Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Hello, and welcome to the fantasy hockey thread for the 2017-18 NHL season. In this thread you can brag about how good your team is and ask for advice from hockey experts like me.

Websites to Play On:
Yahoo! Sports: http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/
ESPN: http://games.espn.go.com/frontpage/hockey
CBC: http://hockeypool.cbc.ca/cbc/hnicp12/notice
CBS: http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyhockey

I think almost everyone uses Yahoo for their leagues.

You can also play daily fantasy leagues on the sites that have commercials all over TV (DraftKings, FanDuel, probably some other ones) if you want to spend real life money only to have you hopes of winning $50 dashed because some jerk picked a third-liner who scored a hat trick.

Goon Leagues
I only added the two leagues I am active in - please let me know if you want yours added to the OP.

Long Stick League: (8th Season) - Commissioner (T-Bone) - Open Spots (?)
Site: Yahoo!
Live draft on Oct 1 4:00PM PDT/7:00 EDT
Invite: By email.
Draft Type: Live
Reigning Champion: Toe Knee Hand
Teams: 20
Scoring: H2H
Roster Positions: C, C, C, LW, LW, LW, RW, RW, RW, W, W, F, D, D, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR
Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shorthanded Points (SHP), Shots on Goal (SOG), Faceoffs Won (FW), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)
Goaltender Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Saves (SV), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

Hockiest Hockey League: (7th Season) Commissioner (T-Bone) - Open Spots (?)
Live draft on Oct 2 5:00PM PDT/8:00 EDT
Invite: By email.
Draft Type: Live (AUCTION/KEEPER LEAGUE)
Reigning Champion: T-Bone
Teams: 14
Roster Positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, F, F, D, D, D, D, D, Util, G, G, BN, BN, IR
Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shots on Goal (SOG), Faceoffs Won (FW), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)

LOLHL: (11th Season) - Commissioner (waxluthor) - Open Spots (3)
Live draft on Oct 1 1:30PM PDT/4:30 EDT
Invite: https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/26755/invitation?key=b24027dfe480c94c&ikey=b458ed6a74274627
Reigning Champion: Technetium
Roster Positions: C, C, C, C, LW, LW, LW, LW, RW, RW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, D, D, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR
Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Faceoffs Won (FW), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)
Goaltender Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%)

Other Useful Sites To Look At
http://www.leftwinglock.com/starting-goalies
http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nhl/hockey
http://bleacherreport.com/fantasy-hockey
http://www.dobberhockey.com/

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Sep 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Come back to us Denis. The Federal League must live again.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
ya RIP to The Federal League

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
For resources - dobber hockey is very good.

I'm thinking of giving DFS hockey a try this year. My brother is super into it and we might do a podcast about it. I cashed out in one of my leagues last year such that fantasy hockey is paid for this year, so I've got a few hundred bucks to play around with.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
yeah I'll send out invites soon

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I'm gonna take a year off from LSL, so if anybody else wants to hop in, have at it.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

can't wait for another season of having awful goalies in LSL and being autodrafted in LOLHL because i'm too sleepy to make it to draft time

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Aye Doc posted:

can't wait for another season of having awful goalies in LSL and being autodrafted in LOLHL because i'm too sleepy to make it to draft time

Trying to survive LSL with poo poo goaltending because you're too proud to take one in the first two rounds is almost a rite of passage at this point

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I finished at .500 for my first LSL season and now that I understand how it works a little more I'm hoping to do better this year.

Maybe Jack Eichel won't get injured in the pre-season

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

I'll join LSL if I can swing the draft time.

I'll have to autodraft for LOLHL but as defending champ I'll take it since like...3? people showed up for it last year.

e:

email is riptideinvestigator@gmail.com

deadEd
Feb 20, 2001
I'll do LSL/LOLHL like I have the past few years. Already set a bunch of calendar reminders to make sure I don't miss LOLHL this time around.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
If there's a spot I'd like to join LSL.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

I'm taking this year off from all leagues.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
I might go out on top in LSL. Been less interested in hockey lately which makes it hard to keep up with such a deep league. I'll probably stick around in HHL though.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Looking like a down year for fantasy then

genki
Nov 12, 2003
I'd do LSL if there's a spot. Already in HHL. My fantasy hockey analysis and setup time is limited and I'm going to get screwed in the drafts because I pretty much can't do them live, but I can roster shuffle with the best of them.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

genki posted:

I'd do LSL if there's a spot. Already in HHL. My fantasy hockey analysis and setup time is limited and I'm going to get screwed in the drafts because I pretty much can't do them live, but I can roster shuffle with the best of them.

The LSL will really put your roster shuffling to the test. The goalie waiver gets so desperate midway through the season that people sniff around third stringers if they have a chance of playing time.

waxluthor
May 28, 2003
LOLHL is back for another year! I renewed all the teams from last year except 3 that did not make a single move all year.

:siren: 3 Spots available, first come first serve! :siren:
https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/26755/invitation?key=b24027dfe480c94c&ikey=b458ed6a74274627

Live draft on Oct 1 6:30PM 1:30PM PDT, I hope most of you can make it.

