Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Gobias Ind. posted:

Also Brandon Sutter stealing FW for me :sweatdrop:

Crazy close matchup.

I thought I had you that morning and checked back to see it at 6-7, good round.

On a similar note both matchups in a league I'm running for the quarterfinals were decided by a single shot on goal for each one and each ended up tied 5-5. Couldn't believe it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
The threepeat is still on boys

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Not sure who that is in LSL who had the last day comeback on me but you really worked that waiver wire. I kinda think we should change that next season. 8 adds in a week is a bit much imo.

I'm not complaining mind you. I've abused that in the past myself.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
i think if someone is a big enough doofus to do the waiver wire like that to win in a league that's just for fun, then whatever, let em have it

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Agreed that 8 is too many. Could cut that in half.

Seemed silly to not do it when it was possible I could steal a win :shobon: Can't believe I actually won though.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Yeah I'll probably cut it in half next season to four.

Lost in the LSL in the semis for the sixth straight season. Going for the threepeat in the HHL.

e: oh and semis in the LOL. Expecting crushing disappointment

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Mar 19, 2018

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Gobias Ind. posted:

Agreed that 8 is too many. Could cut that in half.

Seemed silly to not do it when it was possible I could steal a win :shobon: Can't believe I actually won though.

Yeah I was surprised too. I saw you doing it and I was like that could be trouble but was like well I'm up on a lot of categories so probably still good. I got too cocky I guess :).

genki
Nov 12, 2003

T-Bone posted:

Yeah I'll probably cut it in half next season to four.

Lost in the LSL in the semis for the sixth straight season. Going for the threepeat in the HHL.

e: oh and semis in the LOL. Expecting crushing disappointment
Oh I'm playing against T-Bone in the finals? I was kind of resigned to just doing the best I could with my current lineup, but maybe I should actually try to win.

The issue is that Vancouver made a bizarre roster move to take Boeser off of IR, for some unknown reason, and that really screws with the rest of my team because I can't move people without straight up dropping someone. And Tkachuk is out too. Sucks. Probably going to keeper boeser and tkachuk so I don't want to move either of them...

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I could still win the highly regarded 7th place game in HHL, but I'm going to start thinking about keepers instead. I have two 100% Slam Dunk keepers in David Pastrnak and Mat Barzal, but after that I have a few of guys I need to choose between in: Schenn, Gourde, Larkin, Werenski, Schmaltz, Varlamov, and Donato. Basically all of these players were waiver pickups, except for Schenn who I got for $23 in the draft, and Werenski who I kept for $2, so cost isn't really a factor.

Schenn is one of the most valuable fantasy players in the NHL this season and won't be prohibitively expensive to keep. He does everything.

Gourde is having a great year with the Lightning but I'm not sure he'll replicate it? I don't think their roster is going to see much turnover and they'll still be a juggernaut but I'm skeptical for no real reason beyond a gut feeling.

Larkin is a good player on a bad team and he puts up decent numbers in every forward scoring category (except +/-) which is nice.

Werenski is having a bit of a down year but he's a great defenseman, but I'm not sure that defensemen bring much more to the table than a forward. Hits and blocks generally, but that's not really part of his game and he doesn't even have that much more than some forwards.

Schmaltz plays with Patrick Kane and even if the Blackhawks continue to suck he's going to score. Like Larkin he does a bit of everything, but to a lesser extent.

Varlamov has good numbers and Colorado looks like they might be turning things around finally. Goaltending has sunk me every year and having him might be nice, but Varlamov specifically has also sunk me before.

Donato is a major longshot and I can probably just pick him in the draft again, but he's a very good player on a very good Bruins team. I really only grabbed him off waivers in case he goes on a tear the rest of the season/post season in a way that'd make him a target in the fall.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I picked up Debrincat early in the season in HHL and I'm pretty excited about having him as a keeper moving forward. Could see him being a nice cheap 30/30 option moving forward.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I could still win the highly regarded 7th place game in HHL, but I'm going to start thinking about keepers instead. I have two 100% Slam Dunk keepers in David Pastrnak and Mat Barzal, but after that I have a few of guys I need to choose between in: Schenn, Gourde, Larkin, Werenski, Schmaltz, Varlamov, and Donato. Basically all of these players were waiver pickups, except for Schenn who I got for $23 in the draft, and Werenski who I kept for $2, so cost isn't really a factor.

