Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

The IRS gave me a refund. I spent it on this SA account. What was I thinking?!
So, a strategy question. I'm fairly new to Blood Bowl but considering picking up the board game. And on turn 7 of the first half, when you failed the handoff to your saurus who was in scoring position, why did you decide against using the reroll? My gut instinct was "Take the reroll now: this is what it's for. You make this roll, that's 3 SPP on your saurus." Guaranteed, even, since he was six spaces away from the endzone. So I was surprised to see that you chose not to use the reroll in that situation, and save it for later. I haven't watched turn 8 yet, but surely a "if I make this roll I get 3 SPP" (and a TD) situation is better than any hypothetical future use you might make of that roll in turn 8?

Now, maybe the answer is going to be "Yeah, I should have done that, and not doing it was a mistake". But if you had a reason for not doing it, then I'd like to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

Agent355 posted:

It's one-sided enough that I don't really have to count exactly.

We got ourselves a Frenzysaur boiz.

BTW, in case you get the fourth saurus to level 2 this match somehow, and so that you might not have to stop and wait for the thread to vote again: I vote for the Wrestle / Strip Ball blitzer too.

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

Iretep posted:

You can only take the same stat up twice. Which is rarely relevant since rolling the same stat up 3 times is pretty rare.
Still had this happen to one of my trees

It's slightly more accurate to say that you can only boost a stat to 2 past its starting value. There's an entry in the official Blood Bowl FAQ from GW that asks "If I had a player with two +STR boosts, and then he got a -STR injury, and I rolled +STR again, can I take it?" And the answer is yes. Because that player is now only at +1 total STR, you can take a third +STR boost to put him at a total of +2 total STR. This is a ridiculously low-probability situation, but given how many games of Blood Bowl get played every week, it has to have happened at some point.

Also, no stat can ever go past 10. So if you roll a 10 on a halfling treeman's skillup roll (which allows you to take +AV or +MA), you're not allowed to take +AV since he already starts at 10. (And you'd be an idiot not to take +MA in that situation: a treeman who goes from 2 to 3 MA becomes incredibly useful. That's a 50% increase in move allowance for a treeman, and it makes him an amazing player). Or if you roll 10 twice on a Skaven Gutter Runner, you can take the first one as +MA to bring his move allowance to 10, but the second roll would have to be +AV or a skill.

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

Looking through the list of Agility and Pass skills, none of them are as valuable as Block. Sure, Dodge would produce a blodger eventually... but that's only at 16 SPP. Which means he'd have to rack up 10 SPP — five casualties — with no Block dice. That's going to take FOREVER. Meanwhile, we have six Sauri on the team, and doubles is a 1/6 chance. That means that on average, if we level every Saurus we can expect one of them to roll doubles. This time around it's Goddars, but at level 2 we can expect another doubles roll, and at that point we can make our blodger. If we give Goddars Dodge right now, he's going to take FOREVER to get his second level, which is no fun.

TL;DR: Voting for Block is the funhaver choice this time.

Tax Refund
Apr 15, 2011

If a player with Grab pushes a player with Side Step, which skill wins?

• Locked thread