Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Bootcha posted:

Sneaky Git for Wrassle, because if the Saurs can't injure players off the field, someone's gonna have to put some hard work in to stomping elf crotches and CMB chaos. And since skinks can move around and give assists more easily, the worry isn't not breaking armor, it'd be getting kicked off while not breaking armor.

Sure Feet for Fleetfoot. Sprint would make him more dangerous, but Sure Feet would make those two extra steps a much more sure thing, as well as saving re-rolls for unimportant punches and failed break tackles.
I'm seconding this, Sneaky Git for Wrassle and Sure Feet for Fleetfoot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Slaan posted:

I like the way this goon thinks

Diving Tackle and Leap

DT on the lovely skink and leap on fleetfoot

namad
Nov 7, 2013
Fleetfoot Mac Sprint SCORE MORE. Also if people want to be babies and sure feet is one vote away from beating something other than sprint can you uh automatically change my vote to sure feet? because uh, if EITHER wins, next level is clearly going to the other one anyways....

Wrassle Sneaky git why? because if he has diving tackle anyone next to him will just punch him, which would be fine, if he had wrestle which he doesn't! If he rolls normal again he's just fired!

namad fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Nov 18, 2017

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
One does not simply dodge a dive tackle skink, you just punch him to death.

Sneaky Git for Wrassle and Sure Feet for Fleetfoot.

Go on Wrassle, spread the word of our Lord, the Boot.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Side Step for Wrassle
Sprint for Fleetfoot

Pea
Nov 25, 2005
Friendly neighbourhood vegetable
Wrassle is a sneaky git. He's only on the pitch whenever the team is down a player anyway. So the foul option seems like a good alternative to me.

Fleetfoot Mac should get sprint because it fits thematically with his name.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

namad posted:

because if he has diving tackle anyone next to him will just punch him, which would be fine, if he had wrestle which he doesn't! If he rolls normal again he's just fired!

Angry Lobster posted:

One does not simply dodge a dive tackle skink, you just punch him to death.

You dont mark other players with a diving tackle skink, you use him to mark the ball, in screens, and other similar scenarios where the opponent will be denied the ability to move through an important square. It's about locking down a part of the field, not a particular player.

Diving tackle for boring
Sprint for the statmonster

Hutter
Feb 16, 2011

It's been giving me nightmares.
Mozic's Choice for the fate of both skinks.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Diving Tackle for Wrassle
Jump Up for Fleetfoot

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Fire wrassle and get a new skink named rastle

Jump Up for Fleetfoot to demonstrate the ineffectiveness of trying to stop them.

This is basically our last choice for Fleetfoot, yeah? Since now they need another hundred SPP

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Sprint for both because GFIs always work

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Wrassle gets Diving Tackle
Fleetfoot gets Sure Feet

namad
Nov 7, 2013
Can someone explain this to me again? Why sure feet instead of sprint? Sprint opens up new plays. Sure feet can only ever save a team re-roll because you cannot reroll 1gfi two times. I guess there's a 1/6 chance of sure feet letting you take one more gfi (after using sure feet on the first of two desired gfi's with the team reroll being saved for the second gfi?).... so 1/6 chance to do something when gfi'ing? Sprint though gives you a 5/6th's squared chance or 69% chance of being able to attempt a third gfi if you succeed on your first two gfi's of a turn without consuming a team reroll. 69% is greater than 16%. Because really? Who's going to gfi without team reroll protection? Also we never seem to need our team rerolls anyways, let's find a way to waste them.

Really though in my mind it all comes down to one turn touchdown'ing and if we'll literally EVER see one happen in this let's play. I'd like to see one. Although I would be happy to wait 100 SP for sure feet+sprint combo, I'm not sure why convention wisdom seems to be get sure feet first and sprint second?

namad fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Nov 20, 2017

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Sure feet makes him more reliable and functionally ma 11 since there's no risk of losing a team reroll so agent becomes very likely to roll that 1/36. In a vacuum its the better skill

Sprint means easier 1 turns, but more importantly it significantly increased the number of spaces that would be really cool for Fleetwood to be in and its only a few 2+s...

e: in short the options sprint opens up are riskier, and less likely to be of use even if they allow bigger plays than sure feet.

