Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Yeah it's not the same.. cos one is free and the other you have to purchase Keys for with irl money like it's 2010 TF2 lmao

you got overwatch for free? noice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

this game is definitely bad because it's a dayz mod designed for epic multiplayer battles and streams, and everyone who plays it is suffering from some kind of delusional disorder and psychosis, and should seek professional help. to all others not receiving psychological counseling and/or ssris, please consider playing any of the thousands of other videogames currently available such as super mario brothers, pacman, burgur time, galaxian, space harrier, etc.

lmao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

you got overwatch for free? noice

:razz:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Yeah it's not the same.. cos one is free and the other you have to purchase Keys for with irl money like it's 2010 TF2 lmao

the cosmetics are in the background and dont matter at all cause youre gonna change clothes and be covered in armor in the actual game

bet your rear end dumbasses still buy those keys though and you can make a few quick bucks selling crates the game hands you for playing it lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

you're imagining it to be a bigger problem or distraction than it actually is, i think

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

HolePisser1982 posted:

you're imagining it to be a bigger problem or distraction than it actually is, i think

Not a distraction at all, which is why they give away gold coins at the end of the match and have a market place for digital jeans.... and no, trust me, they will never sell anything that gives an advantage, because people wouldn't buy that

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

extremebuff posted:

the cosmetics are in the background and dont matter at all cause youre gonna change clothes and be covered in armor in the actual game

bet your rear end dumbasses still buy those keys though and you can make a few quick bucks selling crates the game hands you for playing it lol

Those dumbasses, who wouldn't love to make money playing games?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i think its epic that the cosmetics rn are TSHIRT. BLUE JEANS. BLACK JEANS. SKIRT. and the skirt goes for 300 dollars

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm not against l00tboxes to be honest, but I do have a problem with a game that will forever be in "early access" selling cosmetics that are then turned around by Valve AIDS infested gamers for thousands of dollars which ultimately ends up ruining the game entirely. Like just go gambling nigga, and leave my pure hobby alone.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

extremebuff posted:

i think its epic that the cosmetics rn are TSHIRT. BLUE JEANS. BLACK JEANS. SKIRT. and the skirt goes for 300 dollars
lmfao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

IdealFlaws posted:

I love landing next to people and chasing them around punching the back of their head while they try and find their first gun to shoot me with

https://clips.twitch.tv/GoldenSmokyLegShadyLulu

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

paying for lootboxes in an early access after youve already paid for the privilege of beta testing the game ftw

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

first person is the way to go, a lot scarier, people cant just hide in a corner and line up the perfect shot on you lol. idk why its not just how the game plays instead of being a separate mode

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Liquid Drink posted:

If there was one thing I'd change, I would give this game a more cartoony style and have numbers pop out of people when you hit them so you know you are doing damage

Lol

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

paying for lootboxes in an early access after youve already paid for the privilege of beta testing the game ftw

Pickle Rick ftw as well

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Liquid Drink posted:

Pickle Rick ftw as well

lol

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Liquid Drink posted:

Pickle Rick ftw as well

This.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Liquid Drink posted:

Pickle Rick ftw as well

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Liquid Drink posted:

Pickle Rick ftw as well

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'm not against l00tboxes to be honest, but I do have a problem with a game that will forever be in "early access" selling cosmetics that are then turned around by Valve AIDS infested gamers for thousands of dollars which ultimately ends up ruining the game entirely. Like just go gambling nigga, and leave my pure hobby alone.

I agree but I'm also against lootboxes in general. But I also love Splatoon. But that doesn't have any way to spend money on it. Being a gamer is a land of gray areas

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

even though i hate that valve now charges for literally everything in csgo (weapon skins, gloves, tags, stickers, naming a weapon, operation passes to get more loots boxes you still have to pay to open) im still grateful that its all purely cosmetic and doesnt affect the gameplay in anyway

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Bro the game rewards you 9 coins at the end of a fifty minute match. It takes 8000 to buy a crate. This is forcing players to buy keys how exactly?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

You don't buy keys from what I can tell guys. Goodbye.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

You don't buy keys from what I can tell guys. Goodbye.

The keys were temporary. So that the time limited Loot can appreciate on teh valve marketplace over time and make them a million dollarts on people swapping cosmetic jpegs for increasing dollar amounts and never patch or update the game.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Supreme X PUBG

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Hat comes with download code

general anime
Jan 8, 2013

by Lowtax
I think the game is OK

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

extremebuff posted:

first person is the way to go, a lot scarier, people cant just hide in a corner and line up the perfect shot on you lol. idk why its not just how the game plays instead of being a separate mode

It was always weird that DayZ kept it in because every other popular pvp mission has it restricted to first person only, unless it has vehicles since landing a helicopter in first person is rear end since arma doesn't have useful flight gauges like a real flight sim would

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Speaking of lootboxes I heard that Destiny has made the most insanely hosed system so far, with an ingame shop whose only currency is obtained by destroying loot box items and by cosmetics being single use instead of being able to switch.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

http://www.eurogamer.net/amp/2017-09-07-destiny-2-has-a-microtransaction-problem

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Plutonis posted:

Speaking of lootboxes I heard that Destiny has made the most insanely hosed system so far, with an ingame shop whose only currency is obtained by destroying loot box items and by cosmetics being single use instead of being able to switch.

The era of the loot box is over

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

*crawling on the floor out of breath and bright pink* He punch man

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Plutonis posted:

lmfao apparently the shaders come in sets of 3, which you have to apply individually to all 4 parts of your armor

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

My favorite part is the gameplay, but you can't forget the fantastic story, the multiplayer, the well designed combat, the part where everyone loads in slowly and shoots each other for no damage in the beginning and all the sound lags and just really *pops* ya know, and then who could forget the plane, and dropping out and finding a weapon and shooting a guy or the driving (my favorite part) or swimming, hell this game has everything I could want in a game, including paid clothing like Playstation Home in 2008

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Good poo poo killing that poor, scared chinaman with your fists... missed that clip the first time I read the thread.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Worm chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Poor, scared Asian-American*

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
my fistfighting strategy is 100% dependent on landing a flying punch to their head. i cant handle people that just strafe around punching like in the twitch clip...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Fight like a man Volgin

• Locked thread