Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Good to see more Blood Bowl LPs. I was an avid watcher back during the first round of BB LPs, and I hope we get some more goons into it to play against you so it's not just Grognards Tryhards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Drowning Rabbit posted:

It was still very useful. I have one question that seems really silly, the dice faces, I get the arrow, just pushes, the Skull, you fall down, The explosion(?) you knock the other player down, explosion with skull, you BOTH fall down, what is the explosion with a exclamation point? Is that the one you knock them down with a chance to injure? Or is it just a higher chance of injury? Does explosion imply chance for injury?

The explosion symbol with the exclaimation point is Defender Stumbles, which is treated as a normal knockdown just like the normal explosion symbol, unless your opponent has Dodge, in which case it only counts as a push. It's one of the reasons why Dodge, along with Block, are considered some of the most important skills to have early on, since it negates the 'bad' effects of one of your Block Dice rolls.

And yes, you can have both abilities on a player, affectionately known in the community as being a Blodge player. Blodgers are annoying to deal with since normally, they only get knocked down when punched on 1 out of 6 dice results as opposed to the 3-on-6 you'd normally have.

Rorahusky fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Sep 10, 2017

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Shadowing is just one of those skills that can really trip people up, even experienced players, because if you ever /forget/ that Shadowing is a Thing you have to deal with, it can lead to some hilarious 'Watch this fucker have to roll five dodges in a row' moments as the Shadowing character hounds their every step.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

I'm going to be nice to you and say Block

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Can we get a full list of all the Pelf names, just so we can see the angry ranting in full?

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Man 355, you really need to buy some real spikes for your armor instead of those fake styrofoam spikes you're using, because you just can't get a cas for love or money.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

+MA on Fleetfoot for maximum bullshit. Had you not rolled so well, I would have said Sidestep just for annoyance value.

Also voting for the Nuffle Alter, cause I wanna see me some Star Playahs.

Rorahusky fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Oct 13, 2017

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Block for Starence, Guard for Lincoln, so we can better leverage our strength advantage.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

You people are spelling it wrong. The skink's name should be WRASSLE, in all caps.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

FoolyCharged posted:

It's too late, we already voted for all the boring skills that every other lizard team ever has. Because we enjoy throwing away the power to make this team unique.

The problem with trying to make a team unique for the sake of being unique is that it quickly makes most of the the team basically useless at higher TV, and that ironically leads to games that are ultimately boring because your options on doing anything useful become limited. The very first Blood Bowl LP team on the forums was cKnoor's Changer of Plays, and because people went wild with niche skills, there were maybe three or four useful players on the entire team, and the rest existed basically to serve as punching bags while Mister Hadwich scored every single touchdown.

It's better to get your basic, 'boring' skills first before you start trying to go for uniqueness, because at least then you'll have a solid base from which to try wild and crazy poo poo rather than a team who may once in six games try anything crazy simply because even playing cautiously will result in a one in three chance of failure and being crazy is wildly more dangerous.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Gonna have to vote for Side Step, let's just make him the most bullshit skink ever.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Mighty Blow, since Agent355 needs all the help he can get with murdering people considering how many times we've heard him say how bad he is at rolling injuries or how well the opposing team's AV holds up.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

TARGET ELIMINATED.

That said, I vote for Break Tackle, so that we can move our Frenzier better and have more opportunities to Frenzy Trap ourselves.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Wrassle gets Sidestep and Fleetfoot I'm gonna say should get Jump Up, so he can continue being the single most bullshit player imaginable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

namad posted:

Skunt Guard
Goddars Piling On
Mothra Dodge

This.

• Locked thread