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Nov 20, 2017

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

FoolyCharged posted:

e: in short the options sprint opens up are riskier, and therefore more awesome and they allow bigger plays than sure feet.

ftfy

;)

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Also very true. There is a reason I voted for Sprint after all. Tempting agent to go big and roll lots of 2+s in search of glory is the superior choice.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
People are picking Sure Feet because of the psychological effect of rerolls. Having more rerolls makes you feel "safe", even though it's just a bit safer. But then there's the fact that Sure Feet isn't simply more rerolls. If Sure Feet fails, you don't get to use a team reroll too, you're just suddenly hosed, and then pretty salty that your turn's over prematurely from something with such a low fail chance. And while that's only the same 3% chance (for each GFI) it would be otherwise with a team reroll, that's still really really bad to risk on the ballcarrier on an every-turn basis. I feel like we've seen at least as many GFI double failures as we've seen games at this point, and if you lose the ball, an extra reroll in your pocket's not going to save you. Sure Feet is for the 13% of the time that you'd fail the first GFI roll but succeed the reroll, so that it doesn't eat a team reroll. But that usefulness relies on frequent use and frequent failure. And if you're betting on failure, you won't take the risk in the first place unless you absolutely have to.

More to the point, given Agent's frequent quoting of statistics and "make your opponent roll more dice", he probably already knows all this, and will consciously fight the urge to GFI "unnecessarily". Meaning he's likely not going to be treating a Sure Feet Fleetfoot as MV11 unless he has to...just like he's already been doing before it because Fleetfoot is MV 9-11 already. Sprint can make him 9-12, giving more play options (though riskier), but the only thing Sure Feet will likely end up changing with Agent's playstyle is how successful he is on the occasion he's out of rerolls. (Either for the half, or because he already used one this turn.)

Summation: Sprint is the more useful choice objectively (barring a game in the weather condition that makes GFIs 3+), but Sure Feet feels better, especially to those who like to push their luck frequently. Some people are also probably picking it to try to push for more hilarious GFI failures, but that's not likely to work nearly as well as Sprint giving him the option of a 3GFI right now touchdown occasionally.

Addendum: Many of the "free reroll" skills are more valuable as they govern non 2+ rolls (Pass, Catch, etc.) or confer other benefits (Dodge, Sure Hands, etc.). Sure Feet is an outlier in being good but not great.

Felinoid fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Nov 21, 2017

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Fire Wrassle, Sprint on Fleetfoot.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Ooh! One thing I've always wondered but never had the balls to test: Does Sure Feet save your rear end if you dub-skull a celebration run GFI sideways through the endzone? I wouldn't imagine it would work like Safe Throw in that instance, as that's such an unusual case they probably wouldn't bother ruling for it, but I've always wondered.

Edit: Honestly, Sure Feet would actually be way better if it was simply Safe Throw for GFIs. GFIs would get used a lot more often if you had the ability to "take back" a failed GFI and pretend you never tried.

Felinoid fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Nov 21, 2017

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Fleetwoods got enough movement that those 2 gfis could be the difference in getting punched and being unpunchable.

There's more to team reroll vs skill reroll than psychological though. You only get 1 team reroll per turn and when they start dwindling you can't take as many risks because you need the reroll for later. The skill version means that even if fleetfoot can relatively safely use that extra movement to mark somone or steal/escape with the ball.

Even if a saurus flubs a block earlier in the turn or hes running low on team rerolls and the extra space isnt worth a potential reroll on a key block against a blogger.

He won't do gfis willy nilly, but agent has shown repeatedly that he's not afraid to do them when he stands to gain. And 1/36 once or twice to not get Fleetwood punched is a huge gain for low risk.

e: sprint is hella more fun though.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Skill vote ended and Sprint and diving tackle won.

Here's my opinion on sprint vs surefeet.

Sprint is poo poo.

The reason it's poo poo is the only time you're ever going to make the 3 gfis is when the third gfi actually matters, which is practically never, and at all other times it's a 20tv anchor around your neck. Sure feet has some similar problems but it's useful more often because 1 gfi matters fairly often while 3 matters very rarely.

