Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

New England Motorworks Will be bringing a new trio of cars (staying out of Group A this time)

On a related note, for some reason numbers in fuel burn calculator are not updating for me in Excel (running the 2016 version)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Danny Glands posted:

Also 7zip isn't able to open your RAR file.

I had no problems

Also, I can say right now my prototype entry will be using a CRT body. The engine I made is slightly too big for the Scorcher's engine bay.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

The Boston Globe posted:

Dorchester, MA - Engineers were seen leaving the New England Motorworks Design Center bleary-eyed this morning, reportedly up all night trying to design a new engine for the SASC Prototype class after their first try - an all-new, 6.6L twin turbo V8 based on their popular Y2B engine block - wouldn't fit in any of the available chassis.

"It just wouldn't fit. The numbers said it would fit, the rules said it would fit, but when we went to put it in the CRT-90's engine bay, the turbos kept hitting the sides. What were they thinking, playing with turbos? Now let me get the [expletive] to Dunks." said one engineer who (in this reporter's opinion) wished to remain anonymous.

Reports indicate the new engine - an all-new, naturally aspirated 9.9L V12 dubbed B3A603NAR and Codenamed "New Hampshire" due to its 603 cubic inch displacement being the same as the state's area code - has exceeded racing division president Lewis Jackson's required power output of 1000bhp, however some engineers have expressed doubts regarding the engine's reliability, especially with the upcoming opener at Daytona.

Still, Jackson remains optimistic. "It's been 4 years since this city [Boston] has raised a championship banner of any sort. My hope is to bring one for motor racing to this facility."

Work is also reportedly being carried out with the company's new Kancamagus model for the class B and C entries at the company's facility in a former cotton mill in Lowell, Massachusetts.

*Meta time - URL is provided for background on car name (tl;dr: A scenic highway in New Hampshire). Also, reminder that 1990 is the first year the chicanes on the Mulsanne Straight were used at Le Mans.

Kilonum fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Sep 7, 2017

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Every challenge I've done up until this one, I built the car then stuffed in an engine.

This time I built the engines then made a car around them. (except for the prototype)

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

The Boston Globe posted:

LOWELL - New England Motorworks today unveiled their new Kancamagus GT supercar today, stating they already had sold out the first year's production of the hand-built, mid-engine all wheel drive coupe, designed to go 215mph. The company will also be campaigning the model in the upcoming SASC championship, in both the Group B (as the Kancamagus GTB) and in the Group C (as the Kancamagus GTO) classes.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Dance Officer posted:

As far as I know morphing the body does nothing for engine bay volume. I am running a much older version though, so it might be a new feature that I simply don't have.

@Kilonum, you have fitted your group B entry with something other then AWD, yes?

yeah, my group B has RWD and only slightly more horsepower (though produced more efficiently).

I've also made a Group A, here is the road legal variant (shockingly, same time on the Airfield test track as the 2004 BMW M3 CSL got on TGTT)

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

(performance redacted from racing models)

Wearing ear protection around my racecars is strongly advised.

Kilonum fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Sep 11, 2017

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Both of my road cars going around

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Dance Officer posted:

I was expecting my entries to be pretty competitive but drat

:same:

Also, I haven't gotten an email

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

With the small size of the Prototype field, anyone can win there :stare:

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

First race all my cars managed to finish (despite the 993's best efforts)

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Just FYI both Montreal and Watkins are the closest my team have to a home race (both being a roughly 6 hour drive from Boston)

Prob gonna submit new engines for all my entries this weekend, been too busy with work and pre-PAX Unplugged stuff (still busy with the latter, but not as much) the past few weeks.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

MrChips posted:

This is hopefully the last challenge on the Kee engine, ever. Just remember that any problems you guys have had are amplified thirty-six times on my end of this challenge :derp:

I'm not sure if you've noticed it but I've noticed a bug in the UE4 version that changes the bore or stroke (not sure which right now, been a bit since I opened it last) and thus fucks with compression, and by extension, octane rating and power.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

MrChips posted:

Really? I haven't seen that yet. Make sure you report it in the UE4 Bugs thread on the Automation forums.

lol I got it wrong, it's a VVL engine bug, it lowers the Cam Profile. also only seems to affect V16s. I did report it.

And too bad we aren't using the UE4 version now, my protos would be rocking V16s.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

Kafouille posted:

Slow and steady boys, we're leading GrA despite finishing on podium in only one race.

the Keke Rosberg of SASC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

I fully expect at least one kangaroo initiated crash in the finale :colbert:

• Locked thread