Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Our title game (14 team standard, 0 PPR) features, among others, Newton + Bell + Thielen + Zuerlein vs Hunt + Hopkins + Rudolph + Ravens. Gurley didn't make the playoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

the_american_dream posted:

Does anyone's championship NOT involve Gurley? Going up against him myself

10 team league, 6 in playoffs, gurley wasn't even in the playoffs (we do live auction so it's a bit different).

My opponent won his semifinal by .1 - started bortles and freeman, but also antonio brown and davante adams. I'm trying to scoop up randall cobb since he has no WRs at all now, hopefully.

the 4 starting RBs in the finals in a .5 ppr league : kamara, collins (me) vs freeman & drake (him)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Here’s my finals lineup:

12-man standard league. My WR situation is... not great and the best in waivers right now is... Paul Richardson??? Oh Cobb is out there too.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

One of the 3 I made involve Gurley; the one I lost in semis I have Gurley but the rest of my team (Rivers/AJG/AB/Howard..) underperformed or were injured. In spite of Gurley, it was my teams' second lowest score of the season.

Freeman/Duke/Hunt/Murray v Kamara/CMC/Collins (start 2 + 1 flex). Team with Gurley was 9th, didn't make the playoffs.
Bell/Duke/Ajayi/Abdullah v Gurley/Hyde/Morris/Lactavius/Mixon/Dion (start 2 + 1 flex). Team with Gurley was 5th, but #2 PF.
Lactavius/Collins/Forte/Miller/Perine/White v Drake/Duke/Crowell/McKissic/Smith/Williams/Woodhead (best ball, top 10 WR/RB flex). Team with Gurley was 8th, didn't make the playoffs

In that second league, my QB situation is brutal and the reason I was only 5-8. I had Luck to be my QB. WW is.. empty. Brock, Siemian, Petty. My QBs? Gabbert and Kizer. I'm dropping Gabbert for Stanton, but yeah.. It's a dyno league with a trade deadline, so there's no way for me to fix it at this point and I had been trying to sell at the deadline because it didn't look like I was gonna make the playoffs. I've also been starting Ed Dickson's 0 points at TE so far in the playoffs, but I'm dropping him for Celek. And somehow I'm projected to win.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Here’s my finals lineup:

12-man standard league. My WR situation is... not great and the best in waivers right now is... Paul Richardson??? Oh Cobb is out there too.

Keelan Cole?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MacheteZombie posted:

Keelan Cole?

He’s available too. Let’s see what I can snag from waivers and hope for the best.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

1ppr

Mine: LVB, Alex Collins, Derrick Henry, Woodhead (drafted and dropped: Chris Thompson, Bilal Powell, Abdullah, Eifert, Doug Martin)

His: Gordon, Kerwynn, Doug Martin, Rod Smith

My league has penalties for QB incompletions so really it’s Brady, Bell and JAX that carried me here with an end-game push by Marquise Goodwin and more poignantly, Greg Olsen.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Dec 20, 2017

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

In my league the Gurley owner placed 11th out of 12.

His next best player is Derrick Henry.

It is a bad team.

Nadir
Apr 12, 2003

It's only up from here
Pro: Streamed Flacco

Con: Started Ravens DST

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Justin Tucker 👍😎

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I need to see some magic from the Vikings game.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

My opponent in one of my two finals matchups forgot to switch Aaron Rodgers out for Kirk Cousins.

Woo! I’m not counting my chickens before they hatch but if he wins with a QB on IR I may just kill myself.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

DC Murderverse posted:

My opponent in one of my two finals matchups forgot to switch Aaron Rodgers out for Kirk Cousins.

Woo! I’m not counting my chickens before they hatch but if he wins with a QB on IR I may just kill myself.

You just wrote your own fate, friend.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
my 2/3 punch of Collins and Murray are laying giant eggs while diggs is having his best game since week 2 on my bench. God damnit

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Adam Thielen looked at last week’s abysmal 3 points and decided he could do worse.

C’mon, man. It’s loving championship week.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Well, at least I know I lost the championship early. Thanks, Thielen.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Pros: Started Min D

Cons: Started Keenum over Bortles and Foles. Also started Murray. Womp Womp.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Thanks for nothing Keenum :(

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Thielen almost singlehandedly erased my week 1 advantage. At least Min’s defense and Forbath had a good game. I’m still going to need good games from the rest of my team if I’m going to win.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Ishin posted:

Thanks for nothing Keenum :(

:( :hf: :(

At least I had Min D/ST. Well, here's to hoping Elliot blows the gently caress up and the rest of my team goes nuts tomorrow. Though I'm pretty sure I've lost at this point.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Dec 24, 2017

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Happy with the Flacco stream. Currently worried about leaving Gore and the Min DST on my bench. Mixon and the Bears better make up for it tomorrow.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Who knew I should have started Hilton over Thielen. Gore had a good game at least, but I need everyone else to pick it up today.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I swear Hilton has had 5 good weeks out of 15 and I’ve benched him every single time he pops off. I’m not even mad, I’d have been crazy to start him.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I honestly thought MIN was going to rack up at least 15 points against GB.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Anyone have opinions on Martavis Bryant vs Rishard Matthews today? My big pile of money is making me second guess every decision this week.

Also, I have Gurley and Hunt on my team so go ahead and hate me.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
I hate Todd Gurley so much

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

I think picking up Sam Ficken was a mistake. Granted my opponent (who had a ton more faab than me) grabbed 4 kickers to block me...

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Gobias Ind. posted:

Pretty sure he's going to beat me singlehandedly.

After yesterday's games, I thought my opponent's Keenum putting up such a mediocre score was a decent sign. Now it's not even halftime on the early games and my Jameis Winston has completely ruined that good feeling.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
Thanks to those of you that said I should start Gates over Ben Watson.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Gobias Ind. posted:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Gobias Ind. posted:

just gonna keep quote posting this every ten minutes

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

<3 Todd Gurley

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
Todd Gurley is safely on the team that got last place, and nowhere near the championship game I am winning.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I just saw the buttception. Amazing.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Todd Gurley > the rest of my team

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I switched out Gordon for Crowell like 10 minutes before game time because of the snow. While Crowell isn’t killing it, he’s still ahead of Gordon. Kizer sucks so much.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Gurley should be disqualified. UMM HELLO, his position says RUNNING BACK. Stop throwing him the ball!!

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I can't help but watch Gurley just dominate and wonder how bad Jeff Fisher really is.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Ben Nevis posted:

I can't help but watch Gurley just dominate and wonder how bad Jeff Fisher really is.

the equations have balanced

gurley = good
fisher = bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Gobias Ind. posted:

• Locked thread