Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

Thanks, that fixed it. This game looks waaaaaay better than it did on ps3. I'm really impressed

It's pretty amazing. If you're playing with framerate uncapped you should bind a key on your keyboard somewhere to turn the cap on again though and use it whenever you get on a ladder. If you climb down a ladder at 60fps usually when you get off you'll just fly through the dirt and die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PC gaming ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

it's happened to me in undead burg and blighttown before

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kongming posted:

I like upper Blighttown. I don't get why people skip it. The swamp is stupid though.

I'm a speed gamer

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

2 isn't great but compared to stuff like Lords of the Fallen it's practically flawless

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It did have my fave pvp covenants but Bloodborne is probably the most fun pvp I've done

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The frozen area is one of my all time souls favs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

power stancing is cool. it's impressive how many different combinations you can come up with.

I was bummed this wasn't in 3 but the weapon arts stuff was a neat enough replacement

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Every Souls game should have had a refight bosses option

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I enjoyed ds2/3 but I think Bloodborne proves they shouldn't really ever do direct sequels and just make more new stuff all the time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

dark souls pvp is for cuckolds frankly

The best version of dark souls pvp was low level invasions in 1 with super OP late game weapons and equipment to troll peopl.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I still have fond memories of the PS3 hacker who invaded me in Demons Souls 1-3 with infinite health and a version of stormbringer that worked outside of the boss arena and just batted me around for 20 minutes not doing any damage and emoting

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Laying all the traps in the rat covenant area and running across the brides back and forth until they had to chase you

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

The advantages the host had made the victory all the sweeter.

I never invaded after a while because 4v1 is so boring

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also having like, matchmaking based on weapon levels was gay.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

klapman posted:

I'd really love to play Demon's Souls again now that I've beaten the rest of them. It'd probably be pretty easy but I've got a serious score to settle with that game. I got it when I had a real bad case of laryngitis and couldn't leave my room for two weeks and it was a real struggle to get anywhere even with all the free time I had. I think it took me like 6-7 hours just to beat 1-1, and I ended up having to restart twice with different characters. It's a pretty fun memory.

I spent 8 hours trying to beat 1-1 as well. After I got like 15 hours in and a few more levels in I started a new character and beat 1-1 in like, 60 minutes. Thats when I knew I would love the game, and that style of game, forever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

klapman posted:

I still have the area leading up to the red-eyed spear knight burned into my memory after like 8 years lmao. My friend has a copy so I think I'm gonna try and borrow it

I could probably draw a map of it right now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's worth remembering that 90% of the people who game are afraid of challenge. Not being facetious or mightier than thou...it's the truth

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gimmick bosses ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I dont think the nutsack tree is even particularly a gimmick boss, it just has a weakpoint and two phases.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If you have a properly upgraded weapon of any kind you sneeze and accidentally kill bosses. one of the issues with letting you choose your path, every boss has kind of the same health except for 1-4 so they go too quick. although I guess you could just use a bad weapon to make it harder

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dark souls 1 is flawless

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

i agree with 99.9% of the ppl who played ds2 that the dlc is far and away the best content in the game, but it's kind of cool how each area has a pointless appendage that amplifies the worst aspects of the base game. the lead up to the optional boss with the infinitely respawning deer in the ice area is probably the worst area in the souls series and the boss is a turd. the optional poison area boss is a huge gently caress you to the player, especially considering that the overall city area and the sorceress + dragon bosses are easily the best in the game and some of the best in the series

I forgot about that ice gauntlet lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They consciously put PS1 era loading fog into their game and also didn't design a level. Absolute genius

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

People rag on them, but demon ruins and lost izalith are both cool, in my opinion

They look like what my brain pretended the Diablo II maps looked like in 3d which was cool as someone who spent a lot of time playing those games as a kid.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's so obvious whenever you post about a game on tilt lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thinking back to the xenoblade chronicles x thread and smiling

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like the moonlight butterfly it's a very moody boss

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

I’ve never done the kaathe invasion covenant path (darkwraiths?) so that’s my goal for the next playthrough

Doing this asap is pretty fun, I did a full run with the darkwraith sword and it's got a sick moveset

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think im gonna play this again too. looking at the wiki and figuring out what wweapon i want to use

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hmmm i didnt know Dark Souls had a hiltless equivalent so maybe Ill do that. I love katanas and stuff that hurts yourself. maybe like....Chaos Blade + Power Within so I have a boss timer on every encounter

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh Long Johnson posted:

Planning a build is my favorite part sometimes

I have a bunch of notes on my phone of various build notes from the last five years lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just got it reinstalled to play when i get home tonight. One of my favorite things about booting it up again is loading all my old saves for a few secnds to see what weapons they were using and where they are into the game. the worst feeling is having to delete one of them because thers no room anymore :(

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

On the train thinking about dark souls

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

How hard is it to get a switch pro controller working on a Pc. Digital shoulder buttons would be nice

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My adventures through Lordran begin anew...

i have to stop now bc im tired but i already saw like 5 summon signs in that fire in undead burg so the online is still kicking. i may try to do some darkmoon invading and see if thats still possible anymore

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

I think it works with any Bluetooth receiver, unlike the wiimote where you needed to install a toshiba “stack” or w/e

Its directinput, not xinput, so it’ll be the same as a dualshock as far as compatibility goes. I think steam might have already added dualshock support anyways so I doubt you’ll have a problem

It seems simple but I don't have a Bluetooth receiver, I was hoping I could use the cord but I guess it doesn't pass data through it, only charges it. Bummer, it's a great controller

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I decided to do some Roleplay for my run so im playing as Venom "Punished" Solaire, wearing solaire's armor until Anor Londo and then im going to kill qwyn and wear his outfit while wielding the Chaos Blade.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

New wrinkle but im rolling with it:

I wont remove this curse until Gwyn has been felled by my katana.

In Training fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Sep 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

drat this is perfect timing. i can do some darkmoon invading for sure now