Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Honestly, two gunners on a first drive on defense isn't that bad of an idea. It puts more strength on the field (though arguably not as relevant vs lizards), and keeps your gunners from getting mulched before you can even use them. My first rats game I stuck all four out from turn 1, and only had two of them available for the next game, nevermind the rest of that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

We will get plenty more opportunities for Dodge, and I too know the pain of sauruses who don't have Block for ages. My lizard team ended up with three blodging sauruses, and one of them had his first two rolls be 12 and doubles, so I had to wait until the third skillup to give him bloody Block. (Yes I gave him Sure Hands and yes it was awesome eventually, but that's not the point.) Please go with Block for the sake of Agent's sanity.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Break Tackle for Skunt, Block for Fleetfoot, and Tackle for Papa G because I'm boring.
Level 2 Stadium and dorf cheerleaders because I haven't seen them. :shrug:

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

+MA for Fleetfoot because we must now build the bullshittiest skink.
Beer Stand because surfs should always be encouraged, and maybe someone will finally get wrecked. This has been such an unbloody bowl.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

ZiegeDame posted:

You need to not think of Starance as a Saurus with Wrestle. You need to look to the future, and start thinking of him as a Saurus with wrestle and strip ball and break tackle (and Jump Up if he gets doubles). This is about having a giant blue ball-seeking missile. This is about making Agent ram a dinosaur into cages and throwing -2dbs because 5-out-of-6 that ball is touching the ground. And then our unstoppable rat-skink grabs that ball from anywhere because tackle zones mean nothing. This is about watching exciting bullshit plays.

Vote for Fun. Vote for Hope. Vote for the Future. Vote for the King of Skills

Also Guard I guess.

Seconding this so hard. Also liking the skink named Wrestle.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Sidestep for now. Just to make him the worst.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Mighty Blow for Goddars because he just murdered a dude. Do it again! Do it again! And a pretty stadium for us to splatter more blood on.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

I'm tempted to vote for Juggernaut for maximum surf chance, but that can be the next skill after Break Tackle.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Cassa posted:

Feetfingers and Wrassle are 1 SPP off a level, is it worth feeding them the easy touchdowns? Or not until Fleetfoot is super dead?

Any skinks besides fleetfoot levelling right now is just bloat. A skink that we're only using for screening and assists (which is all of them) having sidestep is not worth 20TV.
Once he's dead, sure. Somebody will have to eat the touchdown SPP.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

pumpinglemma posted:

Would it not be worth giving some non-Fleetfoot skink Kick?

Kick's General, and skinks only have Agility access on normals. Otherwise yeah that'd be decent when some loser skink got 2 MVPs.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Sprint for the best gunner skink, and fire Wrassle and make a new one because skinks don't deserve levels (that aren't dubs). Diving Tackle if you're not willing to do that.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

People are picking Sure Feet because of the psychological effect of rerolls. Having more rerolls makes you feel "safe", even though it's just a bit safer. But then there's the fact that Sure Feet isn't simply more rerolls. If Sure Feet fails, you don't get to use a team reroll too, you're just suddenly hosed, and then pretty salty that your turn's over prematurely from something with such a low fail chance. And while that's only the same 3% chance (for each GFI) it would be otherwise with a team reroll, that's still really really bad to risk on the ballcarrier on an every-turn basis. I feel like we've seen at least as many GFI double failures as we've seen games at this point, and if you lose the ball, an extra reroll in your pocket's not going to save you. Sure Feet is for the 13% of the time that you'd fail the first GFI roll but succeed the reroll, so that it doesn't eat a team reroll. But that usefulness relies on frequent use and frequent failure. And if you're betting on failure, you won't take the risk in the first place unless you absolutely have to.

More to the point, given Agent's frequent quoting of statistics and "make your opponent roll more dice", he probably already knows all this, and will consciously fight the urge to GFI "unnecessarily". Meaning he's likely not going to be treating a Sure Feet Fleetfoot as MV11 unless he has to...just like he's already been doing before it because Fleetfoot is MV 9-11 already. Sprint can make him 9-12, giving more play options (though riskier), but the only thing Sure Feet will likely end up changing with Agent's playstyle is how successful he is on the occasion he's out of rerolls. (Either for the half, or because he already used one this turn.)

Summation: Sprint is the more useful choice objectively (barring a game in the weather condition that makes GFIs 3+), but Sure Feet feels better, especially to those who like to push their luck frequently. Some people are also probably picking it to try to push for more hilarious GFI failures, but that's not likely to work nearly as well as Sprint giving him the option of a 3GFI right now touchdown occasionally.

Addendum: Many of the "free reroll" skills are more valuable as they govern non 2+ rolls (Pass, Catch, etc.) or confer other benefits (Dodge, Sure Hands, etc.). Sure Feet is an outlier in being good but not great.

Felinoid fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Nov 21, 2017

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Ooh! One thing I've always wondered but never had the balls to test: Does Sure Feet save your rear end if you dub-skull a celebration run GFI sideways through the endzone? I wouldn't imagine it would work like Safe Throw in that instance, as that's such an unusual case they probably wouldn't bother ruling for it, but I've always wondered.

Edit: Honestly, Sure Feet would actually be way better if it was simply Safe Throw for GFIs. GFIs would get used a lot more often if you had the ability to "take back" a failed GFI and pretend you never tried.

Felinoid fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Nov 21, 2017

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Normals on Skunt, dubs on Goddars (block/mighty blow) and Mothra (just block).

I'd say Guard for Skunt, just to make his tackle zones the loving worst (though Grab is also very tempting), Tackle for Goddars so you can punch more elves, and Dodge for Mothra just in case we can make another abomination eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

You are such a liar. You used Sprint on turn 13 to supplement the lightning bolt. :colbert:

• Locked thread