Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
pretty sure i'm hosed in goaltending for this week already thanks to craig anderson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Thinking of offering Kuch/Rask or F.Anderson for OV/QUICK. Seem pretty good? Is a hits league, so I lose out on Kuch being fantastic but get a top goalie and OV back if they accept.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I think you're buying high on Quick, selling low on Rask or Andersen. Trading Kucherov for Ovechkin, best case scenario, is a wash.

Rask and Andersen are off to rough starts but are too good to not turn it around. Quick is on arguably the hottest team in the league, and that also isn't going to keep up all season. I think the difference between Quick and Rask or Andersen over the entirety of the season is marginal. That makes it more-or-less a Kucherov for Ovechkin trade. If your league counts hits and shots then you can sort of make an argument for it since OV is going to outperform Kucherov there pretty heavily, but he'd still have to score a lot to make it worth it, and I don't think he can keep it up. His numbers look good but he had 7 goals in his first two games, then 3G/5A in the 10 since, which isn't bad but that type of production doesn't seem worth it compared to Kucherov who has scored pretty reliably all season.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I dunno bum starting to worry about Rask. He’s 5 years removed from his really quality 13/14 season and coming off two pretty mediocre years. He’s better than an 895 goalie but not sure he’s more than a 915 right now and the team in front of him isn’t great.

Kucherov for OV, depending on settings, skews heavily to the guy getting Kuch. Despite what I said about Rask I don’t think Quick is enough of an upgrade for that.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Rask is still, at worst, league average. I don't know that he's elite anymore. He has stretches where he looks like it but I think a combination of workload, the team in front of him, and maybe confidence, has really cratered his numbers.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
So, in the pools where I pick one player out of a group, I picked Brent Burns in all 3 pools I am in. I had him and Karlsson pretty close, and figured Karlsson may miss a bit more time, so because of that, Burns would have more points at the end of the season. It's not hurting me that badly, but it feels like a mistake.

RocktheCaulk posted:

Thinking of offering Kuch/Rask or F.Anderson for OV/QUICK. Seem pretty good? Is a hits league, so I lose out on Kuch being fantastic but get a top goalie and OV back if they accept.

I realize this may be too late, but this is a pretty terrible trade. Kucherov has cemented himself as one of the best in the league, and while Ovechkin may fill out some of the other stat categories, a PPG+ player is pretty rare these days. Ovechkin is not the player he once was. He started off super hot, but I think his 33-goal output from last year is probably more likely to occur again than a 50-goal season.

Like others have said, Rask for Quick seems marginal, and you're pretty much paying for Quick's hot start with Rask's terrible one. I would not do this deal.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Lord help me, I'm so desperate for goaltending that I just added Maxime Lagace

genki
Nov 12, 2003

Twin Cinema posted:

So, in the pools where I pick one player out of a group, I picked Brent Burns in all 3 pools I am in. I had him and Karlsson pretty close, and figured Karlsson may miss a bit more time, so because of that, Burns would have more points at the end of the season. It's not hurting me that badly, but it feels like a mistake.
Honestly this is why I tend to hedge my bets across pools. It may be riskier but the chances of one of the pools going well is higher.

I'm happy with Brock Boeser in HHL so far, though I definitely have some rookie misses in there too...

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Twin Cinema posted:

I realize this may be too late, but this is a pretty terrible trade. Kucherov has cemented himself as one of the best in the league, and while Ovechkin may fill out some of the other stat categories, a PPG+ player is pretty rare these days. Ovechkin is not the player he once was. He started off super hot, but I think his 33-goal output from last year is probably more likely to occur again than a 50-goal season.

Like others have said, Rask for Quick seems marginal, and you're pretty much paying for Quick's hot start with Rask's terrible one. I would not do this deal.

I️ ended up not offering it at all and am trying to work on a mega trade. My leagues set up so the intangibles count for a lot. Trying to swing a Point/Backstrom/Carlson/FAnderson for Kadri/Hornqvist/Phaneuf/Holtby but my buddy wants Pietraneglo over Carlson and that ain’t gonna happen. Already trying to overpay in points for a major goalie upgrade so not gonna lose my best D man. Trade already seems lopsided but the SOG/HIT/BLOCKS/PIMS compensates for the points loss.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I love my HHL team so much, might be one of the best rosters I've put together. Schenn and Zibanejad especially have turned out to be absolute steals at $23 and $24 respectively. Getting Larkin off waivers was great for me, and I was able to scoop Barzal after the 5 assist game.

It's just too bad my LSL team is turning out to be a disappointment. Mostly due to goaltending. None of my keepers have a SV% above .900 (Andersen, Anderson, Saros) and the rest of my team isn't really reliable enough at winning the other categories to make up for it.