Schenn is one of the most valuable fantasy players in the NHL this season and won't be prohibitively expensive to keep. He does everything.

Gourde is having a great year with the Lightning but I'm not sure he'll replicate it? I don't think their roster is going to see much turnover and they'll still be a juggernaut but I'm skeptical for no real reason beyond a gut feeling.

Larkin is a good player on a bad team and he puts up decent numbers in every forward scoring category (except +/-) which is nice.

Werenski is having a bit of a down year but he's a great defenseman, but I'm not sure that defensemen bring much more to the table than a forward. Hits and blocks generally, but that's not really part of his game and he doesn't even have that much more than some forwards.

Schmaltz plays with Patrick Kane and even if the Blackhawks continue to suck he's going to score. Like Larkin he does a bit of everything, but to a lesser extent.

Varlamov has good numbers and Colorado looks like they might be turning things around finally. Goaltending has sunk me every year and having him might be nice, but Varlamov specifically has also sunk me before.

Donato is a major longshot and I can probably just pick him in the draft again, but he's a very good player on a very good Bruins team. I really only grabbed him off waivers in case he goes on a tear the rest of the season/post season in a way that'd make him a target in the fall.

This is a difficult choice.

- I'd probably keep Schenn. He's a known commodity, and the safest pick here. He's not really that much to keep next year.
- Gourde has been a nice producer, but I am always skeptical of guys who come out of nowhere to put up seasons like this. On the other hand, he doesn't cost anything, so even if he sucks next year, it wouldn't be a difficult decision to drop him.
- On the other hand, it's kind of hard to go against a 21-year old player who looks to be the best player on a bad team. I'd probably lean more towards Larkin than I would Gourde.
- I would never keep a defenseman unless they were a Hedman-type. Werenski is going to be a great dman, and that may happen next year, but I'd rather use my keeper pick to keep a cheap forward or goalie.
- I prefer Larkin to Schmaltz, but I could understand the reasons for going with Schmaltz.
- Usually I'd tell you to keep a goalie, but I am scared of Varlamov. I have no trust in him or Colorado next year. He doesn't cost much, so like the other guys, it wouldn't hurt to drop him. It may be worth it for that.
- You could probably have Donato for cheap at the draft next year, unless he goes on some huge tear to end the season and has an amazing playoffs.

I'd definitely take Schenn, and then I'd lean towards Larkin, but despite my reservations, may take Varlamov.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
I was so excited to win the LSL on a random Mattias Janmark short handed goal and instead I'm gonna lose because somehow that's the only goal that Markstrom allowed.

GG Pronger Physics!

The RECAPITATOR
May 12, 2006

Cursed to like terrible teams.
I can never find on yahoo where each of my player's costs are... can a kind soul tell me which things I must click?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

The RECAPITATOR posted:

I can never find on yahoo where each of my player's costs are... can a kind soul tell me which things I must click?

go to "draft results" in whatever league it is and sort by team, and it should list how much you paid.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
that's a threepeat boys

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
also I think I'm going to lose to Anton Strawman in the 7th place game for the dumbest reason

we're tied 6-6 with no games left tonight. tiebreaker is regular season matchups, which we tied 12-12-4 over two matchups. our overall records are 100% identical, but the next tiebreaker is highest seed and yahoo put him at 7 and me at 8 for some reason.

genki
Nov 12, 2003

T-Bone posted:

that's a threepeat boys

GG. It was relatively close but missing an entire roster spot probably did not help. Oh well, I'd rather have Boeser and Tkachuk as keepers.

edit: actually if you compare the rosters, I'm pretty sure it's more impressive that I got second than you winning anything :colbert:

genki fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Mar 26, 2018

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
McDavid's garbage time run put me over the edge.

