Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
This is almost enough to make me want to get BB2 and turn your skinks into a fine paste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
You should name ALL the saurii for different kaiju Godzilla fights. I vote Mothra first.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Drowning Rabbit posted:

It was still very useful. I have one question that seems really silly, the dice faces, I get the arrow, just pushes, the Skull, you fall down, The explosion(?) you knock the other player down, explosion with skull, you BOTH fall down, what is the explosion with a exclamation point? Is that the one you knock them down with a chance to injure? Or is it just a higher chance of injury? Does explosion imply chance for injury?

This whole armor/injury thing is something that I am kind of mystified by.

Also, as someone who feels like they're likely to just play punch-man Orks, I now feel like it's an rear end in a top hat move to play in a league like that since it's mostly punch-man and injuries trying to slowly march the ball across the field. That an accurate idea of the Ork play?

The explosion with the exclamation point is called "pow/push" and does the largely the same thing as the regular explosion. The only difference is anyone with the Dodge skill can treat that result like a regular push (which the little skinks on Agent's team have).

The armor/injury thing is pretty straightforward, actually. Any time you hit the pitch for any reason (fall down, get knocked over, ect) you roll for armor on 2d6. If the result of those dice are higher than your Armor Value, you roll on the injury table. You roll 2d6 again, and the results dictate how injured you are. 2-7 is Stunned (can't do anything next turn), 8-9 is KO'd (removed from the pitch with a 50% chance to come back before every kickoff), and 10-12 is Casualty (you're done for the game). Like everything else in this game there are skills or other things to modify almost all of these numbers, but thems the basics. Oh and every Casualty has a 1/6 chance in resulting in death!

Yeah, Orcs play real slow and punch and for what we call the 2-1 grind.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Iretep posted:

The main min maxy problem with shadowing on a saur is bash dont dodge much anyway. Its mainly an anti elf skill. Lizards dont really have that much problem with dealing with elves anyway so its kind of wasteful skill to take if you want to maximise just being good at your weakness, other bash teams. You beat elves by 2-1 grinding them well and murdering them. Shadowing is nice but not critical. You beat other bash by having more murder skills, defence and guard.

Remember, Goon LP teams aren't about making the best team possible. They are about making the person playing them suffer for our amusement.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Donnerberg posted:

It feels more unforgiving than XCOM since there's no actions with a 100% chance of success. Well, you get a 100% on breaking armor with a foul if enough guys help, but even then you can get red carded.

Both games are awesome of course.

On the flip side of this, there are no actions with a 100% chance of failure either. Roll enough 6s and the world is your oyster, as proven by Ramtut III: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF970PbAmpc&t=1212s

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
Frenzy

Best blitzer skill.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
Jump up is a double on saurii and thus not an option on this particular skill up. I say this as someone with a big gay boner for jump up.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
+AG is the only real option here. And when he dies you'll get some nice TV to work with!

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

PotatoManJack posted:

I don't care what anyone says, we need a leaping skink by the end of the LP :colbert:

I actually had a regular leaping skink in Random Skill League. He got in a few good jumps before dying to a random block :(

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Cassa posted:

Speaking of skills, I was looking at bbtactics to try and get abreast of what some of them actually did, or do I just have to read that drat LRB still?

Fumbbl's help page here is actually super helpful even if you don't play there. Found this nice quicky skill cheat sheet there: http://coachchainsaw.blogspot.co.uk/p/skills.html

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
Block
and
Grab

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

namad posted:

Is wrestle actually better on skinks than saurus? or does this team usually just have 0 wrestle? Wouldn't a skink with wrestle basically never use it because fleetfoot is too good a blitzer? Or is it possible to build a wrestle strip ball skink to run into danger and die? Leaving fleetfoot purely for pickups and scores? I guess I could be persuaded to change my vote, and get on board. I just don't currently comprehend.

Wrestle and Strip Ball are both doubles on a skink. The odds are you will only ever get one double per player for the life of them (six skill ups, odds are 1/6 for dubs) so you really can't count on it. Wrestle is generally not used on lizards because you want your saurii punching every opportunity you can and skinks you want mobile.

Fleetfoot is really just a freak of nature.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

FoolyCharged posted:

It's too late, we already voted for all the boring skills that every other lizard team ever has. Because we enjoy throwing away the power to make this team unique.

Always that fine line between wanting to watch a good team and wanting Agent to suffer.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

DeathSandwich posted:

I mean, a blodger with guard shadowing and sidestep is basically an extremely leveled amazon blitzer or wardancer. The former is a pretty uncommonly played team and the latter is kind of an edge case. Both are low armor gangfoul targets at pretty much any TV and I wouldn't necessarily dedicate a saurus to wrestle in order to more efficiently gank them.

Edit: Has an LP team done Norse yet? They are fighty but still a reasonable speed and they already have block on a large portion of their positionals so you can vote for more funhaver skills without having a completely worthless player on the field. They have low armor and die in droves but that should be considered an extra special LP bonus because any badly voted players won't be around terribly long.

Yep, I did one! I forgot to get it archived but you can watch it here:
First league (8 teams, full round robin + playoffs): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC6BC4DD8E126EADC
Second league (16 teams, many returning, full round robin + playoffs again): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL88C800B7E83A12D2

Looks like some of the videos got dropped from the second playlist but I think they're all still uploaded on my channel, plus the dumb bonus video Agent355 and I did for the realtime mode in BB1. (EDIT: proclick for Agent laughing like a loon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ0xHqTshgA&t=149s)

FoolyCharged posted:

It was Yapo. That one in particular was interesting in that its the only BB lp we've had that operated in a short league/tournament style. All the others have just been open play until the guy playing gets bored and quits.

Yeah I was really trying to distinguish myself because I started it right after cKnoor finished his and wanted to do something different. In hindsight I shouldn't have used multiple commentators and such but I was dumb and it was my first LP so wugd? Also it was an awful production pace and I couldn't really take a week off or play ahead or pick up an easy game to get MNGs back or anything.

Blackmage Yapo fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Oct 23, 2017

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Agent355 posted:

It's basically the punching equivalent of sidestep in that it lets you set up blatantly unfair positional games. My grab gimmick team functions hilariously well but they have to be like 1500-1600 before you have enough grab/block to actually make it work, and by that time you're running into teams with piles of guard and murder players and they tend to kinda fall apart.

They make loving mincemeat of less bashy teams though, hilariously so.

gently caress your grab teams so hard. I hate them so much.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
Sprint

GOTTA GO FAST!

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
Blood bowl 2 is on sale again: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/192166/

50% off for the base game but only 25% for legendary edition though

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
Blood bowl 2 is on sale again, but this time through Humble Store! https://www.humblebundle.com/store/blood-bowl-2-legendary-edition

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
Break Tackle

Gotta be able to threaten a surf from ANYWHERE.

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP

Rorahusky posted:

have more opportunities to Frenzy Trap ourselves.

As a certified Frenzy Expert®, I really hate people talking about frenzy traps. It's really not a thing when you get used to using frenzy and assists. I mean sure sometimes you'll know you're following up into a -2db but you decide to take the block anyway knowing it's gonna happen.

That being said you can totally wreck new players who have frenzy units without block by leaving a target out with a poo poo followup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackmage Yapo
Mar 27, 2008

Odin You Sad I Have
All The SPP
I really wish there was an option for Khemri cheerleaders. I would use it on every team I made.

• Locked thread