Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Blaze Dragon posted:

I wouldn't say this is even that bad if all of them didn't feel like they got far less use than they should have. They all had far more interesting concepts than executions and it's pretty lame to see.

-Super: Each of the Level Number 10 Chemies would theoretically give Gotchard a new form and power, thus it could give ten forms - we get two. 1/5th of the forms it could've given.The movie tries to fix it by just throwing five in into a single form with Star Gotchard but then it's never used again.
-Fire: Upgraded versions of the basic forms means this could've given an insane amount of forms itself. It's Kuuga Rising or Build Hazard, after all, you expect it to take at least a decent amount of the original forms. Again, two. loving two.

We'll see how Platinum develops. At the very least, this one fight was insanely cool, switching through Chemy powers like it did. I'm sure we'll never see that again but it was very enjoyable, which is not something I say about Gotchard frequently.

Genuinely, why would you want Gotchard to get more forms at this point? Hotaro already takes all of the oxygen out of the room with how much focus he gets, and additional forms would just warrant more focus. If anything, I wish he had fewer forms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Everything I hear about Gotchard seems to make my decision to not bother after the first episode to have been a good one

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

drrockso20 posted:

Everything I hear about Gotchard seems to make my decision to not bother after the first episode to have been a good one

It's the kinda bad that's unambitious which is probably the worst kind of bad to be in terms of viewing.

Caphi posted:

Yes, this is all standard for the roughly-Reiwa pattern of the transitional midyear form with a drawback that is completed by the next toy. Hazard, Metal Cluster, the dragon one from Saber I think, Jack Revice, Boost 2.

Looking at the episodes where forms show up, it does indeed seem to be the case that this is where the draw back super happens and then transitions to the penultimate form. Presumably, there's only the Final form left, but there's a not indistinct possibility that there's another form shoved in there somewhere. There's also at least three more Riders that are probably gonna show up, if not as actual riders, then doohickeys on the belt like "Kamen Rider Wind" to do the other classical elements before they presumably unite for Hotarou's final form as Kamen Rider Aether or something.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

King of Solomon posted:

Genuinely, why would you want Gotchard to get more forms at this point? Hotaro already takes all of the oxygen out of the room with how much focus he gets, and additional forms would just warrant more focus. If anything, I wish he had fewer forms.

I don't want him to get more forms, I just wish the ones he had were used better. There was potential there that was wasted in favour of selling more toys.

Xelkelvos posted:

There's also at least three more Riders that are probably gonna show up, if not as actual riders, then doohickeys on the belt like "Kamen Rider Wind" to do the other classical elements before they presumably unite for Hotarou's final form as Kamen Rider Aether or something.

You're missing the actual meaning of Fuga being Wind. It isn't about the classic elements, it's about his relationship with the younger Riders, and I think this is actually clever.

(Fire) Gotchard, Majade Sununicorn and Valvarad all share the same basic element: fire. Even their song points it out. Fire is important for chemistry and alchemy, it's not a random choice. Fuga is, however, Wind. He's not a part of the modern era, his place is not at their side. His wind feeds and strengthens their fire, as their mentor and the one who created the Rider systems in the first place.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Soul Caliber 6 Boonboomger lol

https://x.com/k2batto/status/1770446192050389290?s=20

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://x.com/livedoornews/status/1771301831836389692?s=20

Minori Terada (Ryubee Sonozaki in W and Sui Asakura in Geed) has passed

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This video is the definition of throwing your action figures against each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD16YrAX1t0

Trogglodyte
Apr 5, 2015

Infinite Darkness
King-Ohger (And Zero-One, and Build, and Ex-Aid, and Drive, and Kyoryuger) chief producer Takahito Omori has officially resigned from Toei.
https://twitter.com/takahito_omori/status/1774360988286071113
Quick and dirty TL:

Takahito Omori posted:

Today, I resigned from the company I worked for for 21 years.

I've been sowing seeds for all the future works I can think of, including screening the final three episodes of Kings.I hope they bud and bloom...

However, I will continue to work as a producer, and I hope that I will be able to meet you again through my work someday.

Thank you again.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."
Boonboomger continues to be fun. I just love how the as they keep on recruiting members they become more and more unhinged. The amount of screaming was on par with an episode of DBZ.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

This is apparently not a joke (King-Ohger/Dekaranger crossover special but Yanma will be the only representative of the former):

https://youtube.com/watch?v=9F6I1Dwl1R4

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Larryb posted:

This is apparently not a joke (King-Ohger/Dekaranger crossover special but Yanma will be the only representative of the former):

https://youtube.com/watch?v=9F6I1Dwl1R4

Aw. Ayumi Kinoshita seems down for whatever usually.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Personally, the king I would have picked to team up with the Dekarangers is Gira Has-tea.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

MadScientistWorking posted:

Boonboomger continues to be fun. I just love how the as they keep on recruiting members they become more and more unhinged. The amount of screaming was on par with an episode of DBZ.

