Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Diving Tackle.

Voyager I fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Sep 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
That's what, four Block Saurs now? While I was a jerk and voted for schadenfreude, I am excited by the prospect of games where you handle the ball with Skinks and maybe even get to click the 'End Turn' button.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
If a player stays on the ground to avoid getting punched, it is always okay to step on them instead :colbert:

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Aeromancia posted:

Skunt = Break Tackle

Papa G = Tackle

Fleetfoot Mac = Block

Money = Level 2 Stadium

Keep the Orcs, let newbies play Dorfs

Tempting to pick more fun options, but a blodge AG4 seems ridiculous.

Seconding this.

I'm okay for comedy levels, but we're going to enable way more hot bullshit by making the AG4 Blodge Skinkmoster that was meant to be.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
+Movement on Fleetfoot for maximum bullshit, Beer Stand stadium upgrade to let the Frenzy Saur shine and because Agent seems to like surfing a lot.

Wizardhaus is probably going to be a terrible idea because it's just giving every coach a free chance to shoot Fleetfoot with a lightning bolt.

EDIT: Also Agent's players can't kill anything, so they really need the help.

Voyager I fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Oct 13, 2017

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Fleetfoot still has room to grow, and none of the other skinks are going to leverage skills better than the stunty blodging gutter runner.

It also makes things easier for Agent when he only has one skink he has to worry about keeping alive and he can freely use the rest for screening or risky plays (see: the turn where Fleetfoot runs into the cage, kills the ballcarrier, and then runs back out to safety to let some other, shittier skink risk the pickup).

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Block for the Saurus because Wrestle Saurs are tragedy bad instead of comedy bad.

Guard for Lincon over MB or BT - we already have two Blitzer builds who would be better at leveraging those skills, and we're about to be pushing 1500 TV with 0 strength amplifiers.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

namad posted:

Is wrestle actually better on skinks than saurus? or does this team usually just have 0 wrestle? Wouldn't a skink with wrestle basically never use it because fleetfoot is too good a blitzer? Or is it possible to build a wrestle strip ball skink to run into danger and die? Leaving fleetfoot purely for pickups and scores? I guess I could be persuaded to change my vote, and get on board. I just don't currently comprehend.

Wrestle is a specialty skill. As a general rule it's better to have your men standing up than lying down, and this is doubly important on a team like Lizardmen that wants to outmuscle their opponent with only seven non-stunty players - a Saurus lying down is a substantial amount of field control conceded. For a generic punchmans player, Block is even further preferable because it gives you a chance to remove players. Lying down to cuddle with an Elf isn't going to get you a man advantage or any SPP. The only players that want wrestle are using it for a job. Generally they're either ballhawks purpose-built to pop the ball free by any means necessary, or they're roadblock linos whose job is to be annoying to punch and stuff Blitzes and who don't plan to be throwing many blocks themselves.

This isn't to suggest that a Saurus would be a bad ballhawk - they're big, reasonably fast, and have access to general skills - it's just that Saurs need to be the backbone of the team and they can't do that lying down. A Skink would actually be a pretty sweet ballhawk in the same way that Gunners work, except they don't have reliable access to the necessary and a Skink with only one of Wrestle / Strip Ball is not good at any job.

EDIT: let's look at the dynamics of punching with Block vs Wrestle to really break this down. If you knock a dude down with block, you control him - the only way your opponent can get that player free is to either risk the dodge or spend his blitz to clear your player away. If he's not willing to do that, he either stands up to get punched again or leaves him on the ground and takes his own player out of the game for that turn. If you do the same thing with Wrestle, you're essentially conceding that control to your opponent - his player is free to walk away on his turn, or he can just stand up and cover your dude on the ground to claim the dominant position. This is also why Wrestle is good on players who expect to get punched.

Voyager I fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Oct 22, 2017

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

FoolyCharged posted:

Considering that the vote you're referncing was actually about power now or some more pain now for immense power later comparing it to agi 1 leaping is a bit disingenous.

Same with the runner up skills this vote, not the best, optimal skills to have but still good useful skills that would get used unlike agi leap.

The other argument against Wrestle is that in addition to being bad, it's not even funny on a Saurus. He's going to spend most of his time doing the normal thing of running up to people and trying to punch them - he'll just be doing it worse.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

FoolyCharged posted:

Unless they're a blodger with guard, shadowing, side step, etc in which case the removing that skill from this turn could very well be worth removing that saurus for this turn.
It's not optimal but calling it uninteresting and without use is just wrong.

Nobody has made the argument that Wrestle is a poo poo skill with no redeeming qualities - the argument has been that it is a situational skill with niche uses, which is not contradicted by extremely narrow examples of specific situations where Wrestle would be preferable. We know it does a job worth doing, it's just not a job you do often enough to justify building a Saurus around it.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Shadowing is a general skill, so while it would be fantastically obnoxious on him he can't use it yet.

While I'm tempted to go with some combination of Sprint / Sure Feet for maximum bullshittery, Sidestep would also be a very solid choice on him.

EDIT: Catch doesn't really help on Fleetfoot because we have nobody to pass the ball to him and nobody that could even sanely develop into a thrower.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

FoolyCharged posted:

Catch is actually deceptively good on lizards because it works on hand offs.

This is true, but if it ever comes to that Fleetfoot is more likely to be the one making the handoff than receiving it. He's far and away the best player on the team at picking up and carrying the ball, and he's such a valuable target that you don't want to expose him by running him down the field as a receiver. Even then I'm not sure it's likely to come up, because there aren't that many plays involving Agi 3 shenanigans that are safer than just having Fleetfoot bullshit his way through a team from midfield.

I'm still torn between making his a disgusting speed machine with Sprint/Sure Feet or just making him a more generic rear end in a top hat with Sidestep.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Gonna actually go out and vote Sidestep in the hopes it encourages Agent to use Fleetfoot more dangerously.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Seconding Break Tackle.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Conceding does not undo anything that happens during a game.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

uPen posted:

Anyone who votes for juggernaut on this level but doesn't vote grab on the next saurus is gonna get called the gently caress out.

I could see the argument for Juggernaut / Stand Firm if the plan was to turn t his guy into the undisputed king of the sideline, which is actually pretty reasonable for an LP player.

Break Tackle is still better as part of this plan because way more surfs are gonna be prevented by him getting marked / screened than by both downs.

Voyager I fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Nov 13, 2017

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Why would you take Leap on a player who can already 2+ virtually anywhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

namad posted:

Skunt Guard
Goddars Piling On
Mothra Dodge

Seconding this.

Piling On is a very good skill that Agent also hates, so taking it should satisfy the people who vote to antagonize the OP while also making the team better.

Should also make for some good TV!

• Locked thread