Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

If you can beat Artorias you can walk all over Gwyn

meh. artorius isnt parryable.......different skillset imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Lol I beat Manus and then went and easily stomped on Gwyn. Can’t decide if I want to play DS3 or Sekiro next.

:ninja: edit had to pick DS3. Need to see what based Miyazaki and the crew at From learned from Bloodborne before I tackle Sekiro

its funny to think that ds2 and bloodborne were developed at the same time lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I’m deliberately leaving DS2 for later because Miyazaki was busy at the time with the best game I’ve ever played, Bloodborne

ds2 is like ni-oh, its a pretty good knockoff.....except its an official sequel from the same developers so all the things that are worse are really confusing because u have to wonder why they were changed

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Armor is purely aesthetic for the most part.. like yeah it will block some dmg but at a certain point it doesn't matter since you're dying in the same amount of hits anyway

some heavy armor lets u keep attacking if u get hit.....look for armor with “poise” to achieve this. lets u get real greedy

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i like gundyr 2.....hes badass

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

Demons is weird enough that I'd rather they just put it out at a stable framerate for 20 bucks than to for a complete remake. It's not even that old

if bluepoint is remaking it then itll be the exact same game but with 100000x more polygons and 8k textures and cloth physics and poo poo

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the joestar family technique

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

lmfao

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Thanks for the tips folks. Think I’ll grind a so I can try out my other weapons with more viability. Have a plus one spear that could be good for sticking the dogs if I boost my damage a bit. My plus four long sword is a good deal better than all else atm damage wise

get the claymore off the dragon bridge

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

No I found the summon sign area and a player message saying try humanity. And for some reason I thought "oh some NPC must appear when I'm human, I'll do that once I beat the boss :downs:". I found his armour beside the Ariamis painting though!

Think I'm going to go back to Andre the smith. Enemies are a bit tough atm to beat reliably or quickly and I've a tonne of big shards I haven't used. I like playing aggressively but my longsword is lagging behind a bit to allow for that. Plus the fortress really isn't that far back at all. I had trouble with the Bell Gargolye originally and once I upgraded my sword back then absolutely melted it

ok but theres a new smith in anor londo and (ultimate dark souls spoiler, do not read this if u want to enjoy dark souls or any souls game ever again) u can run past every enemy to get to him

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

this gesture is only in bloodborne for some reason lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

What happens if you beat Ornstein second? Do you get his soul?

u get his soul and his ring that makes stabbing weapons a lot better

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Beat Nito tonight. Died a three times but then upgraded my mace to max (had been using the Z hander for the tomb) and once I realised his skeletons didn't endlessly spawn I beat him handily enough. Headed to the Duke's Archives but just reached the first bonf there. Also bought every miracle off the priest lady, need a bit more faith to use big lightning and rage of god.

his skeletons do infinitely spawn.....ur mace must be blessed

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Only ever used humanity to kindle bonfires as I’ve never summoned for a boss. Perhaps I could be a little less frugal

use them to full heal in a pinch

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Also with Ricard’s Rapier I have enough carry weight to wear Solaire’s armour sans helmet and fast roll which is nice

poise is maybe the most useful stat for 4 kings

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Am I far through it? I’m guessing I’ve all of Lost Izalith to go too and whateveer the farting dragons are :negative:

e: glad I ecided to do it last so I could just power through it

your going to love the dlc

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Hit the glowy thing on bed of chaos and it woke up and when I was walking out walked into a big hole which was dumb of me lol. But now i’ve been in there like twice more and each time a hol is just getting put under me all the time and I can’t figure out how to carefully avoid them

the holes are always in the same places

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

nosering posted:

has anyone here ever plat'd any of the games besides bloodborne? i've been trying to finish up ds3 but the tedium just seems insane with the covenant grinding, i've never been summoned once for any of the pvp covenants that you need like 30 of each from. just realizing that farming proof of concords from the two knights on the stairs at anor londo at a 3.3% percent chance after maxing out luck in every possible way is giving me extreme gamer ennui...

ive only platted bborne and sekiro lol.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Having my jaw sliced off by yet another spade in AotA, "ahh their weapons are gardening tools how cute and neat"

their whole bodies are gardening tools i think lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Warped out of the Abyss DLC to get a new longsword and put it to +15. I’d reached Artorias and was just not doing well with the rapier. 46 per two handed hit and I’m not just getting the hang of multi stabbing and he moves so fast it’s hard. LS seems like a good balance between Z which I used for most of the game and rapier.

