Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Soundtrack for this scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Nakano, you must pilot the MANA

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Braids girl and Mana team up, fight crime, become protagonists of wildly successful spinoff.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Interesting how Momiji often explicitly says what she thinks or feels ("that's hilarious") while Toda, despite wanting to be understood, says little of what he means.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Mana potion.

I like that it's just all our protagonists who suck at romance, and that all these side characters are totally fine with confessing their feelings and making moves. Etou and Sano are the MVPs here.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

She could win one of those James Randi "prove the paranormal exists under rigorous scientific conditions and you'll earn a gigantic cash prize" contests.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

linall posted:

To go by the page before last we're in Toda's head. Venuz Patrol's suggestion that we drifted into Aya's head is a fun and compelling one though.

Aya's fantasies are in black and white. The last speech bubble is in black and white.

Makes sense to me.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Has she figured out how to keep her emotions from showing on her face, at last?

...does Nakano want to study acting?

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

I think the blush is also telepathy. Otherwise it'd be grayscale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

Tollymain posted:

whats the real effective difference in worthiness between having the wiring to read somebody with a fairly flat demeanor and having the wiring to more directly receive their feelings tho

.I think the distinction being drawn depends on the idea that being able to read people with a flat demeanor isn't wiring -- it's a cultivated skill.

Mana can figure out what Toda thinks and feels because they've been friends forever / she cares about him, so she can read his subtle cues. Her ability to read him comes from emotional intelligence and personal investment. Nakano can figure out what Toda thinks and feels because she's got a direct line to his brain, no emotional intelligence / caring required -- she got to skip the step of growing as a person and caring about people enough to watch their facial expressions because she could know what they thought without having to put in that effort.

Which isn't to say that beating herself up about it is the correct decision. But it is an understandable one.