Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

M_Gargantua posted:

I'd think you'd have a good take on Max Gladstone, he's pretty new and while I enjoy him I'm sure you'd destroy the entire craft sequence for being very bad (tm)

I'm more morbidly curious what he would make of CJ Cherryh and specifically wish to submit Cyteen to be scoffed at and discarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Harrow posted:

BotL once positively reviewed Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell, for what it's worth: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3365216&userid=191162#post451886108

Huh. Okay, fair enough.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Zizek says it the best:

I actually have a theory now: BravestOfTheLamps is the account Zizek posts on when he wants to unwind in a relatively non-bizarre way.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

CountFosco posted:

Based on nothing more than reading those passages you've quoted, Titus Groan strikes me as little more than a neoliberal shriek against anything not petty-bourgeoisie, as reactionary in its contempt for "the stupids" as a Godard.

i just want to say, i unironically appreciate your effort to direct the same level of sneering shitposting at something BotL likes as he does at

well

pretty much everything