Can reliably get him to half health really fun fight. Awesome entry. Only attack I can’t dodge reliably is his dash where he holds the sword low for a delayed swing. Always dodge the initial dash and get owned

i dont want to give u regrets but, do u have the claymore? if u can u should try using the claymore

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

I have a max holy claymore and a max zweihwnder. Just trying to try different play styles

big sword, medium sword and small sword is the canonical dark souls loadout

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

Ds1 is better but ds3 has cool capes

the capes are my favorite thing about ds3 and cloth physics are the only reason i even played ds2 lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

Doing really well against the boss and nearly getting them, walking in the next time loving up instantly and dying to their first attack

lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

Oh if you didn't figure it out, Manus is the Pygmy

if u consider dark souls 3 dlc “canon,” i think this is wrong

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
manus is like some kind of super humanity monster. and marvelous chester is a bloodborne character

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

There's very little pygmy lore, but here's what you need to make the pygmy = manus connection. If you kill the four kings before you place the lord vessel you get to meet Frampt's evil twin, who says, among other things:

So, the furtive pygmy is the father of humanity. If you chat with Chester:

And the pygmy is a totally nice guy. You just had his fuckin' pendant.

of course in the dark souls 3 dlc it turns out there was a council of pygmies and if u drink their blood ur blood becomes the blood of the Dark Soul, which is actually just paint

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
early dark souls 2 footage has the fancy bloodborne cobblestones and lighting everywhere and they were developed in tandem. dont know exactly what yhis means but i think most of the released game looks almost as good as oblivion

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

the cathedral is one of my fave souls levels...such a cool atmosphere and design, and so many secrets I didn't even know existed until subsequent playthroughs

the patches interactions there are the best part of the game

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

was thinking about this game again so I downloaded the item Randomizer, it's pretty cool. I beat gargs with a +2 demon spear in 3 hits but now my only open path is to drain new Londo :stonklol:

really wish i had a gameing pc so i could do poo poo like this + dark souls 3 mod that adds bloodborne weapons

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

emember how cool the game looked at first with the focus on darkness and dynamic lighting and using torches and they just kind of dropped all of that at the last minute, so half the areas just have hideous flat fullbright lighting like an early PS2 game

my theory is that they were trying to build with with the same graphic techniques as bloodborne but it was impossible to run on last gen so they had to scrap it and rebuild it with no time left. i think this because they were developed in tandem and the geometry in that early footage looks similar to the bloodborne geometry

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
pro strat for chariot fight is to just roll through it

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i hate the little knife hand headless guys that kill u when u try to climb the ladder.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Pate is definitely the bad one and is voiced by an IRL Nazi war crime denier so

peter serafinowicz isnt a nazi war crime denier. he just tried to hide that his grandfather did nazi war crimes at the beginning of his career lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

Got the guardian ape down to one hit on my first attempt and haven't even been close since...such is life.

thats the best boss fight ever in a game imo

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

The Klowner posted:

trying to think of the worst boss in sekiro and I think it might be the shichimen warrior. but even then he's badass but you can also just two shot him and get him over with easy. in short, sekiro rules.

the sliding door monkeys were pretty annoying

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

not a boss but i dont really like fighting headless and this time im just saving them for the end when i have a bunch more atk power to go collect some prayer beads. and for faves Genichiro is definitely up there, doing lightning parries is so loving cool, its what i imagined the link and ganondorf fight actually looked like

i might be misinterpreting this but, the headless dont drop prayer beads. they drop everlasting gobstoppers

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

In Training posted:

oh youre right. maybe ill just grab the attack one and not worry about the others.

id get the attack one and the stealth one. stealth one is very useful

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

a fatguy baldspot posted:

exploration, backtracking when you get new abilities, constructing different weapons, difficult bosses...its literally Dark Souls With Guns.

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
hes right, control is like dark souls. u can play as a girl, theres a big underground part full of trees, and theres no MP system