Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Thank you for filling the GNU Order shaped hole in my heart with a Blood Bowl 2 LP!

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Sep 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Maz (Moz?), you might want to check out Khermi or Undead if you want big numbers. They get 3 dice blocks more often than most.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Now that you mention it, a shadowing saurus would really tie this team together.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Veloxyll posted:

You can only ever get +2 to a stat. And stats are capped at 10.

I wonder if BB2 still lets you queue the whole movement and forces you to get shadowed to hell

I'm fairly sure the movement stops after the shadowing attempt even if the player being shadowed managed to dodge away successfully.

I used to put shadowing on one of my gutter runners after block and sidestep, and it bothered me that shadowing wasn't as unforgiving as in BB1.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Sep 12, 2017

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

There's two sides to that.

You're right that all the repositioning you can squeeze out of a tree is useful, but there could be other players stuck in its tacklezone that you don't want to step away from. I haven't seen the new match yet so they may have said this, but that's why it's normal to get the grab skill on treemen. When a player with grab blocks someone, they can push in any direction instead of just the three tiles facing away from them. It's especially useful if the tree roots itself, letting the tree punch a guy in circles around it.

If you were thinking about blitzes, where the trees runs and punches, the block already counts as moving into that tile even if the tree doesn't follow the victim after the block. Blitzing doesn't extend a players movement.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Sep 13, 2017

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

It feels more unforgiving than XCOM since there's no actions with a 100% chance of success. Well, you get a 100% on breaking armor with a foul if enough guys help, but even then you can get red carded.

Both games are awesome of course.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Sep 14, 2017

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

That was a real fun match! You might even say, it worked me up into a FRENZY.

For the non Blood Bowl people following this, Dark Elves can take two assassins, but they're rarely seen on tryhard teams. They're pricey and don't bring a lot to the table with their low armor, movement 6, shadowing and stab. They might as well be the Dark Elves big guys since they're the unreliable fun-haver pick.

Hemlock is sick with his jump up, sidestep, blodge, but there's another cool, stab combo. There's a strength skill called multiblock. It lets you block two players at once at a huge strength handicap. It's only viable on strength 6 players. However, assassins can take the skill on doubles, and it does exactly what you think. Twice the stabbing with no penalty.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

:eyepop:

I see the Skaven wish to challenge the Orcs for best cheerleaders!

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

+AG. Time to turn that Skink into The Nightcrawler.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Diving tackle.

Give me the chance to vote for a gimmick player and I'll do it. Diving tackle fucks over elves. Also, BB2's dodge prediction does not warn the other player about diving tackle. People constantly forget that you have it unless they have the floaty, skill boxes enabled. I'd pick it on my own guys if I could stop myself from min-maxing.

Dodge first would make a more interesting player down the line when he finally gets block, but that could take 10 to 15 games. Diving tackle is instant satisfaction even if it stunts his development.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Sep 30, 2017

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Nice to see the super skink do a thing after spending all last match in the injury box.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

This match is a real hoot! A jiggle physics, green pair of hooters if you would.

I'm just pausing on turn 9 to say you missed a flashy surf. The lineman marking the frenzysaurus was five pushes from a surf. I'm not good enough at numbers to know if it was likely to succeed.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Oct 6, 2017

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Fleetwood: Wrestle.

Papa G: Tackle.

Skunt: Break Tackle.

Money: Level 2 Stadium upgrade.

Cheerleaders: Orcs.

Goon bowl dwarves: I agree that new players should be allowed to play them.

I think wrestle is the thing to make Fleetwood a cage diving rear end in a top hat. It will get him killed, but until that happens he'll be a lot of fun.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Oct 7, 2017

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Rorahusky posted:

Can we get a full list of all the Pelf names, just so we can see the angry ranting in full?

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

There's another saurus left without a skill, Starance. Papa G is a level 2 guy with block.

Beaten to the post.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

namad posted:

This match up was very interesting for me (maybe because saur-ball is over). Although now that we're at a higher TV is it maybe worth spending a small amount of time each video discussing the enemy team's levelups? now that each enemy team has a dozen or more level ups, and some of the enemy level up's are more exotic than just block/dodge.

Or am I just a n00b who needs to get better at learning those icons myself by pausing and googling it? (note I actually did google all the ones in this match so I don't need them explained, just wondering for the future.)

I think Agent did a good job and covered all the skills that came into play. Maybe it's more an issue of the icons being hard to identify?

Here's an icon cheat-sheet you could use in the future if that helps. It's missing a few icons. I couldn't find a more comprehensive one.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Oct 11, 2017

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Going For It isn't cursed.

It works perfectly fine 83.33% of the time.

The remaining 16.67% is every time you try to score with a GFI.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Can we do a money spending vote too since you went up to 170.000?

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Nice!

Then I'm voting +movement on Fleetfoot Mac, and a Magician's shop for more chaos.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Oct 13, 2017

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Wrestle
Grab

We're at the team value where the guard arms race starts, but Agent is good and I'm sure he can make it work even if he's behind on guard.

Teddybear posted:

You should buy a new skink, and name him Wrestle.
+vote

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Oct 21, 2017

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Sprint for more dice to roll badly and more chances to die.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Mighty blow, stadium upgrade and orc cuties.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Juggernaut!

The frenzysaur is our dedicated surfer. We have the beer tent to make surfs better. Juggernaut will make him as good at surfing as it is possible to become. It lets him override stand firm and fend, and it changes both down into a push even if the other guy has wrestle.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Nov 10, 2017

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

I get Agents frustration, but it was a fun match to watch.

Diving tackle for Wrassle. It's the closest he can get to wrestling dudes without rolling doubles. Leap for Fleetfoot Mac.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Nov 18, 2017

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Voyager I posted:

Why would you take Leap on a player who can already 2+ virtually anywhere?

Leap opens up a new option when body blocked and also it's an exciting new way to break his neck. One of these reasons is more important than the other.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

Please do.

I believe in Burg. He killed rear end in a top hat Tony. Maybe he can stop the abomination that is Fleetfoot Mac.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

PotatoManJack posted:

Guard
PILING AWN!!!
Dodge

This.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

It's alive! It's alive! :science::justpost:

• Locked thread