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Nov 8, 2017

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Still working on a goalie upgrade and have the following offer :

Guentzel/Point/Backstrom/Carlson/Franderson for Kadri/Hornqvsst/Vrana/Phaneuf/Holtby

I️ think I’m giving away too much in assists and points, but the Caps kind of just suck this year. I️ make out pretty big though in shots, blocks, PIMS, and hits, along with a goalie upgrade.

Could try and swap Holtby for Bobrovsky in there as well.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
The Caps have looked sort of mediocre this season but you're giving away two of their best players, a guy who plays wing with either Malkin or Crosby, a top-6 forward on a juggernaut Tampa team, and Andersen, for a goalie upgrade and garbage stats? Why? To be honest it seems needlessly complicated and like you're just making trades for the sake of making trades.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
You’re getting a big upgrade in peripherals. It kind of depends what else you have.

Kadri is super underrated in leagues that count peripheral stats. I’d try to remove Vrana / Point. Both are single dimensional players but Point is better.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Jordan7hm posted:

You’re getting a big upgrade in peripherals. It kind of depends what else you have.

Kadri is super underrated in leagues that count peripheral stats. I’d try to remove Vrana / Point. Both are single dimensional players but Point is better.

Yeah having Point in is the breaker at this point because he’s been so productive and Tampa has been rolling. I’m not losing a ton in points from drafting pretty well, I’d be down about 3-4 assists a week and a PPP and gain all the peripheries and a better goalie but as a caps fan I know this seasons going to have A 7 seed all over it and a more mediocre Holtby.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

RocktheCaulk posted:

Still working on a goalie upgrade and have the following offer :

Guentzel/Point/Backstrom/Carlson/Franderson for Kadri/Hornqvsst/Vrana/Phaneuf/Holtby

I️ think I’m giving away too much in assists and points, but the Caps kind of just suck this year. I️ make out pretty big though in shots, blocks, PIMS, and hits, along with a goalie upgrade.

Could try and swap Holtby for Bobrovsky in there as well.

Now that I am on a laptop, I'll tell you why I don't like this deal. I will probably issue similar sentiments as Jamwad, but I'll try to be constructive.

I think having stats beyond points is important, but I think too many people get blinded by them and overlook points. Like, I think it's much easier to find someone who will fill up hits and blocks, rather than trying to replace a PPG player. This may be just a different philosophy when it comes to ranking players, but I stress this because I wouldn't want to part with Backstrom, far and away the best player in the deal, to try and gain other stats (okay, Holtby may be close to Backstrom, but I always try to wing it with goalies). He may have been struggling since his hot start, but this is a guy who has been hovering around being a PPG player his entire career. There's few other players as dependable as Backstrom. I am not sure why you'd want to get rid of him at this point, especially since your a Caps fan. Kadri is a great player, especially in fantasy, but I don't like losing the 15-20 points you'd get from Backstrom.

As for the other players, you're also taking a hit downgrading from Carlson to Phaneuf. Point has shown a lot, and Tampa, while they're on a huge hot streak, has an offense that I'd want players from. I am pretty low on Guentzel, but I can understand the interest. Honestly, I don't have much knowledge on Vrana to have an opinion. Hornqvist is kind of blah to me. As for the goalies, I can understand wanting to upgrade from Anderson to Holtby, but I am not sure if this deal does it for me.

If I were doing this deal, I'd try to make it smaller. I would remove Point and Guentzel, as well as Hornqvist and Vrana. I would then try and see if there's a player of less value than Backstrom to put in the deal. Like, someone on the next tier of players. Of course, this is mostly because I don't value goalies as highly as other people, so I really don't want to pay for Holtby at first- or second-round prices, because I'd rather take a high-scoring forward.

genki
Nov 12, 2003
Ugh, this was a bad week in HHL. I don't feel like it requires any major lineup overhauls, but it sucks to have such a down week when I'm already in the middle of the pack. Going to be tough to come back up the standings from this.

genki
Nov 12, 2003
Now I'm double posting but I want to bitch about a league where I dropped matthew tkachuk so I could move Kyle Turris from my IR+ slot but apparently I'm too stupid to review his schedule and since I only have two center slots I'd have to bench either Crosby or Scheifele on Tue/Thu/Sat, which means I dropped Tkachuk for a week of sweet nothing. Ugh.

Also of course Tkachuk gets some points to make me regret dropping him. But I think I've been riding too high on him in general, based on owning him in all of my pools. Hard for me to be unbiased if I'm the only one holding him...

