Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rigged Death Trap

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I like BeerHammer better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

alnilam posted:

iv'e brewed beer at home since before it got cool mianly bc i didn't have to be 21 to buy beer brewing supplies :twisted:

also yeah beer is really good and i'm not usually quite so glowingly positive about the sttae of things in the world and I am almost never one to say "the usa is the best usa #1 wooo" about anything because i think the whole world is pretty cool
BUT
i really do think the past 10-15 years or so have been a golden age of brewing and that american beer culture, which used to be one of the worst outside of pockets of small local breweries, has actually become the best in the world, I think US craft beer is more varied and more interesting than beer in germany, ireland, belgium, czechia... these places have excellent beer within their more narrow scope but the US just has so much interesting experimentation going on and I love it

You can easily attribute that to three things:
Grain, of which america is an amazing place to grow all kinds.
Hops, surprise surprise, america is also a great place for hops to grow.
Yeast, wyeast, white labs, all the big names of yeast are stationed right in america.

And a secret fourth:
Unceasing hatred for the state of what american beer had become.

• Locked thread