On the other hand, bad weather warning for central East Coast games (SF @ PHI, ATL @ NYJ, DAL @ WAS) so lower expectations accordingly.

As such:

Mack, and be sad about it.

Jones, and pray that PIT gets greedy for sacks and gets you a 4/50/0 out of him.

from the weather warning above, Rivers slam dunk.

Is the weather supposed to be that bad? It says it will likely rain, but it still should be warm?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

ColdBlooded posted:

1 PPR league, who should I start in my flex?

Keenan Allen @ Jacksonville
Aaron Jones @ Chicago
Jordy Nelson @ Chicago
Dion Lewis @ Denver
Derrick Henry vs Cincy

Leaning towards Allen but i don't really like any of my options

I'd probably go with Gore, Indy seems determined to keep using him

I would go Allen as well.

PP1st, pick 1 RB and 1 WR-
Darkwa @ SF
Mixon @ TEN

Benjamin vs NO
Marquis Lee vs LAC

For RB leaning Darkwa since SF is so bad, but Mixon gets more touches and has been pretty consistent. For WR I would lean Benjamin, but not sure what to expect for his first game in buffalo, and Lee has been pretty good the last 3 weeks.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Nov 12, 2017

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

MalleusDei posted:

I was soundly told off in the question thread, so cross posting: Dez or Devante Parker this week?

Dez

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

RCarr posted:

Should I bench Fournette for Evan Engram? (Non-ppr)

Hard to say, a below average Fournette game is still better than a decent Engram game unless he is just a decoy.

How windy is it supposed to be in the north east games?

Is it worth playing playing Kelvin Benjamin with some unknown QB over Marquise Lee or Marvin Jones who might have some wind to contend with?

Also,

Mixon or Darkwa?

Leaning Mixon because Denver's offense is so bad they could run a lot, but I feel like Darkwa has a higher ceiling, and with Shepard out there are even more touches to go around.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Zero_Grade posted:

I can't believe I'm sitting Nelson and barely playing Amari Cooper over Diggs and......Cooper Kupp?

Anyways, need 2 out of these 3 QB's:

Matt Stafford @ CHI
Tom Brady @ OAK
Jared Goff @ MIN

Also, pick a defense:

Lions @ CHI
Chargers vs BUF
Bengals @ DEN

I would go Stafford and Brady, then probably Lions though Bengals are tempting as well.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Doobie Keebler posted:

Miller (@BAL) or Morris (LAC on Thurs)

Miller's the safe play...but Morris is playing at home against a weaker run defense. Are Thanksgiving games Thursday games or prime time, performance-wise?

I kind of like Morris, but it is pretty close.

Which 3 from this mess should I start (standard scoring):
Perine vs NYG
D. Murrey @ IND
Collins vs HOU
Mixon vs CLE
Fitzgerald vs Jax

Kind of leaning the first 3, but hard to sit Fitzgerald with how well he has been doing, even with a somewhat unfavorable matchup.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Need an RB and a flex. 1PPR

McKinnon @ Detroit
Jeffrey vs. Chicago
Cooper vs. Denver
Sanders @ Oakland
JuJu vs. Green Bay
Jamaal Williams @ Pittsburgh
Montgomery @ Pittsburgh

Leaning McKinnon and Jeffrey, but I'm tempted to play JuJu.

I would go with McKinnon and Jeffery.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Scruffy the janitor posted:

Defense question
Cin vs Cle
Car @ NYJ

I know it's Cleveland and everything, but I think Carolina's defense is better than Cincy's. Am I overthinking this one?

They seem somewhat equal to me. In general I would rather have a good defense vs an average team than an average defense vs a below average team, but I don't know if I would consider either of those good enough to qualify for that. I would still lean Cincinnati.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Okay need a flex in my other league. 1 PPR

Mixon vs. Cleveland
Diggs @ Detroit
Sanders @ Oakland
Howard @ Philadelphia
Corey Davis @ Indianapolis
Stewart @ NYJ
Coleman @ Cincinnati
Damien Williams @ NE

I currently have Mixon in, but I'm considering Diggs.

I don't think Mixon is even in the running, and for me it would be between Diggs and Howard. I don't really have a strong preference between the 2, but I am running out of patience with Mixon.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

AnacondaHL posted:

Against the #1 team and needing home runs (way behind already via Keenan Allen), ESPN PPR, choose my TE:

Greg Olsen @ NYJ
Jack Doyle vs TEN

I would go with Olson, kind of have to assume he is good to go if they are bringing him back, and they don't have many other targets.

I asked this Thursday, still kind of looking for feedback because all of these players are so inconsistent (standard scoring, choose 2):

D. Murrey @ IND
Alex Collins vs HOU

Mixon vs CLE
Fitzgerald vs JAX

Leaning the bolded guys, all of the projections like Mixon, but I just don't trust Cincinnati's offense to do anything, and the Ravens D should keep them ahead so they can run a lot with Collins? I guess Mixon might be playable over Murrey, since if TEN gets way ahead Henry will probably come in. Fitz has just been so solid that even with a 3rd string QB and facing a top D I have to consider him, though he is probably reliant on garbage time points here.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

shyduck posted:

Pick a QB:

Can Newton @ NYJ
Matt Ryan vs TB

Pick a RB:

Danny Woodhead vs HOU
Jamaal Williams @ PIT

For QB it is a coin flip, I kind of like Ryan even if I have no reason to this year. Would go with Williams over Woodhead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Keith Atherton posted:

Help me decide my QB. Yahoo standard.

Cousins vs Denver.
Foles vs Oakland

I would lean Foles, though apparently there is a chance he would not play a full game if the packers win since they will have cinched the #1 seed? He plays on Monday, so there might not be anyone to replace him with if nothing is announced before Sunday morning.

Also, two questions for my BML finals matchup that I snuck into with a mediocre team:
DET @ CIN
KC vs MIA

KC is at home and are projected to be better, but it is hard to trust them after how bad they were the first 2/3rds of the year. Both teams have scored equal points with our scoring the last 2 weeks.

Pick 2 (standard scoring):
Perine vs DEN
Fitzgerald vs NYG
Gore vs BAL
Mixon vs DET
D Murray or Henry vs LAR

Leaning Fitz as one of the two, but not sure which under-performing RB to use. I thought Perine would solve my problems but he has not done much lately.

• Locked thread