Jamwad Hilder feel free to add the following info to the op:

LOLHL: (11th Season) - Commissioner (waxluthor) - Open Spots (3)
Invite: https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/26755/invitation?key=b24027dfe480c94c&ikey=b458ed6a74274627
Reigning Champion: Technetium
Roster Positions: C, C, C, C, LW, LW, LW, LW, RW, RW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, D, D, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR
Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Faceoffs Won (FW), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)
Goaltender Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%)

waxluthor fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Sep 18, 2017

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Added

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Renewed everyone who was active in the LSL/HHL. Please post here or on the League MB if you intend on playing. Trying to get a real count on how many actives we have.

If you want a spot in either league just PM me your email.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

T-Bone posted:

Renewed everyone who was active in the LSL/HHL. Please post here or on the League MB if you intend on playing. Trying to get a real count on how many actives we have.

If you want a spot in either league just PM me your email.

Back for another year of LSL!

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Still in for both HHL and LSL.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
I'm still in for HHL (O'Reilly's Auto Parts) and LSL (Dzingel Bells). Oh, and LOLHL (Greg McKegg's Peg Leg).

T-Bone, when are you getting to posting the ineligible keepers in HHL? I forget if I can still keep Tarasenko or not.

e: Also I'm totally going to end up autodrafting in LOLHL, I will have to be asleep probably by about 10 eastern that night.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I am definitely still in for HHL (Osti Pastrnak)

I did not get the notification for LSL (team whatever) though.

e: I think Forsberg and Gaudreau are players on my roster that go back into being eligible for the draft but I'll wait for T-Bone to post that list. Otherwise my HHL keepers are probably going to be
Pastrnak $4 > $6 (first time keeper)
Buchnevich $1 > $2 (first time keeper)
Werenski $1 > $2 (first time keeper)
Trocheck $2 > $3 (second time keeper)

pretty solid group imo

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Sep 13, 2017

Kaiser Cortez
Sep 3, 2007

"Pavel, you wear the 'A' on your jersey. What does that mean to you?"
"A lot. So much that I put an 'A' on all my clothes. I wear an 'A' everywhere."
I'm still in for LSL as Pronger Physics.

Kaiser Cortez fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Sep 13, 2017

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
In for LSL/HHL

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Just sent you the invite Jamwad.

I'll post the lists soon. The rule is that the player can be on a roster for 3 seasons before going back into the pool (including the season he was drafted).

e: Oh and if you guys could post your team names too

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I'm in for LSL. Formerly SbisaHuttonTacoBell, now Mike & The Plekanecs

waxluthor
May 28, 2003
I can change the LOLHL draft time to earlier that day, say 4:30pm PDT. Will it work better for everyone?

Oh and post your team names here as well please!

waxluthor fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Sep 13, 2017

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

T-Bone posted:

Just sent you the invite Jamwad.

I'll post the lists soon. The rule is that the player can be on a roster for 3 seasons before going back into the pool (including the season he was drafted).

e: Oh and if you guys could post your team names too

I'm Frans. Bubby.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

waxluthor posted:

I can change the LOLHL draft time to earlier that day, say 4:30pm PDT. Will it work better for everyone?

Assuming I can get the day off that'd work better for me. I have a draft I have to leave for around 6:15PM PDT that day so I could at least do the majority.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I am back in the HHL.

I think my keepers will be Nylander, Barkov, Domi, and Vasilevskiy. Hopefully I can do better than 10th this year.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Bjugty_____ is back for LOLHL and LSL

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

waxluthor posted:

Oh and post your team names here as well please!

Hull & Oates and Stepanwolf are back for HHL/LSL

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I'm in for LSL yet again

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Looks like at least three spots in the LSL right now. Not sure on the HHL. We're full right now but we'll see who doesn't post their keepers. I could also expand to 16 teams like we did a couple of seasons ago but I kinda like 14 in that league.

ALSO, any interest in doing a money pool league? Like $20 buy in or something? Nothing serious business, maybe a draft and the like the ability to pick someone up if one of your guys is injured but no waivers/trades or any of that bullshit. A pool pretty much with points for G/A/W/whatever

ALSO, please post your team names for the HHL/LSL if you haven't thanks dudes.

(oh I'm in the LOL, my username is T-Bone, unsure of team name yet I need to find puns for MoJo, Hischier, and Boyle).

e: draft times posted lemme know if they're awful

10/1 for the LSL at 7 EST
10/2 for the HHL at 8 EST

de: Reminder on HHL keeper rules. Last year's salary +20% for cost (your budget is $500) Up to 4 keepers. Players who haven't been in the draft in two seasons are ineligible.

Do I keep McDavid at like $122 this year? Yeah prolly.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Sep 15, 2017

Kaiser Cortez
Sep 3, 2007

"Pavel, you wear the 'A' on your jersey. What does that mean to you?"
"A lot. So much that I put an 'A' on all my clothes. I wear an 'A' everywhere."
Right now we have the LOLHL and LSL on the same day and similar times.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I'm definitely in for a money league. Hell even a pickem pool would be fun. Could do some weird stuff.

waxluthor
May 28, 2003

Kaiser Cortez posted:

Right now we have the LOLHL and LSL on the same day and similar times.

How about 1:00PM PDT (4:00PM EDT) on Oct 1? I can do anytime that day, let me know what you guys prefer.

waxluthor fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Sep 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Oh I could move mine too, I forgot to look at the LOL. The LSL could go earlier, it's just a long drat draft.

Jordan7hm posted:

I'm definitely in for a money league. Hell even a pickem pool would be fun. Could do some weird stuff.

You wanna run it like a few years back? Something kinda simple but FUN?

• Locked thread