Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ima gonna play this game as the chandalier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Stairmaster posted:

wheres blastoise

In the 90s

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dr Cheeto posted:

Wait, luchador Pikachu is a different character than regular Pikachu?

Its his mexican cousin

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fargin Icehole posted:

This the one where Pikachu has Heihachi's moves?

Wind god fist ftw

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I dont usually like using a stick in games with a jump button

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Neo_Crimson posted:

I hope this game has online/usable online because from what I heard about Splatoon 2 sounds like a nightmare.

Pokken on wiiu had better netcode than most games.
Get a wired adaptor for best results tho.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jade Mage posted:

Are there wired adapters for the Switch that work? I must not have been paying enough attention. Where can I get me one of these?

Go to amazon and search for switch ethernet and read the questions section. Someone will ask "does this work on switch" and if the answer is yes buy it.

They should cost like 8 dollars so i just rolled the dice and won on the first try.

It made usf2 playable online which i thought would be impossible based on its wifi performance

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pm videogames

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sceptile is my main now. He is cool as heck. Back special being a forward special feint cross up is nasty

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It was posted wistfully with a tear

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Well the fighting game goon discord didnt even know it was out yet so

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Never

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Do skill points affect ranked battles?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Empress Brosephine posted:

is this game actually fun and deep or is it shallow and one note like ARMS

Its tekken lite so it rules very hard

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dizz posted:

Explain how ARMS is shallow and one note.

Lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dizz posted:

Who the gently caress is Lucario?

Hes like a blue dog man

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

If sceptiles' backA is listed as a counter, why do i get owned doing it to catch enemy attacks?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ventana posted:

Not sure what to tell you, but it appears to be unchanged from the Wii U version, and it works kinda like Lucario's counter from Smash. Put it out there for a while, and whatever physical attacks hit you make sceptile disappear and he swings over the opponent and a log drops on them which gives them a debuff. While swinging overhead you can press a button and just come down with that instead but it's still pretty invincible. If you hold it down then he'll just go into swinging.

Idk if it works on projectiles or not, but I sorta doubt it would. It might not work against every attack either (like maybe it'd fail against anti-air moves with high hitboxes). But it does work.

Yeah projectiles seem to be an issue. Also seem like you need to release the hold once you are attacked to trigger the counter? If you keep holding it doesnt work? Maybe not hard to tell in match.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Turtlicious posted:

How do you deal with Suicune Spam?

Is Chandelure good for Zoning? I keep getting my rear end kicked, and I'm not sure he has enough tools for getting people out of his face.

I wanna spam projectiles, and gently caress people up for trying to approach, whose good at that?

The penguin thing has some good projectiles

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Are all the assists good at what they do or are there some cool broken ones?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mabels big day posted:

Are there any basic and concise character guide videos? Something that just goes over all the moves and general playstyles of each character. There's too many times I have no idea what I'm even being hit with. The simple command lists in the training area aren't really comprehensive enough to explain the contexts and proper uses of the moves.

Play the combo and action tutorial for all the characters

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lack of rematch in ranked is the lamest loving thing

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I only lose when i try to block with down/back or tech throws with a throw.

Which is always.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pyswagoras posted:

Pretty sure there is a goon room. I found info for one in the PokeGoons Discord.

No urgency but worth posting itt

• Locked thread