Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]
Is Revelations 2 worth $.77?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Well the first one was barely playable so...

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Captain gently caress Face posted:

Is Revelations 2 worth $.77?

its episodic, 77 cents just gets you episode 1

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i think episode 1 has been free before

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Revelations 2 is fairly cool, in its entirety. Way better than Rev1 at least, even if the enemy designs are kinda lame.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well. The final chapter kinda sucked because the developers didn't really know how to make a cool RE boss.

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

elf help book posted:

its episodic, 77 cents just gets you episode 1

haha oh. thanks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Reinstalling Resident Evil 4 because its been *checks watch* almost 5 months since the last time i played through this game.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Planned on doing the default handgun no upgrades run soon myself.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm finally gonna play on Professional bc I never have.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I can never go back to normal but I think I may have covered that in the op.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Last time I played I only died a handful of times and it was all in the island anyway, so it was probably cranked up to the highest difficulty (not actually sure how dynamic difficulty works) and I know where all the treasure is anyway, so I figure I'm ready to do this.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Actually I died 14 times in the escape sequence because i was blisteringly drunk and couldnt figure out how to exit the final cavern on the jetski.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Where's everyone going. Bingo?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just spent awhile playing the village over and over again and practicing routes and crap so I could get out of there with full health + one yellow with 2 full heals in dock. Feeling powerful.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

In Training posted:

Where's everyone going. Bingo?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

RE4 is godlike gaming.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

It's one of those games that I think I've played every port of.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I almost bought it on ps4 last night because I have every other RE on it but I wouldn't have had professional available.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'll probably stream some tonight so everyone can flame me whenever I miss a head shot.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

[Eyeing up Leon Kennedy decked out in full RPD Uniform] What are you a cop or something?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

A friend got me Operation Racoon City and I'm looking forward to whatever hell we find ourselves in.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Sharkopath posted:

A friend got me Operation Racoon City and I'm looking forward to whatever hell we find ourselves in.

Absurd nonsense, but the fun kind that's so bad it's good while also being mercifully short.

(Alright so it's not absolutely terrible but you can tell it's been made by the first dev team who raised their hand when Capcom said "anyone wanna make a non-canon arcadey action spin-off?".)

EDIT:
All this RE4 talk makes me want to reinstall and go through it on Professional with what I consider to be Leon's 'classic' assortment of weapons; just the Matilda, Shotgun and Killer 7, with no upgrades other than matching the ammo capacity to their closest RE2 counterpart.

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jun 28, 2018

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Trying to figure out what I wanna use this time myself, since I pretty much always just use a pistol, rifle and shotgun for 90% of the game. Not sure if I wanna mix it up or go tried and true for my first Pro mode playthrough.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

Let me know how it is it's the one game from this series I know nothing about

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I've never played past the first village in RE4. I wonder if I own it already on PS4? I kinda feel like I do

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

Let me know how it is it's the one game from this series I know nothing about

Very first encounter of the game:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

So its that kind of 3rd person shooter, cover is auto snap to and half the time you're fighting soldiers with guns that even on normal arent much of a joke. Gotta move slow.

Super early on you fight birkin though and its like a reverse sonic escape from the city where your camera is locked looking backwards

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It does a neat thing where when you have your sidearm out and use the right stick it auto shoots zombies near you, I hadn't seen that kind of control before.

If you liked 6 and have a friend or 2 it might be worth it cause it's not a buggy hell or anything, just less exciting/ambitious than 6 was and enemies don't react much to being shot which is not good re feel.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

I've never played past the first village in RE4. I wonder if I own it already on PS4? I kinda feel like I do

as in the like, second room of the game? Dude...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I saw on my map that the area behind the waterfall in the lake opened up at some point so I figured I'd head back and see what was there and got mauled by 6 dogs that were just standing directly in front of the entrance to lake lol.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

as in the like, second room of the game? Dude...

No I mean I made it to the second "act" or whatever where you're in a castle and the girl hides in a suit or armor? Idk this was back when it came out on Wii

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ah ok yeah that's about halfway through . Cool castle in that game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Nice castle

Amazing castle

Amazing looking castle in this game

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

it’s a real good castle

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Ending of Operation Racoon City:

Each player makes an individual choice whether to help Leon and Claire or kill them for Umbrella and it spawns you on teams based on that choice and makes you fight for supremacy of doctrine to get the ending you want.

Neat.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Real short, like maybe 5 hours.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Back on my Bullshit.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm doing the default handgun and knife run now but I can't decide if I wanna upgrade it in this run or go right into un-upgraded...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

As cool as some of those beta versions of RE4 looked I'm still really glad the game came out they way it did. So good.

• Locked thread