Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
namad
Nov 7, 2013
Maybe Agent355 would be willing to compromise? Surely, once he has four copies of block he could open the voting up? Heck, there's even a chance some people would've VOTED for block on half the saurus in the first place!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namad
Nov 7, 2013
I vote for
Frenzy
Having high movement high strength frenzy makes for a great surfer!
Frenzy is more fun to watch that try hard skills like mighty blow.
Having block on only two saurus right now means that your blitz is really important. Frenzy is a great blitzing skill.

namad
Nov 7, 2013
I just want to add here that I am very much looking forward to a game with a team I've never seen.
The teams bb2 adds that bb1 didn't have are what? Bretonian and Slann?
However teams like Underworld and Chaos Dwarves Centaurs were only added to bb2 later on and so I haven't seen that much of them either.

namad
Nov 7, 2013
I vote for buying an apothecary.

namad
Nov 7, 2013
I'd just like to take this opportunity to vote AGAINST leap. Stunty players have no need for leap.

namad
Nov 7, 2013
Yes we can expect to roll doubles 1/6th of the time. Which means yes we'll probably get dodge at some point in the not to distant future.
However +ma or +av is a very rare roll! you get what? 1/12th? or 1/18th of the time?

It's a shame we didn't get +ma on the saurus with frenzy, that would've made for an amazing blitzer. On the flip side having an extra point of AV means that when you don't have block and you roll both down, you're much less likely to die.

So of course I'm voting for Dodge Agent355 has been avoiding an elf team all along, this will finally open him up to facing off against some crazy elven coaches.

EDIT: Also if we're going to only give 5/6 saurus block, it makes sense that the one that doesn't get block at level 1 should be one with a special roll. Maybe people should be voting for wrestle? who knows. Block is a bit boring though considering that the next two level up's will also be block 100%.

EDIT: my option isn't going to win, so like a baby I'll change my vote to Dodge.

namad fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Oct 1, 2017

namad
Nov 7, 2013

namad posted:

Yes we can expect to roll doubles 1/6th of the time. Which means yes we'll probably get dodge at some point in the not to distant future.
However +ma or +av is a very rare roll! you get what? 1/12th? or 1/18th of the time?

It's a shame we didn't get +ma on the saurus with frenzy, that would've made for an amazing blitzer. On the flip side having an extra point of AV means that when you don't have block and you roll both down, you're much less likely to die.

So of course I'm voting for Dodge Agent355 has been avoiding an elf team all along, this will finally open him up to facing off against some crazy elven coaches.

EDIT: Also if we're going to only give 5/6 saurus block, it makes sense that the one that doesn't get block at level 1 should be one with a special roll. Maybe people should be voting for wrestle? who knows. Block is a bit boring though considering that the next two level up's will also be block 100%.

EDIT: my option isn't going to win, so like a baby I'll change my vote to Dodge.

I officially change my vote from Diving Tackle to Dodge. Assuming that's legal.

namad
Nov 7, 2013
First I just want to say frenzy has been really really good. It's caused a lot of interesting things to happen, at least mildly interesting. The opponents fear it. Agent is using it. Glad we picked it, even if it wasn't strictly optimal.

My votes:
Papa G Wrestle
Papa G Wrestle
Papa G Wrestle
Papa G Wrestle

Rest: who cares? You promised us we could vote for a wrestle saur. You gave all the other saurus block without asking us. This is our one voting chance to give a saur wrestle instead of block. We need to take it. Otherwise we'll have to wait for a saurus to die. If we'd been voting normally I think we would already have had a Wrestle saur by now. Tackle is going to be better on one of the other regular old block saurus anyways. A saurus who just has tackle will result in the elf just being happy to stand next to him and eat up a risky block. With tackle and block combined though they're doomed to dodge and doomed to mark.

namad fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Oct 7, 2017

namad
Nov 7, 2013

Agent355 posted:

For the record when saurus #6 levels I'm planning on having a vote for block vs wrassle for all you wrestle-holics. So don't get too crazy about trying to shove wrestle on people who already have block, I was going to explicitly give you the chance for a wrassler if you really feel you need it.

Sorry. I'm an idiot. I got the names confused in my head. :(
I'd go delete my post, because it's so stupid and disruptive, but I think we need to leave the evidence up.

Another n00b question, does the purchase of the stadium cost TV? if no, I think we should get it, because it's fun and interesting and a lot of us don't know anything about it. If it's like cheerleaders though and will give all our opponents star players, then it might be bad?

namad
Nov 7, 2013
Since my original attempt to vote was invalid and for the wrong lizard.

