Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Excellent. I like how, run-down or not, Karnaca is so beautiful and Medditerannean-looking compared to Dunwall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Bloodflies aren't as big a danger to you, the player, as they seem to be to everyone else in the game. Let's just chalk it up to us being a total badass.

The man-eating rats in the first game were imported from Pandyssia, and these bloodflies are, I think, suspected to come from there too? And it had poison hedgehogs according to one of the logs you find. I guess Pandyssia is basically this world's version of Australia.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I do like all the weird animal life; one of the neater things of the original Thief: The Dark Project was it had burrucks, these giant lizards that belched methane gas at you. Just an unusual type of critter reinforcing that this is a weird setting.

Thank god there are no River Krusks in Karnaca...

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I tried taking out the Crown Killer with a number of other abilities, but it seems they're immune to everything. They're downright superpowered.

When I used Emily's Mesmerize on the Crown Killer, she said "No. My mind is altogether different!" and stuff like "No match for the brutal spirit!" Whatever she is, she's stronger than THE VOID.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Oh, this is a tricky level. I remember this one.

• Locked thread