:yeah:

https://x.com/battywanderer/status/1775197773228597712?s=46

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I've been in a bit of a depressive funk, haven't been following Boomboomger but when people say it's insane (in a good way), is it less crazy than Donbrothers was, or more crazy, or equally so?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's definitely not as crazy as Donbrothers, but more crazy than King-Ohger. I'd say it's about Zenkaiger level.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
What do you mean by "crazy"? Boonboomger is basically a normal Sentai where a team of teenagers young working adults with attitude repeatedly saves Tokyo from being terrorized by a bunch of goofy aliens. It's got a fairly interesting team dynamic, particularly high energy levels, and a wacky-races gimmick that is TBA how much it'll stick, but right now it's not playing entirely its own game like the seasons of high-concept fantasy, farcical intrigue, or even whatever was going on with Zenkaiger's multi-team structure. What we're back to is Kiramager where we've got a stout and orthodox Sentai with a fun cast and wacky machines.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The fun part is despite being totally awesome, the fight choreography isn’t anything new for sentai. I’m sure I’ve seen that shooting segment before in the lupin ranger series.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Caphi posted:

What do you mean by "crazy"? Boonboomger is basically a normal Sentai where a team of teenagers young working adults with attitude repeatedly saves Tokyo from being terrorized by a bunch of goofy aliens. It's got a fairly interesting team dynamic, particularly high energy levels, and a wacky-races gimmick that is TBA how much it'll stick, but right now it's not playing entirely its own game like the seasons of high-concept fantasy, farcical intrigue, or even whatever was going on with Zenkaiger's multi-team structure. What we're back to is Kiramager where we've got a stout and orthodox Sentai with a fun cast and wacky machines.

Yeah, it’s no goofier than any other vehicle Sentai (except Turboranger which took itself fairly seriously as I recall). The main villain trio is basically Team Rocket from the Pokemon anime in all the best ways

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
boonboomger lets the pink be the hotblooded dumbass and I support both the show and the character. I also like how the fights are less CG/bullet time than the fights in king ohger

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I also like that they’ve gone back to using practical sets and locations (I loved King-Ohger but almost the entire show was green screened)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Larryb posted:

Yeah, it’s no goofier than any other vehicle Sentai (except Turboranger which took itself fairly seriously as I recall). The main villain trio is basically Team Rocket from the Pokemon anime in all the best ways

Yeah, it reminded me a lot of Go-Onger (which is the only other vehicle Sentai I've seen at the risk of doing the 'this movie feels an awful lot like Boss Baby' thing).

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, it reminded me a lot of Go-Onger (which is the only other vehicle Sentai I've seen at the risk of doing the 'this movie feels an awful lot like Boss Baby' thing).

Watch Carranger and Kiramager, they’re both really good

GoGoV and Boukenger are also good if those count as vehicle Sentai (though I’m not sure if anyone besides TVN ever got around to fully subbing the latter)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Apr 3, 2024

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Leraika posted:

boonboomger lets the pink be the hotblooded dumbass and I support both the show and the character. I also like how the fights are less CG/bullet time than the fights in king ohger

Hotblooded and terminally silly. Just goofin around while also devastating the monsters

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Hotblooded and terminally silly. Just goofin around while also devastating the monsters

She’s kind of like Haruka except less of a terrible person (though part of DonBrothers’ charm was that most of the team were kind of lovely human beings in one way or another)

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Larryb posted:

She’s kind of like Haruka except less of a terrible person (though part of DonBrothers’ charm was that most of the team were kind of lovely human beings in one way or another)

This is one of the reasons why I dropped it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

They're actually all cool and good.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
The Boonboom dynamic thus far is Mira being super excited about everything, Chasshiro being super exasperated all the time, and now it looks like Joe is gonna be super straight-laced, with Taiya kicking back and drinking it all in to his grand enjoyment

I assume the orange guy is gonna be super smug all the time

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

They're actually all cool and good.

My loving ADHD brain has big problems when people will not tell me answers to questions I ask them and the whole thing of Momotaro ranger not telling the other rangers why he's being a huge rear end in a top hat towards them really rubbed me the wrong way. I don't like hate watching stuff that I came to enjoy.

Zenkaiger was great because it was always positive. :unsmith:

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

I adore DonBrothers but if you want a series that answers all of the questions it asks...it's probably not for you. The series leaves some plot threads dangling until the very end, and one plot thread in particular just never gets an answer at all, and the crossover movie even kind of mocks you for wanting one. I will say, though, that despite its premise of "Seinfeld, but also Super Sentai", the overall series is positive.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

My loving ADHD brain has big problems when people will not tell me answers to questions I ask them and the whole thing of Momotaro ranger not telling the other rangers why he's being a huge rear end in a top hat towards them really rubbed me the wrong way. I don't like hate watching stuff that I came to enjoy.

Zenkaiger was great because it was always positive. :unsmith:

They all deserved and needed a solid guiding leader.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

OnimaruXLR posted:

The Boonboom dynamic thus far is Mira being super excited about everything, Chasshiro being super exasperated all the time, and now it looks like Joe is gonna be super straight-laced, with Taiya kicking back and drinking it all in to his grand enjoyment

I assume the orange guy is gonna be super smug all the time

Joe is straight-laced but also super excited and serious at the same time. He's a little like Patren #1

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Of possible interest, caught this channel is doing a retrospective of all the Super Sentai stuff in chronological order, starting all the way back with Goranger: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQH4LyHFgGw

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuRlaOC1vNY

Ultraman Arc

July 6

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

More info:

https://twitter.com/ultraman_series/status/1776007110041665554

The transformation device is a cube that's spun around like a Rubik's ala Zyuohger

https://news.tokunation.com/2024/04/04/first-ultraman-arc-trailer-released-77150

Larryb fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Apr 5, 2024

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I, for one, am very excited for Ultraman Puzzlebox. I also like that Arc's design seems pretty basic and scaled back compared to recent shows

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Transformation sequence:

https://twitter.com/Sherotoku/status/1776021640843055254

Arc’s design is kind of giving me Jet Jaguar vibes for some reason

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Ultraman henshins stay too long and full of slow movement because the device is complicated and weird.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Oh hell yeah :c00l:

The suit looks good- I dig the black accents

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Beta Capsule had it right, just a little stick with a lightbulb and a button.

drat now I wasnt a transformation item thats just a magical girl wand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Arc will apparently have kaiju armor ala Ultraman X

https://twitter.com/Sherotoku/status/1776042280920723672