Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

mystes posted:

I'm interested in "critical looks at sci-fi-and fantasy: the thread" but not so interested in "critical looks at book barn posters: the thread." I'm optimistically bookmarking this thread in hopes that it turns out to mostly be the former.

If you were any more optimistic I'd call you Tristram Shandy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

BotL can you eventually review some fantasy you like? Maybe Jack Vance or something. Just so the people who think you HATE FUN will shut up

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

Looks like a crumpet to me.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

:ssh: We don't want them to know that.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

I like Lord Dunsany

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

My favorite story of his is The Moon Moth, and I think it's the best thing he ever wrote, largely because he abandoned the clever charming protagonists he usually uses and substituted an inept, accidentally obnoxious one..

There's a really good comic adaption of this story, have you read it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

Neurosis posted:

Also condolences to BravestoftheLamps who's taken a bullet in the comics forum for having political views that aren't completely at one with the choir

He was capped in the Zizek forum, for something about disagreeing with the idea that George Lucas is probably an abuser because of things he wrote into Star Wars. Or at least pointing out that's where the idea comes from, I guess?