Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
Excellent, another Arkane game LP! I've been following your LPs since Bloodborne and I like your style, so I'll be sure to follow this one as well. I like how you're thoroughly showing off the many styles you can get through the levels, and all the nooks and crannies one can find by just looking hard enough! Also, the art direction is superb, the game looks gorgeous. I really like the way Dunwall looks, it's really something uncanny. Like a Dickens novel, but with electrical tramlines is the closest way I can find to describe it.
The only big downer for me is that they kept that stiff voice acting from the original, I have no clue why. Maybe it's a thematic choice? Either way, it never worked for me before and I have a hard time with it now. Emily and Corvo, at least, do seem to emote, and they do pretty well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
Well, that stiffness and flat delivery is completely absent in Prey, so all I'm left with is deliberate choice. Maybe they thought that with a washed-out colour palette like Dunwall is painted with, people would also be more grey, and have less expression? I don't know, I got nothing. Maybe they were going with a worldbuilding thing? Where Dunwall is a terrible place that drains the feeling out of you, and also the prevailing etiquette is kind of a British, stiff-upper-lip, take it all on the chin.

mortons stork fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Sep 10, 2017

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
I feel a lot of Naples in the Karnaca skyline seen from the coast. Pretty great, actually.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
Well, that was a fitting punishment for Jindosh, no doubt. He was so fascinated by the lights going out of his subjects' eyes, he got to experience it in the first person. Too bad he couldn't also gain any more useful knowledge out of it.

I would say that this non-lethal elimination is morally gray, yes, maybe even cruel beyond belief but it he brought it upon himself fully. I like a little bit of Dantean 'contrappasso' in these sorts of narratives. It is also fitting, this being ultimately a revenge narrative, that none of the outcomes of your actions be particularly pleasant for anyone involved.

I sincerely hope there's not another selling a Boyle into a dungeon forever, though. That made me squirm in my seat when I heard it, and is the reason I never finished a Dishonored non-lethal run.

• Locked thread