So they both are kind of bad skills that I generally fire skinks rather than take because they are, on average, not worth 20tv. But since they're attached to a 4agi blodger we just have to put up with either/both of them so whatever.

#hottake

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Well skinks die so temporary problem.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
3 GFIs becomes pretty close to a coin flip for rolling at least one 1, doesn't it?

Agility only really can suck.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Cassa posted:

3 GFIs becomes pretty close to a coin flip for rolling at least one 1, doesn't it?

Especially when most of the players with agility only already start with the only really good agility skill.

namad
Nov 7, 2013

Cassa posted:

57% assuming no sure feet and no team rerolls. Pretty dangerous. Still good odds if it's the only way to give yourself a touchdown.

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

gonadic io posted:

Especially when most of the players with agility only already start with the only really good agility skill.
Side Step and Jump Up both take issue with this statement. Though I guess Jump Up isn't as handy on a ST2 player.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
jump up is useful if the worst thing happens and fleetfoot gets punched to the ground. if he doesent get fouled to death after that he can keep his movement and run away wherever he wants. of course id just pick sprint and sure feet since his job is run a lot not prepare to get punched or fall down. he already has side step which helps pick where he finally dies and i think jump up is a bit excecive after that.

Iretep fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Nov 22, 2017

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
Wrassle gets FED TO A WOODCHIPPER
Fleetfoot follows in Kumquat's footsteps and takes SPRINT

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Lol hi burg.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Burginator posted:

Wrassle gets FED TO A WOODCHIPPER
Fleetfoot follows in Kumquat's footsteps and takes SPRINT

You should come play bloodbowl with us, the new expansion is fun.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Please do.

I believe in Burg. He killed rear end in a top hat Tony. Maybe he can stop the abomination that is Fleetfoot Mac.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Game 16 - Brettonians

Vs. Iretep who also played and beat me with flings way back in game 5 or something.

Not a great game for me, I played it badly and it wasn't a great match up anyway. The rather scattered unfocused level ups on the saurus kind of shows it's weakness when faced with a real sort of try hard line up in the higher TV values. I don't know how much gas is actually left in the tank for the LP team. At high TVs most teams are going to look like these brets and we're going to have worse and worse match ups that our democracy skills haven't prepared us to face. Alot is going to be riding on the next few level ups and games to determine how many more episodes we can really have before every game becomes an awful chore. We'll just have to see.

The good news about the game is we got a ton of saurus spp and levels. I took the holidays off from bloodbowl so it's been a few weeks since I played but I think it was 3 saurus levels? Alot to vote on!

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Normals on Skunt, dubs on Goddars (block/mighty blow) and Mothra (just block).

I'd say Guard for Skunt, just to make his tackle zones the loving worst (though Grab is also very tempting), Tackle for Goddars so you can punch more elves, and Dodge for Mothra just in case we can make another abomination eventually.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
You should commentate goonbowl playoffs, you can talk about mozic's khemri murdering fools.

namad
Nov 7, 2013
Skunt Guard
Goddars Piling On
Mothra Dodge

I don't really remember what the agility and passing skills are, and they weren't highlighted in the video like usually. I guess I might change my vote after I see what other ideas other people have. I'm not really sure if there's anything good for agility/passing saurus and maybe all skills should just be mightyblow/guard until ever saurus has both?

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

I liked that, it was super salty.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

namad posted:

Skunt Guard
Goddars Piling On
Mothra Dodge

This.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

namad posted:

Skunt Guard
Goddars Piling On
Mothra Dodge

These all seem good IMO.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Felinoid posted:

Normals on Skunt, dubs on Goddars (block/mighty blow) and Mothra (just block).

Guard for Skunt
Tackle for Goddars
Dodge for Mothra

As much as I'd like to vote for blodge at all times, tackle is just too good on the MB Saur. At this TV most of the people we'd want to MB punch have dodge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

namad posted:

Skunt Guard
Goddars Piling On
Mothra Dodge

Seconding this.

Piling On is a very good skill that Agent also hates, so taking it should satisfy the people who vote to antagonize the OP while also making the team better.

Should also make for some good TV!

• Locked thread