Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Mousou Telepathy is a daily webcomic made by NOBEL about a girl called Nakano Ayako who can read people's minds. Naturally this includes all the perverted fantasies her classmate Toda imagines, most of which star herself, much to her dismay.

English translation by Helvetica Scans can be read here
You can find the original webcomic here
Beware, the raws are a a fair bit ahead of the translation.

OP scheduled to be less poo poo when OP is less lazy

SatansBestBuddy fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Mar 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
You forgot to link the best strip (mild spoilers if reading from the beginning.)

StandardVC10 fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Feb 7, 2018

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Mana is the best character, no debates needed.

Also it took entirely too many pages for me to stop calling the MC Nanako.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
I just saw this thread and picked up the manga, because I really liked Kotoura-san. This is a fine carry-on of that tradition of psychic girl + inner thoughts of male lead and I really like the minimalist art style.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
loving amazing thread title

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
The real question is -- when do you have enough Mana?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
The answer is never, never enough Mana.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Mana is

strong

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Also, if we could get some love for Shimizu, please? He's like a giant, friendly dog. Dogboy is best boy.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

Also, if we could get some love for Shimizu, please? He's like a giant, friendly dog. Dogboy is best boy.

It's between him and Akira for best boy.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

chumbler posted:

It's between him and Akira for best boy.

Since there's only 3 boys this says more about Toda than Akira and Shimizu.

E: Anyway this manga is good and I like it a lot! Mana is clearly the best but all the characters are pretty good and although the romance is progressing as slowly as you'd expect most of the characters have gone through some growth and changed from the beginning of the story, which is pretty nice.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Sep 4, 2017

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Akira's a chill bro.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Since there's only 3 boys this says more about Toda than Akira and Shimizu.

There's also the boy Mana turned down, and the one who wanted some iced coffee from Toda, and the rest of Toda's soccer team.

What I'm saying is Toda has a lot of competition for the bottom.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

SatansBestBuddy posted:

There's also the boy Mana turned down, and the one who wanted some iced coffee from Toda, and the rest of Toda's soccer team.

What I'm saying is Toda has a lot of competition for the bottom.

I don't think those guys have names or real personalities.

Anyway Toda ain't that bad honestly but the rest of the main cast is considerably more enjoyable.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

DrSunshine posted:

I'm still somewhat disappointed that they didn't try dating. His whole "Hey, maybe I don't like you. Huh." felt like a cop-out to keep Toda in the run (since so far Shimizu had been shown as 1000% better than him other than being a bit simple).

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

gmq posted:

I'm still somewhat disappointed that they didn't try dating. His whole "Hey, maybe I don't like you. Huh." felt like a cop-out to keep Toda in the run (since so far Shimizu had been shown as 1000% better than him other than being a bit simple).

The simpleness is part of his charm!!

Actually, Love Roma, by the author that brought us Takeo-Chan Bukkairoku features a main character who's similarly stupidly straightforward dating a girl. It's pretty awesome.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

gmq posted:

Yeah, that was dumb. Shimizu's a cool dude, but not understanding how dating and relationships work, dunno, maybe try it and see how it goes? Does love have to come before dating? Feels like a missed opportunity.

That's a thing Japanese manga does way too often anyway, make dating some kinda 'off-limits' thing unless they're in love beforehand. You don't need to confess your undying love just to go see a movie or go shopping or whatever!

SatansBestBuddy fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Sep 4, 2017

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
Just binged this. Getting a bit heavy where the translations are but still very good. The focus on the friendship between the girls is really great, reminds me of Toradora. Is it just me or is Mana/Shimizu getting teased?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ha ha, so the actual details of toda's fantasies are all stuff nakano came up with.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

ha ha, so the actual details of toda's fantasies are all stuff nakano came up with.

Haha Gonna be fun when Aya realizes this.

Also I'll probably post comics again in a couple pages after new people who come in catch up.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i always thought that toda's fantasies were a bit much for one horny teen, despite having first hand knowledge of how ridiculous teenage boys are.

i was right, and they are the shared creation of two horny teens.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Thank god for Mana, getting poo poo done.

havenwaters posted:

Also I'll probably post comics again in a couple pages after new people who come in catch up.

Good call

Test Pattern posted:

Just binged this. Getting a bit heavy where the translations are but still very good.

Yeah, series likes to dip it's toes into more heavy stuff from time to time, but it's never, like, grimdark or anything, it's just people getting legit upset over problems beyond their control.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

well, assuming she can hear thoughts but not see them,

Toda's probably still more responsible for it.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
From the sound of things he's writer and she's the artist, so to speak.

e:;fb.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Cuntellectual posted:

From the sound of things he's writer and she's the artist, so to speak.

e:;fb.

We're not sure about the tone either. Maybe there are no quotations around do? Or he's just being a teen.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Update's out.

Mana's still the best and Aya's lucky to have her as a friend.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
To be fair Mana is also really lucky to have her as a friend too. Nothing to get you let go of all the poo poo you have locked away like finding out someone you know is a psychic. If it's literally impossible to lie to them, well, might as well be yourself.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

StandardVC10 posted:

Mousou Telepathy getting kind of yuri all of a sudden

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Updated. Deadpan siblings are amazing in their own way. That is some "smile." Yeah....totally a smile.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Downright bubbling with personality :geno:

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
Started and caught up with this today. I like the art a lot and it continues the ongoing trend of the blonde side character being the best in the whole drat thing :911:

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Caught up properly, I had been reading what had been posted in the SDL thread before but never from the beginning. 441 is up and Mana may be on to something.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Yay, all caught up, Ayako is so freaking adorable and the art is human and enjoyable and GDI I love ADTRW recs, they almost never fail.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Mana and Carol would be the most powerful blondie tag team in history

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Invictus posted:

Mana and Carol would be the most powerful blondie tag team in history

I... actually think they wouldn't get along very well

Or at least Mana wouldn't get along well with Carol, whereas Carol can seemingly get along with anybody

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug
Ayako and Carol would probably get along, since Aya can tell that Carol is a normal person underneath the smile.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Before the latest storyline, I would have reckoned that someone peering into Carol's mind would uncover some unspeakable, unfathomable horror of madness from the darkness between the stars.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
I've been slacking off on my surreal daily life manga reading. Finally started this and was up till 4AM reading it last night

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
glad to see this finally has a thread, who is this carol people are talking about and what are they from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

This is carol from tomo-chan wa onno no ko, another page-a-day that is less well written than this, although carol is indeed the cutest.

E: in fact here's the OP
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3809407