Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Terper posted:

...aaand that's our cliffhanger for the coming future. We've caught up to the Japanese releases.

Sneezing is Nanako's indication that she's hungry?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

In japan it's an old superstition that if you sneeze, someone must be talking about you.

Also they don't have any kind of "bless you" when you sneeze.
Found that one out the awkward way.

That one I've heard about. Just found it amusing that that she didn't think someone was talking about her but rather it was an early indication of her need for food.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

MJP posted:

Sheerly out of curiosity, how many people in this thread watched Kotoura-san? It's more or less the same premise of involuntary telepathy on the part of the female lead, and it's surprisingly nicely done.

I watched and remember it not being too bad. Cept the grandfather, best to ignore that, but he doesn't really appear that often. Though Kotoura has a bit more emotional whiplash then Mousou does. Lots of empty eyes and scornful looks. I'd still recommend it.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Venuz Patrol posted:

children shouldn't be allowed to have ambitions until they're like 20. american and japanese school culture is hosed

I would extend that into the early 20s. I seriously didn't know what I wanted to do or why until 2nd year of college. If it wasn't for my counselor pushing me and talking with me I'm not sure where I would have ended up. Go Toda! Be the support Aya needs.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

PerrineClostermann posted:

I don't think any title can top Insufficient Mana, tbh

Mousou Telepathy: Intentional Mana Burn

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Nalin posted:

Mana burn doesn't exist anymore.

Aww...I've been out of the MTG loop for a few years.

I'm happy for Toda. Good on you. Aya has the best face in panel 3. :3:

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Little does he know...the troubles that brew within.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

This is an all too real feeling. :negative:

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Ytlaya posted:

I actually find her feelings here a bit hard to relate to, since my personal experience with being a depressed/anxious teenager consisted of constantly idolizing the possibility of a happy future in a different environment. Like I would constantly be imagining how future plan X would be the thing that would finally make me happy, whether it was college or graduate school or post-college work or whatever. "Things are doomed to always be bad" seems to be the sort of thing that would be the result of living a much longer time and having your hopes crushed repeatedly, and teenagers are too young to have that experience.

Depression and mental states definitely vary from person to person. I grew up in a super sheltered home where I wasn't allowed to see friends outside of school, wasn't really allowed to go out on my own or any social life. It was just study all the time because that's "all I needed" and I didn't need anything like friends or stuff like that; according to my parents. So when it came to college I went through the motions of applying because that's what I told to do but I had no ambitions of my own and no real hopes or dreams about my future. Its hard to have those when you're not given the chance to develop them on your own.

My issues aside Aya's seem to stem from her constantly hearing everyone else thoughts and ideas and never trusting her own thoughts as hers and not something she's adopted from someone else.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

kidcoelacanth posted:

This is cute as heck and all but how does Toda know about Sano?

This page better be repeated as an epilogue to this series or else I'm going to be really upset. :argh:

But mostly really sad. :smith:

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
One thing I noticed with the previous page where they're meeting up with the rest of the group. Sano asks how long they've been together and Ayako replies 3 years and there's a frame of her wedding ring. That is entirely her fantasy since Toda doesn't know that Mana is with Sano yet. Ayako is a lot thirstier then she realizes. :3:

Edit: I was right!

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

StandardVC10 posted:

Wavy-line mouth isn't much of a facial expression, but it is a facial expression. GJ Toda

Are you kidding? That's the most expressive we've seen him. He's practically having an emotional break down at this point. Just go hug her Toda and be done with it.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

SyntheticPolygon posted:

She doesn't sound particularly enthusiastic. Determined sure, but she seems aware it's not something she will exactly enjoy.

I think her little joint fantasy with Toda on where they could be, (ie: Together, Married, All Lovey Dovey), has motivated her as her goal to reach. College is just the stepping stone.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

This is why the lesson for anything you work on the computer is "Save and Save often!"

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

:allears: This is the best.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Wait. Are those cherry blossoms in panel 1 actually real or Aya mental fantasy blossoms because oh my god of they're all in her head. She's making her should shoujo manga dreams real!

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Aya's mom is thirsty on her behalf.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Eldercain posted:

Mana for protagonist 2019

I am expecting Mana to find a way to lock both Aya and Toda in a classroom/gym storage/cabin/beach house/cave/car/all of the above. But it'll fail initially only for it to succeed by chance.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Huzzah! posted:

Mousuo Telepathy anime when?

I'd be okay with it being those 5-7 minute shorts with a minute and a half opening and ending.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Captain Invictus posted:

A mana. A carol. A najimi.

Mousou, Tomo, which daily comic is Najimi from? What other comic should I be reading?

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Komi-san wa komyu desho (just go to mangadex and search komi-san) (because i can't remember the spelling of the whole title, dunno if that's correct)

Thanks! I have more reading to do now.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I saw new posts and thought there was a new comic today. Only to remember after I clicked that its on a long break. :negative:

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Drunk Theory posted:

Man, if that's his reaction to her asking him out, I really want to see the reaction to the telepathy reveal.

:screaming loudly internally:

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Brought To You By posted:

You better beleaf I saw what you did there.

Yes, but whom of them will get hugged?

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

kidcoelacanth posted:

The "ufufufu" in panel 4 is implied

Or is it the more powerful "ara ara ara" that she's using?

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Pull up! Pull up!!! Don't you dare pull a Tomo on us.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Super Jay Mann posted:

Oh. Well this changes things.

https://twitter.com/NOBEL827/status/1245666122730319872

Um.

It's fine! Really, it's totally fine. Honest :sweatdrop:

Each item of clothes individually is fine. Just when you put them all together like that.... and add color. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I'm sad that it's the end but it was a nice ending overall. The mind reading reveal was perfect for the group and Mana is still the best. Now to see how the Komi and Kaguya manga playout.