Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Trogglodyte posted:

There have been two official sex scenes in Kamen Rider and both are completely different ends of the spectrum while still being incredibly unhinged, and both are written by Inoue. I now realize he was not being homophobic with the Rider Time Ryuki scene, he genuinely just thinks every sex scene should leave you bug-eyed in bewilderment.

"In another place, Ishihashi, Jun, and Miyuki are preapring a barbecue. Ishihashi asks Miyuki for some spices to eat with his steak, only to be stabbed by the latter with a knife. He grabs Jun's hand for help, but he is stabbed another time by Jun. His body then disintegrates. Miyuki and Jun later have sex in private."

I know I watched this 3 parter but now I need to do it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://twitter.com/Evelyn_Kanna18/status/1766459558497866003?t=XYGJbj4CD1y9miaPRc1usQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/Evelyn_Kanna18/status/1766460291808968748?t=XJrs1YDhCAoxKW_kCq_f6w&s=19

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Paradise Regained was good but surprisingly restrained compared to Paradise Lost's 12-car pileup of a plot.

I was a little uncomfortable in how it treated the women characters at times, but that might have been just it having soap opera sensibilities?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Mari's level of agency puts Paradise Regained above 90% of Rider shows between 2000 and 2020.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
True and the movie would have been GOATOAT if only Jotaro had given her the Delta gear after he tossed Takumi the Faiz gear.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Schwarzwald posted:

True and the movie would have been GOATOAT if only Jotaro had given her the Delta gear after he tossed Takumi the Faiz gear.

I mean, she gets to fight in suit anyway. The "rider" identity would have just made her another Delta footnote user, instead of being her own cool thing.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Yes but I like the Delta suit.

edit: less spuriously, I'm still salty OG Faiz killed off Saya's character to give her suit to some guy, and Regained again has a women rider killed off so a dude can take her suit. Like, I do get the plot reasons it happens and I can appreciate that the other dude doesn't survive either, but it does leave a bad taste in my mouth. The film might be an improvement over the mean but it could still be a lot better.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Mar 10, 2024

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

BoonBoomger continues to be great

Love Mira’s ranger pose

Boondorio precious robot/alien buddy, 10/10 would love to try his curry

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also the villains are basically Team Rocket from the Pokemon anime and I love it.

But yeah, Mira is the best character aside from Boon and Taiya is apparently the richest man on earth

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

The ending is amazing too, just Boondorio singing karaoke while everyone dances in the background :allears:

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
She played the partner to a sentient robot once, now she is the robot.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Justin_Brett posted:

She played the partner to a sentient robot once, now she is the robot.

If you’re talking about Rica Matsumoto this is actually the second time she’s played a Sentai robot:

https://powerrangers.fandom.com/wiki/Arthur_G6

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

SgtSteel91 posted:

The ending is amazing too, just Boondorio singing karaoke while everyone dances in the background :allears:

The return of ED dances! Their choreography also clearly shows that they'll have a 6th in the lineup.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

The return of ED dances! Their choreography also clearly shows that they'll have a 6th in the lineup.

That’s already been confirmed via leaks, we don’t have any pictures but apparently he’s Violet and modeled after an F1 racer

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I;m thinking about thos Boonboomgers

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Boonboomger fandom is dying

Repost this if you're a real Booner

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Big question:

Bun or Boon

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Boonboomger has been the official spelling for months.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Caphi posted:

Boonboomger has been the official spelling for months.

Then why isn't it BoonRed?

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Xelkelvos posted:

Then why isn't it BoonRed?

Why is it Kiramager but Kiramai? Because it's all made up and frequently by multiple different people. The various versions of ブン mean different things but the only one that can be said to be "correct" is in the same sense as any proper noun can be "correct."

Must be convenient to be Gotchard where all the main toys have their proper English names both clearly printed on them and prominently displayed on screen for branding purposes.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Caphi posted:

Why is it Kiramager but Kiramai? Because it's all made up and frequently by multiple different people. The various versions of ブン mean different things but the only one that can be said to be "correct" is in the same sense as any proper noun can be "correct."

Must be convenient to be Gotchard where all the main toys have their proper English names both clearly printed on them and prominently displayed on screen for branding purposes.

