Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Drone Jett posted:

The rereg is going to have to change things up.

Not by a lot, I see the accusations regularly in d&d, but as long as the poster does nothing to confirm it, whose to say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Let us remember the good times

I once saw someone try to own Lamps by posting excerpts of WH40k fiction as examples of good genre writing, sincerely. It was amazing

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Peel posted:

he shined too bright for this fallen world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArSOePQBJQg

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Nevvy Z posted:

Oh nevermind then gently caress botl

Before he suffered his martyrdom, Lamps boosted the news in multiple threads and on discord and encouraged others to donate as he had. Truly in this, and only this, was he finally "owned"

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Please tell me you have a link.

ah, i wish. I think it was in the genchat thread in CD, either the current one or most recent one.

Not a specific memory, but it was always funny when someone would accuse Lamps of only hating fantasy. Like yeah the guy who won't shut up about how awesome Gormenghast or Excalibur are and who makes huge posts critically thinking about specific works or the general genre, wow he really must hate this stuff!

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

As the CD hivemind told me once i merged my goony self within it, nerdism is a disease. *elrond voice* And criticism is the cuurre

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

And who amongst us is not an tedious poo poo poster most of the time?

Arrogance is in the eye of the beholder; even as a lurker who rarely posts I've accidentally caused meltdowns or gotten weeeird PMs for things I intended as merely cheeky or jocular. I can easily imagine giving into the temptation to just lean into the crazy responses one can get around here.

Xalidur posted:

I have never posted in this forum, only lurked. But I will post now a single post with the mantle of the Silent Majority to say that BotL was the best content on this site, and he shall be missed.

Yah I feel bad I read this thread for so long without contributing, although I doubt I would be any good at literary criticism.

And honestly, if it was just a normal ban or long probation I could agree with posters/mods that, like with other "controversial" "snobs" like SMG or hbomb or whoever, that most of the flack/discipline is totally deserved . .

But a permanent ban?? as silly as it is to get irl upset over internet forum poo poo, I'm fuckin pissed

This aggression, this aggression will not stand, man

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

I mean obviously it will, and yes I get that this is how haters feel when Botl posted, but I dunno

I'm just trying to work thru my disappointment that I never got to say "hey lamps review some loving Michael Moorcock ya bish" :(

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

All those penis puns, lost, like goons . . . in social situations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

A fitting epitaph. For the record, I generally think the admins+mods do a great and obviously thankless job volunteering to keep the peace among goons.

But this peace, it shall destroy many