Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alnilam

I'll be honest, like many BeerCraft fans when I first heard WineCraft was coming out I rolled my eyes and said "it's just BeerCraft with wine!" But drat if it didn't turn out to be possibly the best game in the genre, imo. Three playable types (white, red, and blush), a surprisingly good plot in the single player campaign, and the expansion really spiced things up with a bunch of new grapes and appellations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

iv'e brewed beer at home since before it got cool mianly bc i didn't have to be 21 to buy beer brewing supplies :twisted:

also yeah beer is really good and i'm not usually quite so glowingly positive about the sttae of things in the world and I am almost never one to say "the usa is the best usa #1 wooo" about anything because i think the whole world is pretty cool
BUT
i really do think the past 10-15 years or so have been a golden age of brewing and that american beer culture, which used to be one of the worst outside of pockets of small local breweries, has actually become the best in the world, I think US craft beer is more varied and more interesting than beer in germany, ireland, belgium, czechia... these places have excellent beer within their more narrow scope but the US just has so much interesting experimentation going on and I love it

ty manifisto

alnilam

Starman Super DX posted:

I kinda wonder if we're approaching the end of that golden age though. there's been an over-saturation of new breweries lately and it hasn't been great for business. plus it's got the big guys running scared and trying to pick up some of the better ones.
Pretty sure that Elysian and Goose Island are dead now.

I think we're approaching a point where some of the lower performers might start to die out, but actually the fact that there are a zillion little breweries gives me hope that they won't all be gobbled up by corporations

Like before you get too sad about inbev buying Breckenridge just think about how many good tiny breweries totally off the corporate radar there are in your town

In short drink locally!

• Locked thread