Skunt Break tackle
Papa Tackle
fleet Block
money Stadium

namad
Nov 7, 2013
Switch to two episodes per week please? /beg

namad
Nov 7, 2013
It has the in-game sounds. Definitely no commentary at all though.

namad
Nov 7, 2013
This match up was very interesting for me (maybe because saur-ball is over). Although now that we're at a higher TV is it maybe worth spending a small amount of time each video discussing the enemy team's levelups? now that each enemy team has a dozen or more level ups, and some of the enemy level up's are more exotic than just block/dodge.

Or am I just a n00b who needs to get better at learning those icons myself by pausing and googling it? (note I actually did google all the ones in this match so I don't need them explained, just wondering for the future.)

namad
Nov 7, 2013
I vote for +ma on fleetfoot and Astrogranite turf.
Now let me explain, if I understand astrogranite turf correctly it's UNBELIEVABLY GOOD FOR US! Why? Because have a ton of movement, which means in order to keep up with us almost every team is going to be gfi'ing a lot more than we will. Seeing elves and orcs die on gfis is hilarious!

I'm totally fine if beer stand wins though, like it looks like it's going to do. Everyone who votes for beer stand today though better vote for side step on all(some) of the skinks and frenzy on all (at least one more) of the saurus though!

I found a great reference for skill icons:
https://i.imgur.com/El0eXlD.jpg
I was going to write here that I had no idea what skill the trolls had, because I don't think it was mentioned at all this game, but it was guard. It feels like that should've mattered, but honestly I guess it never did. The goblins really only attacked with secret weapons.

Also right now the let's play forum is free and open to all non-goons. EVERYONE should read this thread! Even if you can't vote.
P.S. If I'm allowed to... If beer stand wins the stadium vote I want to change my fleetfoot vote automatically from +ma to sidestep.... unless that's cheating. I'm keeping in mind here that the astrogranite turf won't kill fleetfoot because he'll have 9 base movement!
P.P.S. If we have enough cash after the stadium upgrade I vote for a spare skink asap.

namad fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Oct 14, 2017

namad
Nov 7, 2013
Deleting the file after uninstalling the game should cause the game to create a new file with the default parameters when it reinstalls, even if you don't know how to edit the settings file, they key would be just finding it to remove it.

namad
Nov 7, 2013
Starance Wrestle
Lincoln Mighty Blow

at this TV enemy teams are going to have so much block, we need a block counterer. With AV9 wrestle's increased chance of fouling won't be important!

Also Thanks for including a couple minutes during the setup/start of the game to review the enemy team (both wood elves and gag's specific weird skill picks), I think it really helped me. Not sure if you did this because of my nagging, but either way I want to apologize for the nagging.

namad fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Oct 21, 2017

namad
Nov 7, 2013
Is wrestle actually better on skinks than saurus? or does this team usually just have 0 wrestle? Wouldn't a skink with wrestle basically never use it because fleetfoot is too good a blitzer? Or is it possible to build a wrestle strip ball skink to run into danger and die? Leaving fleetfoot purely for pickups and scores? I guess I could be persuaded to change my vote, and get on board. I just don't currently comprehend.

namad
Nov 7, 2013
Is jump up a double on a saurus? wouldn't that solve the wrestling flaw?

namad
Nov 7, 2013
That is what I worry about most. We're up to the TV where anyone beefy enough to stand their ground and punch back will at very least have block. Now also having block is probably the correct move. As a watcher though, seeing the BOOOING of block both down into blocker is boring.

I can see though that it would be much better to give every skink who rolls a double wrestle and if they don't get strip ball fire them (or vica versa), and that's what I'll vote for going forward.

As such, I'll vote to name the new skink Wrestle. That's where the real fun will be had.

namad
Nov 7, 2013

Blackmage Yapo posted:

Yep, I did one! I forgot to get it archived but you can watch it here:
First league (8 teams, full round robin + playoffs): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC6BC4DD8E126EADC
Second league (16 teams, many returning, full round robin + playoffs again): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL88C800B7E83A12D2

Looks like some of the videos got dropped from the second playlist but I think they're all still uploaded on my channel, plus the dumb bonus video Agent355 and I did for the realtime mode in BB1. (EDIT: proclick for Agent laughing like a loon https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ0xHqTshgA&t=149s)

Yeah I was really trying to distinguish myself because I started it right after cKnoor finished his and wanted to do something different. In hindsight I shouldn't have used multiple commentators and such but I was dumb and it was my first LP so wugd? Also it was an awful production pace and I couldn't really take a week off or play ahead or pick up an easy game to get MNGs back or anything.

