Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ha ha, so the actual details of toda's fantasies are all stuff nakano came up with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i always thought that toda's fantasies were a bit much for one horny teen, despite having first hand knowledge of how ridiculous teenage boys are.

i was right, and they are the shared creation of two horny teens.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
mana also already went over this: nakano is dumb as heck

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

Play video games with your sister, Toda. It's your duty as little brother.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Explosions posted:

ohhhh fuuuuuck the guy who i love who is in love with me suspects that we are in love what am i going to do about my ANIME PROBLEMS

there is a terrible secret which explains everything: nakano is the dumbest of them all

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if she thinks that is a likely scenario then aya hasn't been paying attention at all

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yashima hasn't ever done anything funny or interesting so it's fine to forget him

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

chunkles posted:

:agreed: but without aya

mana needs a dimwitted foil to make herself look better

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Drunk Theory posted:

This isn't that kinda story, but I can't imagine a literal telepath would have a problem finding a job.

aya's terrible at manipulating people, so i don't see why interviewers would be any different.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
an intelligent, determined person might be able to make such a form of telepathy work for them. that does not describe nakano in any way.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Drunk Theory posted:

Ayamom is incredibly supportive of Ayako going on a date.

she is fully aware that her daughter is an antisocial nerd.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
aya doesn't think anyone will be her friend unless they are required by law to be in the same room as her several days a week.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if aya was that capable she wouldn't be having so much trouble with liking a boy she absolutely knows likes her back

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he's got a secret way to touch cats, so who could possibly resist such a temptation?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Tollymain posted:

for some reason i was just reminded that the only thing in jitsu wa watashi wa i was unsatisfied by was that the telepath was magically not privy to all the other supernatural poo poo going on around him.

like, it would have been so much better if he had been expressively no-selling all the bullshit going on all the time

he was mostly a former telepath

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
toda is so lewd, thinking that he'd like to hug the girl he likes after the subject of hugging her, specifically came up

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
aya desperately wants to know what makes people tick, because she's clueless despite knowing what everyone around her is thinking. the problem is, i don't think she's ever really thought it through. instead of thinking about her problems while trying to find a solution, she mostly just wallowed in negative thoughts as i'm sure all the sadbrains here can understand.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nice av/username synergy

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so do cram schools actually work, or do they exist solely to make kids miserable?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
she's finally figured out that nothing is going to happen unless she starts it

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
because that shirt owned?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he was seized as a prize by the only character in mt who isn't an idiot.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
for ages i thought she was his older sister because she has her poo poo together

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i have the same reaction whenever a cat enters the room

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Elfface posted:

Face-deep in belly-fluff "Who's a good little fuzzy-wuzzy-muzzy-nuzzy-duzzy?"

ah, so you are a ghost.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
huh, and here i thought fear was the mind killer. it turns out that it was nakano all along.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
service work is surprisingly perfect for aya. aya is never going to be devious or skilled enough to manipulate people. but in a shop people think about what they want and then she gives it to them. no analysis required. that's pretty much how the interview worked, too.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even aya's subconscious is yelling at her to just friggin' confess already

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
aya's outfits are always above reproach.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the remaining 12 panels of the series are now an incredibly abbreviated reenactment of akira.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that was the perfect way for it to be revealed.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if aya hadn't befriended mana, mana would have completely obliterated her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

CommissarMega posted:

BUT I WANTED TO SEE TODA SMILE IRL

So bittersweet to see this end, and I'm honestly kind of unsatisfied that Aya didn't tell Toda she was telepathic and all that; the fallout from the revelation would've been interesting to see. That said, it's really good to see these two dorkasauruses get their happy end :3:

did you not read the epilogue chapter?