Thems the perks of being the favorite child and also just making up words all of the time.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

As a Digimon fan, I am well aware that Toei and Bandai are absolutely terrible at romanizing and tend to not only get things wrong, but also contradict themselves and each other, sometimes in the same sentence.

The boon/boom/bun thing is not surprising.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1767750050728604024

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ASJ should have stuck to knocking off check cashing companies or whatever it was.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also stealing huge sums of money from Covid relief funds

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Larryb posted:

Also stealing huge sums of money from Covid relief funds

I didn't know about the COVID stuff. I just remembered when it came out ASJ had stolen money and people were all "oh no!" and the chaser was from a check cashing company and people were all "nothing to be done."

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, dude’s a Class S moron by all accounts

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 28 days!)

getting caught on the covid relief funds, must have sucked at it, cause no one was checking that stuff. so many people got free checks by just hitting submit

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Mar 15, 2024

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

JDF may have basically made a career out of being in one show in 1993, but it was at least an honest living

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
it's kind of a shame that we've lost 3 in some way.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."
I just love the whole entire aesthetic of Boonboomger continues being Red and Blue being cool, competent, and suave while Pink is a huge lovable confusing dork.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Both Garo and Gotchard featured a gate to a dark dimension opening this week. That is a very strange coincidence.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's more uncommon when that doesn't happen in an episode of garo.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's more uncommon when that doesn't happen in an episode of garo.

Not the usual Garo gate, to be fair.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Gotchard, as of episode 27, is on his fourth suit upgrade.

1st: UFO-X, XRex
2nd: burning
3rd: Tenliner
4th: most recent one

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
There's probably some weird production reason for Iron Gotchard because unless he just can't use Platinum all the time he only had Iron as his best form for what, two fights?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of Gotchard, the movie that first introduced Majade isn’t out on DVD/subbed yet is it?

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Justin_Brett posted:

There's probably some weird production reason for Iron Gotchard because unless he just can't use Platinum all the time he only had Iron as his best form for what, two fights?

Yes, this is all standard for the roughly-Reiwa pattern of the transitional midyear form with a drawback that is completed by the next toy. Hazard, Metal Cluster, the dragon one from Saber I think, Jack Revice, Boost 2.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Xelkelvos posted:

Gotchard, as of episode 27, is on his fourth suit upgrade.

1st: UFO-X, XRex
2nd: burning
3rd: Tenliner
4th: most recent one

I wouldn't say this is even that bad if all of them didn't feel like they got far less use than they should have. They all had far more interesting concepts than executions and it's pretty lame to see.

During the first part of the show, Hotaro would get about three forms per episode. It was insane, especially because we knew they wouldn't be seen again and they rarely felt earned. But then it went into the power-ups and promised far more than it delivered, going the complete opposite direction.

-Super: Each of the Level Number 10 Chemies would theoretically give Gotchard a new form and power, thus it could give ten forms - we get two. 1/5th of the forms it could've given. Both X-Rex and UFO-X were really neat too, so it's a shame. The movie tries to fix it by just throwing five in into a single form with Star Gotchard but then it's never used again. Worst of all, it may be better that way: if it had been used in the series, it'd be to get destroyed since the series was already setting up Fire Gotchard at that point.
-Fire: Upgraded versions of the basic forms means this could've given an insane amount of forms itself. It's Kuuga Rising or Build Hazard, after all, you expect it to take at least a decent amount of the original forms. Again, two. loving two. Worse, the second debuts in Rinne's first Rider episode (in-series, since she first transformed in the movie) and takes the spotlight she desperately needed. Just a mess all around.
-Iron: Unlike the previous ones, there wasn't a lot to this, it was just one form with no other options. It could combine other Chemy powers so it would've been nice to see it more than once but it's less of an issue than the previous tiers. What is an issue is that it jobbed in nearly every fight it got but that's life for a form that was never meant to matter, I guess.

We'll see how Platinum develops. At the very least, this one fight was insanely cool, switching through Chemy powers like it did. I'm sure we'll never see that again but it was very enjoyable, which is not something I say about Gotchard frequently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M.Matsuda
May 9, 2014

May the Sacred Flame shine forth!

Larryb posted:

Speaking of Gotchard, the movie that first introduced Majade isn’t out on DVD/subbed yet is it?

not until April