I thought your blood bowl lp was one of the best, if not the best this forum has seen. The norse tendency to get a lot of causalities both for their team and against it, as well as having the ability to score a lot of points sometimes we very explosive and fun. The leagues ended up meaning you quit doing the let's play just before I had a chance to get bored of it, like I was able to with some of the longer running series. Really sad not to see it on the lparchive.

Maybe I just like norse though, chaos/necromantic/skaven/lizardman have been the other let's played teams IIRC?

namad
Nov 7, 2013
I really really liked that chain push agent355 did in that first half. Does grab make chain pushing any easier? Was grab a joke vote? or will our 3rd or 4th lvl3 saurus end up with it?

namad
Nov 7, 2013
I vote for Sprint for fleetfoot for the 1turn touchdowns I want to see.

namad
Nov 7, 2013

ProZocK posted:

Give fleetofoot sure feet. if we give him sprint first Agent will never take any unecessary gfis and snake it for death-apo-death. Sidestep would be the right choice but goddamit he is bullshit enough.

Agent355 has given fleetfoot at least one gfi in almost every game. Maybe with sprint he'll roll each gfi one at a time, and he'll stop moving after he eats a team reroll. Sure. However you cannot use both a team reroll AND sure feet on the same gfi. As such sprint would be better to get first. Sure feet only saves team rerolls. Sprint means more turns on which touchdowns are possible and attempted (even if he stops the attempt 1square away from the endzone.)

If the sure feet and sprint voters cannot agree though I fear the sidesteppers will win. Thankfully if he levels up twice more and rolls two more normals there's almost nothing at all left to give him EXCEPT sure feet and sprint.

namad
Nov 7, 2013
Once you have a bit more cash will you start leveling up the alternate skinks and firing anyone who doesn't roll something special for lvl2? Or is that a waste too?

namad
Nov 7, 2013
I'll vote for Mighty Blow just because I don't understand how shadowing will help on someone who doesn't also have tackle.

namad
Nov 7, 2013
Wait doesn't tad's death get undone by the ragequit? because if it does I'm really mad. You can't pro-strat then ragequit when you already had a chance to save your snowflake earlier?

I'll vote for Mighty Blow it's twice as good if you punch twice as much!

namad
Nov 7, 2013
Juggernaut gives block on blitz's so I feel like giving it to a unit with block is a bit of overlap and waste? Possibly though I'm entirely wrong!

namad
Nov 7, 2013
Fleetfoot Mac Sprint SCORE MORE. Also if people want to be babies and sure feet is one vote away from beating something other than sprint can you uh automatically change my vote to sure feet? because uh, if EITHER wins, next level is clearly going to the other one anyways....

Wrassle Sneaky git why? because if he has diving tackle anyone next to him will just punch him, which would be fine, if he had wrestle which he doesn't! If he rolls normal again he's just fired!

namad fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Nov 18, 2017

namad
Nov 7, 2013
Can someone explain this to me again? Why sure feet instead of sprint? Sprint opens up new plays. Sure feet can only ever save a team re-roll because you cannot reroll 1gfi two times. I guess there's a 1/6 chance of sure feet letting you take one more gfi (after using sure feet on the first of two desired gfi's with the team reroll being saved for the second gfi?).... so 1/6 chance to do something when gfi'ing? Sprint though gives you a 5/6th's squared chance or 69% chance of being able to attempt a third gfi if you succeed on your first two gfi's of a turn without consuming a team reroll. 69% is greater than 16%. Because really? Who's going to gfi without team reroll protection? Also we never seem to need our team rerolls anyways, let's find a way to waste them.

Really though in my mind it all comes down to one turn touchdown'ing and if we'll literally EVER see one happen in this let's play. I'd like to see one. Although I would be happy to wait 100 SP for sure feet+sprint combo, I'm not sure why convention wisdom seems to be get sure feet first and sprint second?

namad fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Nov 20, 2017

namad
Nov 7, 2013

Cassa posted:

3 GFIs becomes pretty close to a coin flip for rolling at least one 1, doesn't it?

Agility only really can suck.

57% assuming no sure feet and no team rerolls. Pretty dangerous. Still good odds if it's the only way to give yourself a touchdown.

namad
Nov 7, 2013
Skunt Guard
Goddars Piling On
Mothra Dodge

I don't really remember what the agility and passing skills are, and they weren't highlighted in the video like usually. I guess I might change my vote after I see what other ideas other people have. I'm not really sure if there's anything good for agility/passing saurus and maybe all skills should just be mightyblow/guard until ever saurus has both?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namad
Nov 7, 2013
I want to vote for human cheerleaders. If anyone cares about it, I've never liked the orc cheerleaders but I've gone along with it because it upset the broadcasters so much.

• Locked thread