Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

:perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

nielsm posted:

P.E. dressing rooms?

You say that like Nakano wouldn't be hiding in a corner staring at her own feet in the locker room.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

There will be no lewd, only pure thoughts.

Nakano will finally face the truth.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I'm glad Aya has finally managed to stop her perverted fantasies long enough to have a normal conversation with the guy she likes.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Guys, I don't think this is actually Toda's fantasy.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

They rarely involve Toda himself being lewd or doing/saying sexy things, though. It's a little weird to fantasize about yourself being sexy towards your love interest from their perspective (or at least to have that account for like 95% of your fantasies).

Two reasons she could be doing it:

She wants Toda to be fantasizing about her. She likes him and desperately wants him to have feelings for her.

She is fantasizing about having the courage to actually make these advances. She's extremely shy and couldn't really confront the guy she liked directly. Deluding herself into thinking it was Toda's fantasy lets her imagine herself making bold advances, while still having the cover of it not being her who really wants it to happen.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Tollymain posted:

funny theoretical: nakano ayako in kakegurui

*Yumeko does this elaborate and extremely hammy act about putting everything on the line*

Nakano (with an embarrassed and kind of pained expression): "...You have three aces and I have a full house. I win...."

The mood is now killed, both sides shuffle off awkwardly. Nakano finds a corner to cry into afterwards because of how painful that was for her.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

And with that face, I think we may have hit Peak Mana.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

I really hope this doesn't lead to "Nakano pushes everyone away out of insecurity"

But that's literally the entire plot of this manga.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

nooooooooooo!

This is the worst possible point!

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

:toot:

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Yashima is the best character and my friend, and I am mad at people forgetting him.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Is mana's hair ... tied into a bow with itself? :3:

It feels like that would be really painful to do/take out...

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Eldercain posted:

Can we delete the other characters and have adventures of aya and mana?

The other characters are good, actually.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

DrSunshine posted:

Aya has some pretty serious self-esteem issues, doesn't she? :( She's always managing to deflect the situation into being because of a perceived flaw in herself, or some mistake that she made. It's really sad.

It's all her fault! Toda at least has a vague excuse of not being sure if Aya likes him. Aya knows for a fact that they both like each other, yet still refuses to take any actions for...reasons?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

SatansBestBuddy posted:

She doesn't want people to know she can read minds.

Revealing that she knows he has a crush on her would lead to the question of "how?" and she might slip up and oust herself.

This also feeds back into her being just really passive on most issues, like when she wanted to keep the cat but couldn't bring herself to ask.

At this point it is literally just "Say or do ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING that would hint at you being interested." Like pretty much anything other than what she's currently doing would probably work.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I predict that this will end with her just wearing one of her terribleamazing shirts, and Toda liking it more.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Super Jay Mann posted:

You're a telepath, this is nothing a round of good ol' blackmail can't fix.

She can't even figure out how to use telepathy to cheat on tests properly, how the hell do you think she'll manage a felony properly?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

Who in the gently caress has to study so much they literally can't spare a few hours? Is the basic premise here that the exam is really soon and she just completely ignored it under the blind assumption she would get a recommendation? If so I guess she really did kinda gently caress this up.

I mean it was pretty well implied that she should've gotten the recommendation and the teacher screwed her over to play favorites...

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

All of this ignoring the part where she could just read the teacher's mind beforehand and know exactly what's going to be on the test. With maybe a couple clever leading questions.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Drunk Theory posted:

Ayamom is incredibly supportive of Ayako going on a date.

Just look how loving stoked she is!

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

kidcoelacanth posted:

This is cute as heck and all but how does Toda know about Sano?

A bit of a sudden time to end the manga, but this is a lovely epilogue :3:

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Brought To You By posted:

Toda directly acknowledges Sano in the daydream, so yeah. That just reinforces the notion that Aya was doing the brunt of the work. I'm sure the lewd was Toda's doing though...right?

"The Lewd Stuff Was All Toda" and Other Delusions of Nakano Ayako.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

ChairMaster posted:

It would take a poo poo load of way more direct coincidences for anyone to come to the conclusion that this random high school girl can read minds.

She'd have to do something ridiculous like make a cat noise.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

:argh:

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Revolver Bunker posted:

Wait. Are those cherry blossoms in panel 1 actually real or Aya mental fantasy blossoms because oh my god of they're all in her head. She's making her should shoujo manga dreams real!

They're in color, so they're probably Toda's

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

iospace posted:

Somewhere, Dis approves.

Who is "Somewhere" and why would they disapprove?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Yuri Telepathy has been revived!

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

yes

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Outside of the US, yes.

I always thought that was a weird way to say something is done by literally three other countries. Sometimes four, but usually they just forget Canada exists and mostly speaks American English.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

The Sandman posted:

He could become Mediumtax for a bit, I guess.

Also, likelihood that Aya says "screw it" and uses telepathy to cheat on the exams if the alternative is not getting into the same school as Toda-kun? Or that she ends up being seated adjacent to him in the exams and he fails them because he's distracted?

They've already established that cheating on exams with her powers doesn't work.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Everyone missing the main news...

The same fish returns!

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Eldercain posted:

Man if i had to go to lovely school for 12 hours 10 days in a row you better believe I'd be rocking pajamas

:same:

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

an actual dog posted:

S A M E

:shepspends:

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

WIN TER

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

JUST FCUKING DO IT ALREADY YOU GIANT TEENAGE IDIOT

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

It's the Stationary Store, Aya is attempting to buy a mechanism for stopping the progress of the plot.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Nalin posted:

I have NEVER seen a betrayal so shocking in my life.

Aye determined to turn this into a double homicide.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

:yeshaha:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

:same:, Momiji, :same: