Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
Haha, glad i caught this one in time. Now to make something worthy of wearing KRG orange again.

EDIT : First attempt at group A needs work, it's theoretically fast and neutral but the driver has not said a word since he stepped out after the first lap. 210kw in a 750kg FWD box may be a bit much. (My first attempt at a racecar that actually managed a 0 drivability rating)

Kafouille fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Sep 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
In collaboration with Toyoba, KRG engineering is happy to present to you the Toyoba-KRG Origami. Powered by the well known 1NZ-EGH V6 mounted amidship, tuned for sports use by the KRG team, the lightweight 2 seater coupe offers the best in driving pleasure while remaining economical and user friendly. You can now enjoy driving performance with the peace of mind of Toyoba's engineering and reliability record.

In accordance, the KRG team will be entering the Origami in the SASC 90' championship in the Group A category.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
Whoa, GrA is looking like it's going to be one hell of a brawl, 9 cars within 15s after 2h of racing.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
Man my Group B entry is surprisingly competitive for a thrown together last minute entry of a heavy rear end sedan

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
Goddamn, matching downforce with suspension tunning is dark magic, the settings that go fast make no sense.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
I had given a try at your challenge when you first posted it, i got it down to 2:07:35
The car is technically legal but has absolutely awful reliability.
It can probably get sub 2:07 but i kinda gave up when it became clear that it would never see the 2:05's

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7ZZcFqBHX1cZ01sTDVabWduY0U/view?usp=sharing

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
I expected better from the Origami, it obviously needs an aero revision. On the other hand the Altjezzas are again surpassing expectations, as this was to be a shakedown year for the KRG group B efforts.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
Alright, i think i can consider this a decent result for KRG, top 5 in both classes and a perfect reliability record in a high speed speed 24h race.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
So far, unspectacular but consistent seems to be worth it.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
Haha, never even got a podium finish, nevermind a win, yet KRG is leading the Class A championship :toot:

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
This week is going to be difficult for KRG, i don't think we have quite the pace on the really fast tracks

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
Aw come on Altjezzas, you weight 1.3 tons if you're going to play Turn One Hero do it properly :argh:

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
Nuuuuu my GrB second place ! And i'm probably going to lose the GrA lead next race too, my cars are not too competitive in this second half of the season.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
That GrA engine failure hurts, KRG can't afford a DNF on a 24h high points race. I think this is it for the chances of the Origami this season, sadly.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
Slow and steady boys, we're leading GrA despite finishing on podium in only one race.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
The strategy of being consistently mediocre does seem to have benefits.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
Well this is a surprise on both ends, an unexpected victory for the Origamis in GrA but both Altjezzas retiring in GrB is disapointing. I fully expect to get murdered at Fuji so Bathurst is going to be interesting.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
And it's in the bag :toot: . Slow and steady does win the race (sometimes).

Thanks Mr Chips for the racing, it was awesome, as always.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
The V6 in the Origami is way down on power for 2 reasons, it's bore size is quite constrained by the transverse mounting in a small car, and my reliability goals meant I couldn't go for a long stroke, so it has to use quite high cam settings to make power. With reliability around 40 is could have made 400hp but I deemed it not worth it.

I fiddled with the aero quite a bit to get it to be balanced in high speed cornering, but in the end the lack of power meant I had to settle for preventing lift more than any real downforce. In the end I went for a car that could compete in any track somewhat credibly, and could finish consistently. I was quite lucky to see it pay out that way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
The KRG Atljezza was a last minute entry, KRG as a whole in this championship was meant to use bodies from the lineup of an upstream manufacturer, so I wanted to have a sedan racing in GrB. since a sedan body meant poor aero and weight, I aimed for the smallest body and shoved the largest V8 I could into it. The chassis tuning was remarkably straightforward compared to the Origamis but I compromised on reliability in the engine and paid for it. The car was mostly a first draft with no time for further development, it probably has some potential still in it.

Kafouille fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Nov 15, 2017

• Locked thread