Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
It's going to be a long day. But whenever I get stressed out, I just open up this thread and smile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Lol I told you guys

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Wow, time for me to go back and look at DaFrugalGamer's post history to see how prophetic he or she was. No longer will I doubt him or her the next time they make a pick against the spread! It was unwise of us, posters of The Football Forum, to scoff at DaFrugalGamer when they made whatever bold prediction that turned out to be accurate!

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

fsif posted:

Wow, time for me to go back and look at DaFrugalGamer's post history

It's basically :vomarine:

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
Normally, reading these threads is cathartic to me when bad things happen to the Pats. For whatever reason, it's not working today. Maybe because I was too busy today to listen to crybabies on sports radio complain about non-calls and denying that they got absofucking torched by Tiny Hands out there.

Maybe if someone said "gently caress the Pats" that might help tia.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

fsif posted:

Wow, time for me to go back and look at DaFrugalGamer's post history to see how prophetic he or she was. No longer will I doubt him or her the next time they make a pick against the spread! It was unwise of us, posters of The Football Forum, to scoff at DaFrugalGamer when they made whatever bold prediction that turned out to be accurate!

I mean, it's Lord Waffle Beard so....

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
You fools. You started this way too soon. Now the god drat Patriots will be 15-1 :negative:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Athanatos posted:

I mean, it's Lord Waffle Beard so....

Oh. Good intel.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Magnetic North posted:

Normally, reading these threads is cathartic to me when bad things happen to the Pats. For whatever reason, it's not working today. Maybe because I was too busy today to listen to crybabies on sports radio complain about non-calls and denying that they got absofucking torched by Tiny Hands out there.

Maybe if someone said "gently caress the Pats" that might help tia.

It's gonna get worse from here. Welcome to the "all this talent is being wasted because of x weakness of this team" club.

Just kidding, your team sucks poo poo

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Fenrir posted:

You fools. You started this way too soon. Now the god drat Patriots will be 15-1 :negative:

Nah.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

It's probably too much to ask that the Pats completely tank this year and miss the playoffs so I'll be happy with them just being one and done.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
One and done in the wildcard would be just fine.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/09000d5d815a6055/NFL-GameDay-Ravens-vs-Patriots-highlights

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

15 backups who are better than Brady:

Scott Tolzien, Colts
Matt Moore, Dolphins
Colt McCoy, Washington
A.J. McCarron, Bengals
Chad Henne, Jaguars
Geno Smith, Giants
Drew Stanton, Cardinals
Brock Osweiler/Cody Kessler, Browns
Chase Daniel, Saints
Derek Anderson, Panthers
Nick Foles, Eagles
Ryan Mallett, Ravens
Matt Barkley, 49ers
Landry Jones, Steelers
Matt Cassel, Titans

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Osweiler is on the Broncos

(I do get the joke I'm just being a pedant)

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

I have never met a New England Patriot fan in my entire life.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Intruder posted:

Osweiler is on the Broncos

(I do get the joke I'm just being a pedant)

I should've been more careful. Hell, I even managed to ninja edit out Garappolo. :mad:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Would Brady be the person to retire before things go bad or wait until he's about the same as Peyton during his last year?

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

bobjr posted:

Would Brady be the person to retire before things go bad or wait until he's about the same as Peyton during his last year?

He's said he'll retire when he starts to suck.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Yaws posted:

He's said he'll retire when he starts to suck.

doesn't check out, didn't retire on the spot when the clock struck 0:00 last night

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Yaws posted:

I have never met a New England Patriot fan in my entire life.

You lucky bastard.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who is worse, Patriot, Cowboys, or Red Sox fans?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Randaconda posted:

well 2 of those are usually the same thing

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ehud posted:

That's true.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
They should cut Brady and hire Kaepernick and have a rebuilding year

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mel Mudkiper posted:

They should cut Brady and hire Kaepernick and have a rebuilding year

Holy poo poo the Patriot tears would be amazing

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Randaconda posted:

Now that they're going 0-16 there won't be any Pats fans.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ehud posted:

Nah, they're all the same. Those are the fans that leap from fandom to fandom and if you ask them of a "big name" star from the bad years they'll lock up.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Chichevache posted:

Now that they're going 0-16 there won't be any Pats fans.

Then move the team to LA.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Magnetic North posted:

Then move the team to LA.

No, move them to Mexico City

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
The one thing Ill give Cowboys fans over Pats fans is that Cowboys fans are far more willing to accept being the villians and thriving off it.

Pats fans, even after all this time, still seek out ways to be the underdog because they are a bunch of insecure teenagers

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Hey folks just dropping in to remind everyone about the time Aaron Rodgers made Tom Brady look like a bitch and Brady just walked around the sideline yelling "gently caress!" a whole lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4c4xzSpCqE

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Febreeze posted:

The one thing Ill give Cowboys fans over Pats fans is that Cowboys fans are far more willing to accept being the villians and thriving off it.

Pats fans, even after all this time, still seek out ways to be the underdog because they are a bunch of insecure teenagers

I will never stop loving their assumption that the rest of the NFL thinks deflategate was unjust

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I will never stop loving their assumption that the rest of the NFL thinks deflategate was unjust

It was insofar as Tom Brady was not put in a stockade for all to through rotten crops at.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Randaconda posted:

The worst baseball fans are Cardinal fans.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Barudak posted:

It was insofar as Tom Brady was not put in a stockade for all to through rotten crops at.

Like at least the Saints realizes no one else cares about Payton

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Reminder that the Patriots are still winless

Sarah Problem
Sep 24, 2002

Because, if you confess with your mouth that Witten is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved

seiferguy posted:

The worst baseball fans are Cardinal fans.

Truth

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Like at least the Saints realizes no one else cares about Payton

Im pretty sure Saints fans just double checked to make sure we got to stay champions and the were like whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
yeah i brought up that i felt dirty rooting for the saints after cripple-the-opposing-quarterback-and-the-defensive-coordinator-buys-you-a-steak-dinner-gate and the pats fan i know gave me an "if you aren't cheating you aren't trying" and to this goddamn day i can't tell if he was serious or not

• Locked thread