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Tkachuk is a nice player to have. I don’t think you’re too high on him. But I wouldn’t have dropped him, although this depends on the way your league is set-up. If it’s, like, an 8-team league with only a few open slots, then maybe you have a case.

genki
Nov 12, 2003

Twin Cinema posted:

Tkachuk is a nice player to have. I don’t think you’re too high on him. But I wouldn’t have dropped him, although this depends on the way your league is set-up. If it’s, like, an 8-team league with only a few open slots, then maybe you have a case.
Haha, it's a super competitive league with ... 14 teams. My big issue was that everyone else produced better peripherals and comparable points. At least on my team. In a league with blocks/hits/fw, I didn't want to dump anyone else.

Looks like according to current rank in this league, I should have dropped Zuccarello over Tkachuk? Hmm.

Otherwise the wingers were Kreider, Point, Dadonov, or Foligno (Nick). Actually I guess Zuccarello would have been good to dump compared to Tkachuk, just for team variance. Ah well.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
My teams are all middling and I'll be lucky to have a semifinal appearance among them

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
I put some guys on the trading block in HHL. They were autopicks and probably not people I'd have chosen. Patrick Kane, Byfuglien, Letang. I'm interested in a goalie upgrade or younger (but already good) players.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I saw that. Are you interested in potential keepers? I'm interested in Kane and have guys like Barzal and Larkin who I picked up on waivers for nothing (who you could keep for the next two years) but not much to offer beyond that.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
Schenn and Zibanejad would fit the "younger but already good" category that I'm looking for. Not sure on potential keepers at this point, it's awfully early. Though Larkin is intriguing.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Gotcha. I got Schenn and Zibanejad for relatively cheap given their production (like $24 a piece) so they could be good keepers for you as well. I'll think about it a bit.

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

Guentzel vs Chi or DeBrincat vs Pit? Standard categories league

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I could use a few more hits in the LOL but I'm loathe to drop Shea Theodore now that he's getting 20+ a night. I figure it's only a matter of time before he gets PP time and he could definitely break out offensively if he does.

Still, he does loving nothing grit wise. I've added Ritchie/Bennett recently so hopefully they start scoring a little and keep putting dudes into the boards to make up for it.

genki
Nov 12, 2003
I'd just like to laugh about tonight's result in HHL where cam talbot gets a .333 sv% and 15.82 GAA and I'm still winning those categories thanks to Martin Jones and the fact that my opponent has Neuvirth and Price. Haha.

genki
Nov 12, 2003
everyone aboard the VGK train, apparently. I ended up not getting marchessault (after having him as a keeper then dropping him) but hopefully karlsson and theodore will be good.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Oh thank god Carey Price is back. I might actually start winning poo poo this season

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Oh poo poo! I meant to drop Orpik, but I wound up dropping Shea Weber. Can this me undone, T-Bone? Can’t believe I goofed it.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Twin Cinema posted:

Oh poo poo! I meant to drop Orpik, but I wound up dropping Shea Weber. Can this me undone, T-Bone? Can’t believe I goofed it.

I gave you an extra $1000 in FAAB, just use it to readd him and it should work out OK.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

T-Bone posted:

I gave you an extra $1000 in FAAB, just use it to readd him and it should work out OK.

Thank you.

I shouldn't be trusted to make roster moves in the first few minutes of waking up.

genki
Nov 12, 2003
So if I had $1001...

Hey does that mean he'll cost $1500 to have as a keeper next season? haha.

My team is disappointingly average. I feel like I'm not out of reach of a top 8 spot (but maybe out of reach of top 4), but I'm not entirely confident my team can get there. Cam Talbot collapse has not been good for my team. Nor my lack of faceoff wins and generally poor secondary stats. And sucky scoring. Wait isn't that everything? Ugh.

Looking at actual H2H stats, I seem to be doing well in PPP and... that's about it. Actually goaltending is basically .500 which is better than I expected. Guess I'll stop the waiver dance for awhile and see how things go.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Twin Cinema posted:

lol I saw that this morning and was very confused about what was happening

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Remember that the HHL is top 6 for the playoffs.

genki
Nov 12, 2003

T-Bone posted:

Remember that the HHL is top 6 for the playoffs.
Oh. Well who made that dumb rule? :v:

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

I really should've considered drafting players who could actually score in HHL.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Didn't you run out of roster slots like 45 minutes before everyone else

E: never would have expected Eric Staal to be your leading scorer

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I like both Pacioretty and Drouin, and am surprised neither are playing as well they could be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waxluthor
May 28, 2003

So at LOLHL I'm losing 2/3 goalie stats this week with 4 Wins, 0.50 GAA, and .981 SV%. :argh:

• Locked thread