Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arban
Aug 28, 2017
Break tackle lets the saur go where he wants for amazing / stupid plays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Agent has shown a propensity for dodging Saurii on accident. On top of that he's going to eventually run into a player smart enough to mark his blitzers with cheap fodder. To prevent both of these problems we need an elite blitzer who knows how to break tackle.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Also Jump up requires an agility roll to punch from the ground. And he only has 1 agi

The good and proper pick here would probably be guard. Fortunately this is democracy, so we can make agent Frenzy trap himself instead.

e: Frenzy lets him go where he wants to go too, only he gets to punch along the way :colbert:

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Sep 16, 2017

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Arban posted:

Break tackle lets the saur go where he wants for amazing / stupid plays
Save Break Tackle for the Krox. Sassy Big Guy dodges are real good.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Frenzy Is the clear choice.

Still gotta coerce Agent355 into giving one of those Saurs Wrestle instead of Block.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

4th saurus to hit level 2 can take wrassle instead of block if you guys agree to make him a blitzer.

Which is to say wrassle is good on a 'get the ball out' blitzer and I'm not opposed to it.

namad
Nov 7, 2013
I vote for
Frenzy
Having high movement high strength frenzy makes for a great surfer!
Frenzy is more fun to watch that try hard skills like mighty blow.
Having block on only two saurus right now means that your blitz is really important. Frenzy is a great blitzing skill.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I dunno how blood bowl works all that well but I know that everything is better with Frenzy.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

uPen posted:

Agent has shown a propensity for dodging Saurii on accident. On top of that he's going to eventually run into a player smart enough to mark his blitzers with cheap fodder. To prevent both of these problems we need an elite blitzer who knows how to break tackle.

Exactly. BT would just be inviting him to do it on purpose and always fail.

also Buy an Assistant Coach

namad
Nov 7, 2013
I just want to add here that I am very much looking forward to a game with a team I've never seen.
The teams bb2 adds that bb1 didn't have are what? Bretonian and Slann?
However teams like Underworld and Chaos Dwarves Centaurs were only added to bb2 later on and so I haven't seen that much of them either.

Hutter
Feb 16, 2011

It's been giving me nightmares.
Tackle and buy an Apo already next time, death of England is on your hands! Name next skink Brexit.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Mighty Blow on everything.

Random Axis
Jul 19, 2005

Agent355 posted:

4th saurus to hit level 2 can take wrassle instead of block if you guys agree to make him a blitzer.

Which is to say wrassle is good on a 'get the ball out' blitzer and I'm not opposed to it.

Haven't played in ages, but what would the rest of the build be? I'm thinking Break Tackle and Tackle at least.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Guard or break tackle sounds good, diving tackle would have been fun if we had rolled a double though.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Random Axis posted:

Haven't played in ages, but what would the rest of the build be? I'm thinking Break Tackle and Tackle at least.

Strip Ball before both of those, but yeah that sort of thing.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Leap is a good skill for a wrestling strip baller.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

We're going to have to close the vote a little earlier than I wanted because of Mozic's schedule of availability for recording. So we'll go until tonight at some point.

Currently Frenzy is winning with ~12 votes and Break Tackle Trails behind with only ~4. Plus a smattering of votes for guard, mightyblow, and cheerleaders.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Get an assitant coach

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Random Axis posted:

Wrassle, Break Tackle, Strip ball.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Jump up on dubs for a wrestler isnt a horrible choice either. The other guys is likely on the ground and unpunchable as well so youd be punching on a ball carrier blitz and ignoring the punch from the ground side of the equation.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

It's one-sided enough that I don't really have to count exactly.

We got ourselves a Frenzysaur boiz.

Gantolandon
Aug 19, 2012

Stand firm is the second component to get the ultimate marking player.

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

The IRS gave me a refund. I spent it on this SA account. What was I thinking?!

Agent355 posted:

It's one-sided enough that I don't really have to count exactly.

We got ourselves a Frenzysaur boiz.

BTW, in case you get the fourth saurus to level 2 this match somehow, and so that you might not have to stop and wait for the thread to vote again: I vote for the Wrestle / Strip Ball blitzer too.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Frenzy Because ALWAYS FRENZY

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Net video when? I can't wait to see what team the frenzysaur takes appart and all the CAS.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Next video has a vote attached to it so I'm waiting for friday. For us bloodbowl nutters multiple videos a week is nothing but the more casual watchers probably don't want 2-4 hour long videos a week, thats alot of stuff to get through and if they fall behind they'll just stop watching entirely.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Just you wait for my fun having undies to be ready for these democratic lizards.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
This thread is making me want to buy BB2 and roll up an Elfy Chaos team with a Mino ball carrier...

Someone convince me that this is a bad idea

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

PotatoManJack posted:

This thread is making me want to buy BB2 and roll up an Elfy Chaos team with a Mino ball carrier...

:justpost:

We have 50 some odd people in the discord, join the party.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

If I had the money to I'd buy in a heartbeat and attempt an Ogrepowering team. Alas I will just have to watch and cheer from the sidelines.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

PotatoManJack posted:

Remember how many people tried to kill the last Minoball carrier?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

As an FYI Agent, the link seems to be expired sadly.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

https://discord.gg/CrYDjqd

Pretty sure I told it to never expire, but here it goes again. Thats a new one that I just pulled, so it should work?

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

Veloxyll posted:

Remember how many people tried to kill the last Minoball carrier?

And yet he still lives!

Or at least, he never died... I'm not sure what his actual state of existence is considering he's a BB1 player

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Good news, BB2 has a custom team option where you can level up players (or give injuries) however you want, allowing you to recreate your favorite teams from BB1 inside BB2. The minotaur can live on.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

To be a bit counter to other people in this thread. I bought this game on Xbox One when it first game out, was on a bit of a kick with it for a bit, and then stopped. This is making me want to pick it back up again! Maybe finally finish up the campaign mode while i'm at it.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Agent355 posted:

https://discord.gg/CrYDjqd

Pretty sure I told it to never expire, but here it goes again. Thats a new one that I just pulled, so it should work?

Ayy, this one works. Or it could have just been assy with me trying to join via browser instead of via Discord.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

The only good elf is a dead elf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Apo working as intended.