I'm not sure who I'll keeper next season. I can't do McDavid again. MacKinnon at $50 and Hall at $47 seem like decent bets but I don't think either will be able to replicate this kind of year. Likewise with Kopitar at $59. Then I could do Mantha at $4 and Hertl at $2.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

also I think I'm going to lose to Anton Strawman in the 7th place game for the dumbest reason

we're tied 6-6 with no games left tonight. tiebreaker is regular season matchups, which we tied 12-12-4 over two matchups. our overall records are 100% identical, but the next tiebreaker is highest seed and yahoo put him at 7 and me at 8 for some reason.

Nope, couldn't get enough goalie starts.

The highest seed would've been from the previous week's record or something, I think? I'm glad we could avoid that debacle.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

T-Bone posted:

McDavid's garbage time run put me over the edge.

I'm not sure who I'll keeper next season. I can't do McDavid again. MacKinnon at $50 and Hall at $47 seem like decent bets but I don't think either will be able to replicate this kind of year. Likewise with Kopitar at $59. Then I could do Mantha at $4 and Hertl at $2.

Even if MacKinnon and Hall can't replicate this season, those are pretty good prices for two great forwards.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Not a goon league but in my work on I averaged 43 points a week for first overall. Bye first week of playoffs and managed a whopping 21 points this week to be eliminated by the lowest seed.

I hate playoffs.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

JoelJoel posted:

Not a goon league but in my work on I averaged 43 points a week for first overall. Bye first week of playoffs and managed a whopping 21 points this week to be eliminated by the lowest seed.

I hate playoffs.

I did that in the LOL one year. I won something crazy like 21 weeks in a row and then lost in the first round.

Oh I'm in the LOL Finals this year but whoever I'm playing has a better team than me I think, probably about a 30-70 underdog.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

fancy stats posted:

Nope, couldn't get enough goalie starts.

The highest seed would've been from the previous week's record or something, I think? I'm glad we could avoid that debacle.

It would have been pretty funny if you won, though.

genki
Nov 12, 2003

JoelJoel posted:

I hate playoffs.
Yeah I had that in a non-goon league where I had a great season, won my last week of the regular season, then got the same opponent I had just beaten in the first round of the playoffs and lost that matchup. The same matchup I had won the previous week. Brutal.

The only two games I lost in the playoffs across three leagues were the championship HHL game and that stupid first playoff game in the other league. Not that I'm bitter...

waxluthor
May 28, 2003

T-Bone posted:

I did that in the LOL one year. I won something crazy like 21 weeks in a row and then lost in the first round.

Oh I'm in the LOL Finals this year but whoever I'm playing has a better team than me I think, probably about a 30-70 underdog.

That would be me! I think it's going to be down to the wire, some of my top players are DTD.

Speaking of playoff disappointments, final year of Federal League my #1 pick Tavares went out with season ending injury halfway though and #2 pick Craig Anderson either injured as well or was making GBS threads the bed. I went crazy with wavier pickups and trades trying to rebuild and somehow made it to the playoffs as the last seed and went all the way to the finals. For some reason the final only counted the second to last week and didn't count the final week and I lost the tie breaker. Federal League didn't exist after, I'm still angry about it. :argh:

waxluthor fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Mar 28, 2018

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Won my leagues championship yayyyy 300 bucks!

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
whoops for some reason I thought that LOL finals ended last night, that was pretty silly of me to drop Jenner and not start Kinkaid, it will probably cost me!

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Anyway I won, that's a Goon Grand Slam fellas

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

T-Bone posted:

I hate your success.

I am in 3 pools where you pick 1 player out of 5 and ride out the season. In January, I was top-3 in all of them, but have dropped in recent months. However, I was able to claw my way back to 2nd last night, mostly because the last two weeks my team has been on fire. Thank you Taylor Hall. In another, I settled into 4th, and supposedly the top-10 pays out (as it should -- there is 350 teams entered). It's just funny to see how each of the top teams in this league pretty much have the exact same teams with minor variations. For example, I took Corey Crawford who has hurt me, but then I took Klingberg where most people took Keith, which helped narrow the gap.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I mean like half the goons stop setting their teams so I've just gotta get lucky against the posters itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waxluthor
May 28, 2003

T-Bone posted:

I ran out of steam towards the end, well played. :golfclap:

• Locked thread